JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #2,131 of 4,826
  Whoa. Did anyone else notice the Japanese Amazon sellers have way faster shipping times now?
eek.gif

Ordered mine on a Friday and got it on a Monday, seems extremely fast to me if it came from Japan

May 20, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,132 of 4,826
  Ordered mine on a Friday and got it on a Monday, seems extremely fast to me if it came from Japan

Oh, hai! (=^‥^=)

I've seen you around a lot lately. You should totally list your entire headphone collection (past and present) on your profile.

I ordered the SZ2K from an eBay seller, but it was taking so long for them to send out that I canceled my order. Will get it eventually...

May 21, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #2,133 of 4,826
Anyone got any experience with gaming and the SZ1K or SZ2K? Seems they're awesome for movies and since I play games at least as much as I watch movies and series I've been curious.

Also; any tips on good software eq's? Both for pc and android.

May 21, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #2,134 of 4,826
  Anyone got any experience with gaming and the SZ1K or SZ2K? Seems they're awesome for movies and since I play games at least as much as I watch movies and series I've been curious.

Also; any tips on good software eq's? Both for pc and android.

The Sz1k were awesome playing Battlefield Heroes online. Kinda heavy but when into the game I didn't realize. Explosions, rumble of tanks. Good stuff

May 21, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #2,137 of 4,826
Who else here wears glasses? Do your glasses break the seal for any of the pads? Or can you wear them with no loss in comfort and sound? I usually just take my glasses out and put them in the area over ear pads of headphones while watching videos or whatever. When I listen to music, I usually just don't wear my glasses at all.

May 21, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #2,138 of 4,826
Hey guys I just received my sz1000's and I'm loving them. I am interested in changing pads and the only ones I can find are the brainwaves hm5's but I found some used mr55x headphones for 30$ free shipping and was wondering if I could just pull those off and use them. Thanks for your time!

May 21, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #2,140 of 4,826

The Sz1k were awesome playing Battlefield Heroes online. Kinda heavy but when into the game I didn't realize. Explosions, rumble of tanks. Good stuff

I use mine for Battlefield 3 all the time :)

May 21, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #2,141 of 4,826
I've narrowed down my purchase to the sz2000s, but it's making me go crazy trying to purchase these things. I've seen them all over Amazon and eBay but they are all new and shipped from Japan. I'd love to buy these used, but for the life of me I cannot find anything. The price ranges are wild on some, but what really annoys me is the warranty. I don't know if it's true or not, but isn't the manufacturers warranty only good in Japan? I'd assume that being a US buyer like me, that I'd have to take a chance and find a seller that's willing to be the middleman to JVC for any warranty. Not only that, the typical Amazon and eBay buying protection doesn't work on international purchases so they won't help you out at all far as I can tell.

Also, duty taxes and customs and whatnot. No idea how those work, should I expect that I have to pay a bunch of extra money for them?

Quote:
Anyone got any tips on where to go if (when) the cable gives up? I've saved pretty much all my old ones since I figured it was a soldering issue when they give up like this but I don't think I want to mess around with these. Maybe there are diy tutorials for fixing the cable issue on cans? (I know there are but I guess you guys have infinetely more experience abt headphones and know where the good ones are. 
/end of rant

I don't know if you're in the same situation as I was, but my ATH-M50s started cutting out on one side too. I found that it was a problem with the jack or some kind of cable issue. I spliced together the original cable and a different headphone wire with a jack but it looked messy and the wires were too small to get a good solder. My solution was just turn them into a DIY detachable headphone cable mod and just put a headphone jack into the can so I didn't have to worry about any of that junk anymore.

I'm not an expert on headphones, but if it's the internal wires inside the can then it should be just as simple as a new solder job.

May 22, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,143 of 4,826

I don't know if you're in the same situation as I was, but my ATH-M50s started cutting out on one side too. I found that it was a problem with the jack or some kind of cable issue. I spliced together the original cable and a different headphone wire with a jack but it looked messy and the wires were too small to get a good solder. My solution was just turn them into a DIY detachable headphone cable mod and just put a headphone jack into the can so I didn't have to worry about any of that junk anymore.

I'm not an expert on headphones, but if it's the internal wires inside the can then it should be just as simple as a new solder job.

That's exactly what I don't want to happen to my incoming SZ1Ks. I'll probably start by putting some shrink tube on the area immediately after the jack, that tends to increase the longevity on my porta pro's at least. I guess I'll just be extra careful when using these. Anyone knows in what area a headphone cable service usually ends up costing?

May 22, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #2,144 of 4,826
For those who haven't noticed already, the JVC cable is wayyy thicker than the Koss. You have about as much reason to worry about the JVC cable dying than you do to worry the same about studio monitor headphones with thick non-detachable cables...like the ones I have and don't worry about at all.
wink_face.gif

May 22, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,145 of 4,826
The wire from the HA-SZ2000 is also much stiffer, and doesn't just hang. It actually tends to float around instead of hanging.
It was the fact that the cable was hanging low all the time, especially when I was walking with my M50 that bent the plugs at the extremities and caused the plastic and eventually the wires to tear. I am much less worried with the SZ2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back