JVC HA-RX700 Mods
Jul 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #151 of 255

Black edition. I like this one the most thus far. Looks almost retail, I think. :)

From the insides. Some red materiale stuck and left behind. You can also see the tape. I added a grid to hold the foam into place.

:)

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #152 of 255

Quote:
It makes you wonder why JVC didn't put just a little more foam in there doesn't it...

That's a calculated decision, no doubt. They doesn't want them to be too good for the low price. xD

Quote:
I did the foam mod with cotton and WOW, it's far more comfortable. I prefer the larger soundstage as well; it really suits the sound of these headphones. Bass is lessened, but I feel it's more controlled. The separation of instruments is vastly improved after the mod.
The comfort is the biggest thing, though.

I don't know about the sound changes, but the extra soft materiale is really needed for the added comfort, at least.

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #158 of 255
I finally got around to stuffing the rim of the pads with cotton instead of foam as I didn't have any foam on hand. this definitely increased the sound stage. I am impressed. I am quite happy with my modded 700's. I have done all recommended mods and couldn't be happier. For the money and a little bit of time these phones are a lot of fun to listen to.

Cheers,
Dan

May 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #160 of 255
Quote:
did you use the loose cotton balls that is for makeup removal etc? Excellent!

Yup, sure did. Stuffed them in one at a time all the way around the rim until the pad was nice and plump.

May 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #163 of 255
just got mine in, i stuffed the pads with the gutted remains of my old monoprice 8323 pads (i use m50 pads on those, hated the stock pads) and really appreciate the added comfort and slightly airier presentation now which i guess is attributable to the expanded soundstage from the added depth

how long is the recommended burn in period on these? also what mods have any of you gone through with to open up the mids and highs? im just curious, im thinking about poking holes throught the felt covering the drivers and probably dampening the cups while i was at it with some lead tape or something, advice???

May 11, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #164 of 255

Users who are viewing this thread

Back