JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #1,531 of 3,271
Just got the 200s in yesterday and have been burning them in ever since, had one listen to them just through my Macbook Pro and wow I'm just amazed at the quality of these IEMs. I'm still going to continue burning them in by just take a listen of this for those who have the 100/200s. Gave me the chills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVjldqWx4w

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #1,532 of 3,271
Anybody using those with a Sony walkman Z? Still waiting for my pair  
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #1,533 of 3,271
Quote:
not sure if i'd buy that - the same kinds of considerations that apply to big speakers apply to little ones (iems).  Resonance is resonance - and little things vibrate too!  Especially when used as 'speaker enclosures', even if the drivers are little.  Just my 2 cents worth

I have to agree with fzman too on this one. Plus, the FXZ subwoofers are base on the Kelton subwoofer designs, which from what I've read are made to vibrate to get its rich deep bass in quality and quantity. I think you are underestimating the technology that went into these IEMs, my friend goodvibes, and you really need to hear one or both of them before speculating any further.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #1,535 of 3,271
Ordered the FXZ200 as my mate is in Japan atm. Have to wait until the 26th January till I get them. I'm not in a rush to get them as I have a lot on my plate atm, but it would be fantastic if I got them sooner, but then I have my lovely ASG 1.2 to tide me over till their arrival!
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,538 of 3,271
Quote:
I have to agree with fzman too on this one. Plus, the FXZ subwoofers are base on the Kelton subwoofer designs, which from what I've read are made to vibrate to get its rich deep bass in quality and quantity. I think you are underestimating the technology that went into these IEMs, my friend goodvibes, and you really need to hear one or both of them before speculating any further.

Not at all. None of what I wrote is anything against the IEM. I think the bandpass design is brilliant as executed and I know how a bandpass works. It's not by vibrating associated parts. It's an extremely well damped and naturally bandwidth limited design. None of my posts have been negative towards the product. I just don't care for magical descriptions. It's not a Revel Salon nor trombone in nature.
bigsmile_face.gif

They call it a Kelton which actually uses a passive radiator in place of the port. There's no passive radiator so it's actually a bandpass but they can call it whichever due to the commonality of design. The resistance of a passive radiator is replicated but the resistance created by the air mass in the port. They, in effect, serve identical functions so it becomes semantics. If you guys have a better understanding, I'm all ears.

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #1,541 of 3,271

Kung fu is always the answer.!

How about them marvelous FXZ iems.. No need for the evil eye. You guys are grown men. Lets focus on the sounds of these iems to let other guys know what they are like.. I am sure guys that read the thread here would appreciate that more so..

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #1,542 of 3,271
Somebody please inform me when I'm fighting? Somehow I seem to miss that i'm the middle of a fight. Thought people were giving their opinions and I was giving mine. Goodvibes I've always thought has been a very good and informative head-fi member. On the other hand (not directed at goodvibes) I can see how some people who have heard the FXZ100 or FXZ200 (or both) can get a bit annoyed at those who comment about the product(s) a lot and haven't heard it (as if they know all about it and its sound signature by reading frequency charts and even comments, including mine). I keep saying that you want really know about an IEM or headphone unless you figure out a way to hear it for yourself. Now, those who have heard these earphones seem to be pretty much in agreement on how fantastic each one is. I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase the FXZ200 tomorrow. Happy listening (and peace) people.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #1,543 of 3,271
Quote:
I keep saying that you want really know about an IEM or headphone unless you figure out a way to hear it for yourself. Now, those who have heard these earphones seem to be pretty much in agreement on how fantastic each one is. I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase the FXZ200 tomorrow. Happy listening (and peace) people.

Agreed.  

And I want to take a moment to apologize to head-fi members for participating in conversation that is of questionable value.  Very little aside from my own impressions is going to help a person make a buy/not buy decision (even then it's just one out of many).  To that I've said all I can say... until maybe the 200+ hour mark.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #1,544 of 3,271
First. I also never said anybody was fighting and never intended to but can't get on with some of these concepts. Second, I never commented on the sound or that it's good or bad. All my sonic comments have been about it's balance which is bass enhanced by most descriptions, which is neither good nor bad and that it's apparently very open sounding which is good. I am in fact anxious to hear a pair.

Good descriptions of how a product works is now trolling? Here's how I think it works and then I'm out of this thread for good. 2 main drivers are used because it's extremely difficult to make one completely linear. You can however probably make a couple balance each other out more easily while not over stressing either's range and at the same time not needing crossovers because your working with pressure waves so 2 sources properly positioned work and time as one. The woofer design, being band pass also doesn't need a crossover as it's self limiting to below about 100 hz. It does this sans exterior venting so even though there may be some extra bass or overlap it will be well controlled. 3 drivers, no crossover, very free and open sounding with relative flat and natural harmonics plus added weight. It's a really ingenious and logical design. Hats off to them and I've never said differently. I like the concept. I may have some concern about timing of the woofer but it's a very minor one as those that have heard it haven't noticed. None of that has anything to do with materials vibrating or a normal home speaker alignment. I don't understand what everybody has their panties in a bunch about if I give reasoned examples of why not. I also don't understand how trying to honestly understand it's operation is a negative. Like I said, I'm out. May the mystique continue. Too bad we can't just appreciate it for the interesting and unique design it is.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #1,545 of 3,271
I heard the 100's my 2 cents is that these are without a doubt basshead iem's. and not even audiophile/sophisticated basshead and certainly not 'totalhead' iem's but plain straight up basshead iem's/ They sound just like the fx90 graph suggests. So just a heads up to the few people who may be interested in these who may be reading some of these posts and claims and impressions that suggest they are anything but a basshead iem. And for the rest of the sound, what little of it can be heard over the rumble is of average quality to my ears. I just don't hear what's special or revolutionary in these at all and don't know if some members are being paid by jvc via salary, hourly or by post count but I blame myself for not looking at the FResponse prior to purchase....just one man's 2 cents/fwiw/ et all qualifiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back