JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #2,716 of 3,271
Quote:
Thanks for your answer.

Nothing very negative, nothing very precise.
My doubt is still here... But i'm impatient and tired to hesitate... So i pulled the trigger !

Now wait & see =)

Exactly. I just didn't expect them to excel in this particular genre, which is why I opted for the Eq-5 instead for it's praised versatility. Still, based on the reviews I don't think either is a bad choice and that you will most likely be happy with them. Let us know what you think once they arrive (and have been burned in - before someone adds that disclaimer). Really curious!

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #2,717 of 3,271
I just got my FXZ100 about 2 weeks ago.. i guess they've got about 150 hours ish burn in
i feel that the vocals are a bit too far back on some songs and that makes it feel very lacking when listening to most of the jrock songs i listen to such as 
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/VjwcXgoM/04_Saisei.htm

but i do enjoy listening to them for  hip-hop / rap songs like this :
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/f5rC50Kh/Epik_High_-_Top_Gun.html

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #2,718 of 3,271
Hi

I  Need a little help.

I Bought the JVC FXZ200 through Amazon JP  and  when i tried them on my Xperia S, the volume was a bit low. I  have tried changing the tips and no luck.

I am very dissapointed because i paid almost £175 GBP( including customs duty and shipping)  and my  7 months Atrios sound way way  better.

Is there something im doing wrong? please help

Thanks

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #2,719 of 3,271
Quote:
Hi

I  Need a little help.

I Bought the JVC FXZ200 through Amazon JP  and  when i tried them on my Xperia S, the volume was a bit low. I  have tried changing the tips and no luck.

I am very dissapointed because i paid almost £175 GBP( including customs duty and shipping)  and my  7 months Atrios sound way way  better.

Is there something im doing wrong? please help

Thanks

You probably need to get an portable amp to properly drive them to good listening levels. They are a bit power hungry and will scale really well when you give them more juice. My ipods can drive them adequately but does not bring out their full potential.

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #2,721 of 3,271
Quote:
Which amplifier would you recommend? I am a noob when it comes to them.

I looking for a budget one,something to bring out the sound for now.

Thanks

This will be more than enough:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E11-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0053KWDES/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1364151351&sr=8-4

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #2,722 of 3,271
Quote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E11-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0053KWDES/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1364151351&sr=8-4

^ Yeppp what eke said, i am a noob to all this amps/ dacs myself. Just got my 1st portable amp like an 2 weeks ago, but that Fiio E11 should more than suffice.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #2,723 of 3,271
Quote:

Lets say i opt to buy the Cowons i9 DAP would that be sufficient on its own? Cause the i9 are going for £79.99 on advanced mp3 player.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #2,727 of 3,271
Quote:
maybe not good enough seal

off my iphone 4, i listen at around 40% and 60% is sufficient to blow my ears
or maybe, you've done a little too much high volume listening

Then again, his Xperia may not have enough power. The iPhone (4 and newer) is about the best smartphone you can get when it comes to sound.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #2,729 of 3,271
Quote:
maybe not good enough seal

off my iphone 4, i listen at around 40% and 60% is sufficient to blow my ears
or maybe, you've done a little too much high volume listening

Maybe its the seal maybe its not. With the Fxz200  i hear significant amount  traffic on the highest volume with my Xperia S. I have also tried all the spare tips i have including the sony hybrids with no luck.

The most high volume listening i do is with my Xperia S and  Atrios MG7 even with that sometimes i get leakage, sometimes a complete seal with stock tips.

I am still unsure whether to buy the Cowon i9 or Fio e11 amplifier?

Or  invest in some other tip?

Its really frustrating going through all the hassle to order them from japan only for them to sound like £20 earbuds.

Also the way the FXZ200 are built i find it hard to fit the tip into my ear completely even with all the tips i have. Is there any tip that you would recommend?

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #2,730 of 3,271
Quote:
Maybe its the seal maybe its not. With the Fxz200  i hear significant amount  traffic on the highest volume with my Xperia S. I have also tried all the spare tips i have including the sony hybrids with no luck.

The most high volume listening i do is with my Xperia S and  Atrios MG7 even with that sometimes i get leakage, sometimes a complete seal with stock tips.

I am still unsure whether to buy the Cowon i9 or Fio e11 amplifier?

Or  invest in some other tip?

Its really frustrating going through all the hassle to order them from japan only for them to sound like £20 earbuds.

Also the way the FXZ200 are built i find it hard to fit the tip into my ear completely even with all the tips i have. Is there any tip that you would recommend?

if your phone isnt playing at high enough volumes, you can try an amp
try comply tips- ts400 for less sound changing but t400 for for isolation (which seems like thats what you need)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back