JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #1,501 of 3,271
Quote:
Is this right out the box, or did you burn them in a bit? A lot of headphones and IEMs (especially Sony, I don't know about JVC) have painfully harsh treble until you burn them in for at least 20-30 minutes.

Out of the box, I just landed from a 5hr flight from my parents place in Sydney for xmas and NY, and FXZ100 was waiting for me on my desk at home, so no burn in whatsoever yet...

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #1,502 of 3,271
Quote:
My main concern with IEMs in general: do they have enough suction in your ear canals to maintain a good seal when you walk, run, or tug on the cable a bit? It's a major annoyance to have to push them in all the time. If they will stay in my ears without earhooks or other gimmicks, I just might need to open up my wallet...

I would say these are OK for walking or general commuting, but definitely not for running or exercise.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #1,503 of 3,271
Quote:
 The brass itself sholdn't affect the bass response.

Brass has a considerable difference in sound with musical instruments - it's roughly 3x as dense as aluminum and conducts energy to the environment about half as well.  Encasing a sub I imagine it provides better damping and energy transfer characteristics.

The excess material cost vs. retail cost is a typical marketing strategy... most things the further upmarket you go the marginal profit increases greatly (next configuration up in a compter, options in a car).  Sometimes it actually can be somewhat justified based on production volume, but it usually just is a marketing thing.  Sometimes the low end is adjusted a bit downward and the lost profit on that is subsidized by sales of the higher end versions.

That said, these things overall probably cost JVC no more than $20-30 to manufacture in materials/labor/energy.  The production cost differential between the 100 -> 200 might only be a few dollars if that.  If you amortize the full cost of the run, including R&D and expenditures for machinery, it's a multiple of that, but hard to gauge without having any insight on the # of units produced or how something like this is actually developed.  

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #1,504 of 3,271
Quote:

I just post them in the DBA700 thread just for you sir 
beerchug.gif

Now I need to pull this JVC out of my ear and get some sleep...

Thank you sir!

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #1,505 of 3,271
BAHHH!!!

I need these... the 200's... NOW!!!

Question for people who used tenso: I'd rather have them ship to my address at work, and keep my billing as my apt address... anyone know if that's OK? I'm ready to pull the trigger today.

I took a bit of a hiatus from head-fi, but these look too good. Especially after losing my FX700's months ago, its time to get back in the game! My EX1000's are great and all (and I'm still unsure of my IE80's being genuine) but I need those SUBS!

I checked out KuboTEN.com but didn't find these on the site

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #1,507 of 3,271
Why NOW??!!

I thought you of all people would understand :wink:

Four days in and i adore the 200's.

I find myself revisiting songs that i was never mad for.
Now they're full, lush and rich with detail.

Take Fleetwood Mac - The Chain.

The kick drum now thumps, before you would hear it, now you feel every thump and it sounds exactly as it should.

Same with vocals, the bass on these just adds so much to the music.

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #1,508 of 3,271
Quote:

yea, maybe i will end with both,  100 and 200.   just like i did with the fxd series, first i bought the 80's but because of ur "hype" over the 70's, i bought those too.  
Ended liking more the 70's 
biggrin.gif

i dont care for my wallet anymore, its just money. 
bigsmile_face.gif

That's right unleash the inner mochill in you!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Can't wait for your impressions, now let the "madness" truly begin. Haven't read a good old crazy ricky boi spazzing in a long while. haha

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,510 of 3,271
Quote:
That's right unleash the inner mochill in you!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Can't wait for your impressions, now let the "madness" truly begin. Haven't read a good old crazy ricky boi spazzing in a long while. haha

darthsmile.gif

rickdohc <-- trying to understand all of this "Tenso" shipping thing................

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,511 of 3,271
Quote:
I thought you of all people would understand
wink.gif

Four days in and i adore the 200's.
I find myself revisiting songs that i was never mad for.
Now they're full, lush and rich with detail.
Take Fleetwood Mac - The Chain.
The kick drum now thumps, before you would hear it, now you feel every thump and it sounds exactly as it should.
Same with vocals, the bass on these just adds so much to the music.

+1, I never imagined Fleetwood mac songs, sounded that good, until now....

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,513 of 3,271
Quote:
darthsmile.gif

rickdohc <-- trying to understand all of this "Tenso" shipping thing................

I am copy pasting what I wrote for several headfi members. This is what you gotta do.

After you register with Tenso Look up the Amazon Japan template.

Ya on your home page there is a template with how to put in the address.

The address they gave you is exactly the same info I got as well. When you try n check out of Amazon Japan. Everything is exactly the same as the US version. Exept what your putting in is that address.

There is real helpful template on How to enter your tenso address. Click on it and then click on the Amazon.Co.jp template

You should see numbers 1-7

1) your name in english
2) 120-0023 just like it says
3) Tokyo-ku drop down selection
4) Copy n paste on your amazon this line
5)TS148669
6) Copy n paste this exact on your Amazon like line 4
7)03-5739-3341 That is it. Simple as that. And once you hit order. You are done. they send your earphones to Tenso and once Tenso gets it. They charge you like 5 bux for the handling and then around $15 for shipping. That is that.

The TS number is your custommer number and you will be assigned a different TS number but minus that This numbered template is exactly what you put on for checking out your FXZ200 from Amazon Japan. And Amazon Japan has an english version so you don't have to go through that in japanese or anything like that.. Again much easier than you think.. You will also get your earphone if you live in the US customes free and quick shipping. Will take a week. Good luck and try this and save yourself some money. It works too well.

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,514 of 3,271
Thanks DS!!!

that should be on Page1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back