JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #1,472 of 3,271
For you who have both 100 and 200. Are the 100s easier to drive? I would use a rooted samsung galaxy S with voodo-sound as my source without any external amp. The internal amp is pretty good from my experience. Overall clearer and more powerfull than my clip+

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,473 of 3,271
Quote:
@SWF   no.. i didnt banned my self,  i just have fun reading for the moment.   These 200's are what i want.
tongue_smile.gif

@Wayne.  98 pages, more hype????
biggrin.gif

Are you sure these are what you want, or is what Ds/ ericp tells you you want??? hoho think about that.
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #1,474 of 3,271
Quote:
Are you sure these are what you want, or is what Ds/ ericp tells you you want??? hoho think about that.
biggrin.gif

I don't even own the 200s, so I don't think he's wanting what I told him to want. lol

But if the 200s are even more than the 100s (which I have no reason to doubt), I would say our friend is in for a treat! But the 100 stand on its own from what I'm reading too. The 100 is great!

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #1,475 of 3,271
Can someone describe the technological differences between the 100 and 200?  Like the cable that I know is different, 100 copper and the 200 spc!  Are the drivers different, materials?  What is it that explains the difference?  And the cost difference?  Size?  Like to hear from those that have both......other than the sound, we know is similar, but with differences in the low end!

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #1,476 of 3,271
I believe the main difference between the two are the OFC cable covered with silver and the brass housing which is in the high mid driver housing and the sub housing on the FXZ200.

I suppose makes the sounds more rich more deep, more full for the FXZ200.  I think the FXZ100 probably uses aluminum or maybe even plastic for the housing as you can tell by just the weight difference between the two earphones.

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,477 of 3,271
Quote:
Can someone describe the technological differences between the 100 and 200?  Like the cable that I know is different, 100 copper and the 200 spc!  Are the drivers different, materials?  What is it that explains the difference?  And the cost difference?  Size?  Like to hear from those that have both......other than the sound, we know is similar, but with differences in the low end!

I think it's discussed earlier in the thread, but from what I recall the only differences are the cable and the housing materials (I think 100 = aluminum, 200 = brass?)

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #1,479 of 3,271
Quote:

I think it's discussed earlier in the thread, but from what I recall the only differences are the cable and the housing materials (I think 100 = aluminum, 200 = brass?)

The wire for the cable would only make a difference of a few dollars......so if the drivers are the same, that is a big price jump for the use of brass vs aluminum!

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #1,480 of 3,271
Not only the same size. They look exactly the same except for the brass ring around the sub driver for the FXZ200 and the aluminum ring for the FXZ100.

It is almost a $100 price jump from the FXZ100 but I bet JVC knew they had something special in the FXZ100s so why not charge a bit more for the premium version.. Plus I do feel the increase in fidelity is worthy of the price jump..

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #1,481 of 3,271
Quote:
I believe the main difference between the two are the OFC cable covered with silver and the brass housing which is in the high mid driver housing and the sub housing on the FXZ200.

I suppose makes the sounds more rich more deep, more full for the FXZ200.  I think the FXZ100 probably uses aluminum or maybe even plastic for the housing as you can tell by just the weight difference between the two earphones.

That is exactly the difference, Dsnuts>> 200 = brass housings and silver cable  ...... 100 = aluminum (not plastic) housings and copper cable ... Silver cables I know increases the bass significantly from my using with one of my custom IEMs. And brass affects the sound too from what I've read about it being using with other IEMs.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #1,482 of 3,271
Quote:

The wire for the cable would only make a difference of a few dollars......so if the drivers are the same, that is a big price jump for the use of brass vs aluminum!

The are the same size cute. You pay for the sound. But JVC has never presented the 200 as sounding better than the 100 (well, more technically capable, but not necessarily sounding better). I think sometimes it comes across in here that if you heard the 200 you could never really like the 100 on its own merits. I think that is inaccurate (just like the FXD70 offers something equally exciting but different than the FXD80).

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,483 of 3,271
Quote:
The are the same size cute. You pay for the sound. But JVC has never presented the 200 as sounding better than the 100 (well, more technically capable, but not necessarily sounding better). I think sometimes it comes across in here that if you heard the 200 you could never really like the 100 on its own merits. I think that is inaccurate (just like the FXD70 offers something equally exciting but different than the FXD80).

+1

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #1,484 of 3,271
Ya It would be very cool if we had shops like they do in Japan where you can sample these for yourself to see which one will fit your sound preference more.

It may sound like I much prefer the FXZ200 over the FXZ100 but truth be told I do enjoy both. I find myself reaching for either one and not favoring one too much over the other..They both have a different take on the FXZ sound and that is just more FXZ sound for me. Yes I am selfish like that.  DO I want the excellent sound of the FXZ100 or do I want to listen to the even more excellent sound of the FXZ200. It is a nice problem to have.

I am very happy I got both..Like Hef.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #1,485 of 3,271
I see this thread is still going strong. I have to admit that after enjoying the s500 so much I'm really starting to get interested in these.
Btw, according to my friend in Japan you can't actually audition all headphones in the stores there - mostly cans. Also, they don't allow you to use your source which kinda defeats the purpose coz you're forced to evaluate the sound only on the music played in the store's system which you've probably never heard before. The strange thing is that he said that the fxz100 and 200 weren't available in any store, which is kinda weird as he lives in Yokohama where the JVC's HQ is and one would think that they would have the stores in their own city stocked.
Anyway, how do the the fxz100 and 200 fare against the s500 in sound signature and presentation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back