JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Mar 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #2,686 of 3,271
Quote:
Hi there,

for those looking for a direct A/B match FX700 vs FXZ 200:

I made recently this comparison FX 700 vs. FXZ200. As told in some other thread it is in Spanish but with a decent translator you should pick up most of my comments. 

http://reproductormp3.net/index.php?topic=17728.0

For the lazy ones:

If you looking for deep yet slamming bass, go for the FXZ 200. On the other hand, FX700 give an impressive, deep, spread and embracing bass also slower than FXZ 200's.

Depeding on the type of music you usually listen to, you might choose one over the other. Simply put, large musical performances FX700, closer/unplugged FXZ200. 

For texture on classical intruments, accoustic etc... FX700 for the rest including piano, FXZ200.

SOundstage is absolutely different. Very spread and deep FX700, music moving towards you. INitially very close sound with the FXZ200 but spreading nicely out. As I mention in the review it is the same performance from the public and musicians point of "listening". Very interesting comparison on this specific issue. 

This is a comparison A/B but any of those is a delight. 

For purely and lovely mids, my "unnegotiable" recommendation is Hifiman RE272 (with proper source and amp). In this very case, bass is not slamming, nor embracing it is just a marvelous touch of bass and subbass... a pure delight. 

Having said this, I don't know if I could given away any of the three.... 

Hope this helps.

Best regards fm Spain. 

Very good comparisons between the 3, thanks.  Are you A/B'ing with amp or straight from your source?

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #2,687 of 3,271
Set up is as follows:

Hifiman HM601  + (Meier Corda2MOve Amp).

HM601 is fairly powerful and more than sufficient for iem's, however Meier Amp delivers specially to the FXZ200 an extra punch and control, and to the RE 272 an even more detailed sounstage.

To my ears, obviously.

B.R.

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #2,688 of 3,271
just got my fxz200 shipped from Japan. FLAC of cello solo by Yo Yo Ma to my Nuforce HDP, the bass is "WOW" soundstage is OK but mids and treble are not so impressed. Maybe need sometime to break in.

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #2,689 of 3,271
My general experience is that yes, DD need burn in, but most of all, your ears need to get acquainted to the in-ear headphone.

The FXZ200 has superlative and extremely good bass, to me very precise and forward mids and also very clean and elegant highs. Learn to appreciate them. There are there..

I had the JVC FX200 and FX700 side by side during two weeks. Was very impressed by both. 

Then I got my RE272 back from Hong KOng and after a couple of  hours of TOTAL desappointment with them, I "rediscovered" them. Sutil, elegant, so f... precise and delicate. Simply so naturallly beautiful. 

It is amazing how the human ear can also adapt to different sound  profiles and, with the according time, enjoy VERY different signatures. Obviously there will be one more natural and pleasant to you for long run sessions. And you would be surprised to discover that very often it is the least "spectacular" iem that stays in your ear. 

This is my experience. 

Sorry for the slight off topic. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #2,692 of 3,271
Just got my 100's today. Gawd this thing is sick. I love my tf10 and se215 but this is just something completely different. Can't wait to see how the sq changes over time. Also got the has400 and fx3x.

Had huge expectations for the fx3x to be pretty bass heavy... but they sound like utter crap after listening to the 100 and has400... lol. Although I'm sure the sound will change after burning them in more but the quality of the bass and over sound signature just doesn't compare to the 100. Oh well, caught them on sale on amazon for $25 so nothing to lose.

I'm Really, REALLY impressed with these. Now I got tri-ba and tri-dynamics. I guess the only thing to get after this is quad customs. lol
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #2,693 of 3,271
The FXZ100 deserves more love!!

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #2,694 of 3,271
Just got my 100's today. Gawd this thing is sick. I love my tf10 and se215 but this is just something completely different. Can't wait to see how the sq changes over time. Also got the has400 and fx3x.

Had huge expectations for the fx3x to be pretty bass heavy... but they sound like utter crap after listening to the 100 and has400... lol. Although I'm sure the sound will change after burning them in more but the quality of the bass and over sound signature just doesn't compare to the 100. Oh well, caught them on sale on amazon for $25 so nothing to lose.

I'm Really, REALLY impressed with these. Now I got tri-ba and tri-dynamics. I guess the only thing to get after this is quad customs. lol :veryevil:
u bought fake fx3x .that price is much too cheap mine cost 46 pounds from a legit source.mine sound sick lol

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2,698 of 3,271
Agreed. these things puts everything out to shame, at least what I have. If there is anything that could top these with the same or better low end extension.... i would be willing to buy and hear. maybe.

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #2,699 of 3,271
Quote:
^ LMAO, she looks more like an ATH CKN 70 type of girl to me.
wink_face.gif
Slick/ slender and sexy unlike those chunky/ bulky FXZs.
tongue_smile.gif

I disagree, because CKN 70 would be even skinnier and unkempt. She would be all over the place with very awkward movement. Then again, my post was about the sound of the song and not the girl. I'll know soon enough how hyped the 70 is, but the FXZ100 is not nearly getting the attention and love it deserves. It's temperamental and needs the right tips (right now the Phonak tips sound wonderful on the FXZ100). The details are there and provides just enough of everything. Do I think the CKS1000 is better? Somewhat, but not by leaps and bounds. Both present sound differently, that's all, but I wouldn't say one blows the other out of the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back