JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #4,352 of 4,826
Its possible! If you think about it, both the 1000's and the 2000's are old tech. Wasn't this thread created in like 2013? No company keeps the same model of product on the shelves passed 4 years. So either JVC is coming out with some new and better tech for us, or they are abandoning them all together. If the price has indeed gone up, and someone wants a pair, you better get them quick!

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #4,353 of 4,826
UPDATE= I have lost count on how many hours I have put on my cans, but I'd say at least 1000 hours minimum. I just wanted to let people know what to expect with the stock pads on the 1000's. I personally thought that pleather was a higher quality material then the vinyl coatings that they use on cheaper cans. Unfortunately, after all my hours of constant use, the material is starting to peal off the same exact way as the cheaper vinyl pads. And to top it all off, it feels like on the right side cup its lost cushioning around the ear lobe and its giving me quite the sting of pain now.

I can't really afford to replace my pads right now since the Sheepskin is terribly expensive. But next year I have plans to replace them. Also, unlike several other's out there who reported damage to their cans at the swivil point of the headband, mine are still intact. There is no telling how long that will last, but from what I can tell, I listen on my cans for far longer hours then most people so yeah. Also, sound quality wise, these cans are still pounding my skull, most recently I've been watching the show Dark Matter while using them. :) So there's your long time review right there! LOL

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #4,354 of 4,826
Hi folks!

Anyone got any recommendations on good software equalizers? Primarily for pc, but also android. I've tried several but none really seem to get the job done. Especially on pc.

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #4,355 of 4,826
UPDATE= I have lost count on how many hours I have put on my cans, but I'd say at least 1000 hours minimum. I just wanted to let people know what to expect with the stock pads on the 1000's. I personally thought that pleather was a higher quality material then the vinyl coatings that they use on cheaper cans. Unfortunately, after all my hours of constant use, the material is starting to peal off the same exact way as the cheaper vinyl pads. And to top it all off, it feels like on the right side cup its lost cushioning around the ear lobe and its giving me quite the sting of pain now.

I can't really afford to replace my pads right now since the Sheepskin is terribly expensive. But next year I have plans to replace them. Also, unlike several other's out there who reported damage to their cans at the swivil point of the headband, mine are still intact. There is no telling how long that will last, but from what I can tell, I listen on my cans for far longer hours then most people so yeah. Also, sound quality wise, these cans are still pounding my skull, most recently I've been watching the show Dark Matter while using them. :) So there's your long time review right there! LOL

If it serves you, those sheep skin have a small discount and remaining at a final price of $ 25 dlls. with free shipping on the Brainwavz website:

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/coll...e-memory-foam-earpads-round-sheepskin-leather

By the way, good series Dark Matter! What do you think of Star Trek Discovery?

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #4,357 of 4,826
If it serves you, those sheep skin have a small discount and remaining at a final price of $ 25 dlls. with free shipping on the Brainwavz website:

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/coll...e-memory-foam-earpads-round-sheepskin-leather

By the way, good series Dark Matter! What do you think of Star Trek Discovery?

WOW, thank you very much, thats a much better price for those pads. Not sure how much shipping would be, I'd prefer free shipping if possible. lol I also have Prime membership at Amazon, and I really wish that Amazon had them for the same price, cause then I'd get them for 25 out the door with free 2-day shipping, or perhaps one day for eligible items. I wonder how long they will stay discounted on Brainwavz website?

Dark Matter is a very awesome show, I already watched all three seasons, but I am re-watching the show now cause its that awesome hehe. I don't have cable tv, nor have a online subscription to CBS all access, so I am unable to watch Star Trek Discovery. But I've read mixed opinions about it, some people say they love it, and some people say they hate it. When the show gets released onto Netflix, then I will be able to watch it.

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #4,358 of 4,826
For PC get EqualizerAPO and I have an EQ setting I made that sounds great. I'll send it to you if you want to try it.

I do recommend Equalizer APO for a software EQ for Windows. However, if you are on Linux, your sh** out of luck. Most people don't have the need to EQ for anything, so it puts less pressure on developers to produce good EQ software for Linux. Its the whole reason why I got a hardware EQ box. But instead of spending several hundred dollars for a new EQ box, I went to Ebay and got a vintage one for 40 bucks. This is my box and the settings I use for each channel.

lp2VY2H.jpg

:L3000:

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #4,359 of 4,826
WOW, thank you very much, thats a much better price for those pads. Not sure how much shipping would be, I'd prefer free shipping if possible. lol I also have Prime membership at Amazon, and I really wish that Amazon had them for the same price, cause then I'd get them for 25 out the door with free 2-day shipping, or perhaps one day for eligible items. I wonder how long they will stay discounted on Brainwavz website?

Dark Matter is a very awesome show, I already watched all three seasons, but I am re-watching the show now cause its that awesome hehe. I don't have cable tv, nor have a online subscription to CBS all access, so I am unable to watch Star Trek Discovery. But I've read mixed opinions about it, some people say they love it, and some people say they hate it. When the show gets released onto Netflix, then I will be able to watch it.

You're welcome! As I recall, free shipping is done by post, so maybe a little late but, you can save money.

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/pages/shipping-information

Yes, I've seen all the seasons of Dark Matter too. I do not have cable TV, I download them via Internet ...

I have seen the 5 chapters of Star Trek and I find it interesting, maybe it does not have the original essence but, they pose very well the situations.

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #4,361 of 4,826

The wife and I were pissed when we found out they cancelled Dark Matter. Also, the new Star Trek is better than expected.

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #4,363 of 4,826
Damn! Canceled? I have not heard. Yes Star Trek Discovery is entertaining (good plot and special effects).

Unfortunately, yes. (CLICK HERE) We enjoyed the one two punch of Killjoys and Dark Matter on Friday. SyFy did renew Killjoys for 2 more seasons though.

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #4,365 of 4,826
I wasn't aware that they canceled Dark Matter either. Why don't they put suck information on the information pages of Netflix content? I guess they don't want to be honest with the people if they force us to have to do a google search just to find said information. To be honest, I have felt like lately that Dark Matter hasn't gotten a fair shake. For some odd reason Stranger Things went completely viral on Netflix and everybody loves it. But just like with Lost In Space, Dark Matter fell down the cracks. Which really is horrible, cause in my humble opinion, Dark Matter is way better then Stranger Things, just sayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back