JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #2,671 of 3,271
been reading through the entire thread all day and night. Ready to pull the plug and sign up for amazon jp and tenso. Still unsure if the 100 is enough for edm, fast drums like August Burns Red and other bands, mainstream music stuff.... I love my bass, but at least for iem's I don't want "too much".

I just got tf10's that my gf bought me for valentines and been listening to them all day during work today. So the tf10 is.. I guess my "real-good" iem. My daily beaters is se215 then also have hafx40, e10, monoprice 9927, altec lansing backbeat 106 in my collection. Figured, now since I have a triple-BA, might as well get a triple-dynamic too :D

Not sure.. what do you guys think? From what I'm getting, the sub-bass on the 200 is significantly more than the 100 right? But it's not like the 100 doesn't have the sub-bass, just "not as much"? I think?

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #2,672 of 3,271
been reading through the entire thread all day and night. Ready to pull the plug and sign up for amazon jp and tenso. Still unsure if the 100 is enough for edm, fast drums like August Burns Red and other bands, mainstream music stuff.... I love my bass, but at least for iem's I don't want "too much".

I just got tf10's that my gf bought me for valentines and been listening to them all day during work today. So the tf10 is.. I guess my "real-good" iem. My daily beaters is se215 then also have hafx40, e10, monoprice 9927, altec lansing backbeat 106 in my collection. Figured, now since I have a triple-BA, might as well get a triple-dynamic too :D

Not sure.. what do you guys think? From what I'm getting, the sub-bass on the 200 is significantly more than the 100 right? But it's not like the 100 doesn't have the sub-bass, just "not as much"? I think?

Subbass should be plentiful with the fxz100s, it contains less than the sony mh1c if you want to refer to an Iem with a profuse amount of bass.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #2,673 of 3,271
Quote:
Absolutely. I enjoyed the 200's but found the upper mids to be harsh on female vocals and soundstage too narrow. The SM64s cure all that and then some.

Thanks for the reply. Can you compare the bass(especially sub-bass) of the sm64 vs 200s? How you found sm64 more impressive than the 200? in bass quality or quantity?

I only have the 200 so I cant compare with the 100 but as I've read some mates here have owned both of them. I think you gonna love the 100 because the 200 play edm genres and mainstream stuff better than the tf10(I have both 200 n tf10:D) and I also found the bass of the 200 maybe overwhelming in some songs ( bass light songs) so maybe the 100's bass is better for you:) but the bass of the 200 is excellent for EDM (I listen to dubstep,chill step,electro,house)IMO. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #2,675 of 3,271
Quote:

I love TF10, and I love EDM, so I think we have the same taste...
wink_face.gif

To me, FXZ100 is good for EDM, but not great, bass hit hard which is good, and goes down low, speed is not fast nor slow, somewhere in the middle, trance and breaks are perhaps FXZ100's biggest weakness in EDM, though it is pretty good for house, especially for tunes with deep bass line, like Dirty South or John Dahlback

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,676 of 3,271
Quote:
thanks vlenbo and gold. that pretty much seals the deal for me haha. thanks! I'll just get the 100
smily_headphones1.gif
i think it'll be sufficient enough for me lol

go for the 200! i dont think the subbass is over-accentuated at all on bass light songs, in fact I can barely hear it if it doesn't call for it. overall (and from what I read) I believe the 200's are an all around upgrade on the 100's, esp for electronic music.

I've had the 200's for about a month now and I can't stop listening to them, somewhat similar music tastes

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #2,677 of 3,271
good thing i didnt order them yet. dang it..... was hoping i wouldnt have to spend more money. but i can imagine that the extra is definitely worth it for the 200. thanks guys! although i was going to cheap out for the 100.... ughh might as well and get the 200 :D

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #2,682 of 3,271
Quote:
good thing i didnt order them yet. dang it..... was hoping i wouldnt have to spend more money. but i can imagine that the extra is definitely worth it for the 200. thanks guys! although i was going to cheap out for the 100.... ughh might as well and get the 200
biggrin.gif

be careful, 100 is not better than 200, or vice versa, 200 is more expensive but doesn't mean it is better, I read the thread inside out a few months ago before I bought one, and reading closely on how people described the sound, I finally settled on the 100, and never regret it...

Both of them have different signature...

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #2,683 of 3,271
understood :) i still havent order it yet haha. but the more i reread others reviews, i might end up sticking with my original decision on getting the 100's over the 200. although i havent heard either of them, the impression im getting of the 200; just might be too much bass for me.... regardless they are going to be a big jump in terms of bass since im coming up from only a select few iems.

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #2,685 of 3,271
Hi there,

for those looking for a direct A/B match FX700 vs FXZ 200:

I made recently this comparison FX 700 vs. FXZ200. As told in some other thread it is in Spanish but with a decent translator you should pick up most of my comments. 

http://reproductormp3.net/index.php?topic=17728.0

For the lazy ones:

If you looking for deep yet slamming bass, go for the FXZ 200. On the other hand, FX700 give an impressive, deep, spread and embracing bass also slower than FXZ 200's.

Depeding on the type of music you usually listen to, you might choose one over the other. Simply put, large musical performances FX700, closer/unplugged FXZ200. 

For texture on classical intruments, accoustic etc... FX700 for the rest including piano, FXZ200.

SOundstage is absolutely different. Very spread and deep FX700, music moving towards you. INitially very close sound with the FXZ200 but spreading nicely out. As I mention in the review it is the same performance from the public and musicians point of "listening". Very interesting comparison on this specific issue. 

This is a comparison A/B but any of those is a delight. 

For purely and lovely mids, my "unnegotiable" recommendation is Hifiman RE272 (with proper source and amp). In this very case, bass is not slamming, nor embracing it is just a marvelous touch of bass and subbass... a pure delight. 

Having said this, I don't know if I could given away any of the three.... 

Hope this helps.

Best regards fm Spain. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back