JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #1,546 of 3,271
straight out of the box? because the bass was pretty out there out of the box.. now its pretty tame.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #1,547 of 3,271
I listened for a total of a 1:40 so take my impressions with a grain of salt. another qualifier I forgot. but that would be some magical burn in to transform these from basshead to audiophile but glad they mellowed to your ears. I'm also glad anyone is happy with them, just giving a little perspective from someone outside this little basshead community. i refuse to let you guys use the term audiophile to describe these
bigsmile_face.gif
/ graphs don't lie

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #1,548 of 3,271
Quote:
I listened for a total of a 1:40 so take my impressions with a grain of salt. another qualifier I forgot. but that would be some magical burn in to transform these from basshead to audiophile and I don't buy what you're sellin' but glad they mellowed to your ears. I'm also glad anyone is happy with them, just giving a little perspective from someone outside this little basshead community. i refuse to let you guys use the term audiophile to describe these/ graphs don't lie

=\ guess you havent been reading what owners have been saying.  but thats fine. i like them. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #1,549 of 3,271
Quote:

=\ guess you havent been reading what owners have been saying.  but thats fine. i like them. 

+1,  I have the 200's, and I am not a bass head, whatever that is.....Audiophile here!

OK, OK, just looked it up, a bass head is someone that can't get enough Dubstep, EDM, bass heavy type music..........that I have never heard, so that's not me, but I love the FXZ200, a unique sounding IEM! 

Yep, Audioophile here for sure!

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #1,550 of 3,271
Quote:
I heard the 100's my 2 cents is that these are without a doubt basshead iem's. and not even audiophile/sophisticated basshead and certainly not 'totalhead' iem's but plain straight up basshead iem's/ They sound just like the fx90 graph suggests. So just a heads up to the few people who may be interested in these who may be reading some of these posts and claims and impressions that suggest they are anything but a basshead iem. And for the rest of the sound, what little of it can be heard over the rumble is of average quality to my ears. I just don't hear what's special or revolutionary in these at all and don't know if some members are being paid by jvc via salary, hourly or by post count but I blame myself for not looking at the FResponse prior to purchase....just one man's 2 cents/fwiw/ et all qualifiers

LOL

It was only just a matter of time. Okay, back to enjoying the FXZ100.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,552 of 3,271
Well I apologize to lostmidrange here for suggesting these in the first place. I thought because you enjoyed the MP8320 so much I would just catch you up to speed with some new innovation in these iems but I forgot about personal preference here. What surprises me frankly is how you can judge these so quickly.

Now if you consider these non audiophile and are in fact basshead iems. What would you suggest that would be audiophile iems? I would love to hear me some audiophile iems.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #1,553 of 3,271
Quote:
Can someone point me to the FR graph.

You can catch it in [size=9pt]lostmidrange[/size] profile.......funny thing the graph looks like my REW FR graph from my 2.1 system with two subwoofers, after the subwoofers were tuned/EQ'd to fit room resonances with bass traps, seating, optimum speaker positioning, etc, with my Antimode 8033.  No wonder I like the FXZ200, they sound very close to my $15.000 2.1 full size system!

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #1,554 of 3,271
Quote:

You can catch it in [size=9pt]lostmidrange[/size] profile.......funny thing the graph looks like my REW FR graph from my 2.1 system with two subwoofers, after the subwoofers were tuned/EQ'd to fit room resonances with bass traps, seating, optimum speaker positioning, etc, with my Antimode 8033.  No wonder I like the FXZ200, they sound very close to my $15.000 2.1 full size system!

No comment but just to be clear, that's a HA-FXT90 graph. http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/JVCHAFXT90.pdf

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #1,556 of 3,271
Quote:
These sound absolutely nothing like the FXT90 though.

I agree, Dsnuts. Nothing like the FXT90 at all. The 100 doesn't even remind me of even aspects of the FXT90 (or any other JVC earphone, although some odd combination of the FXDs might push you in the sound direction of the FXZ, but that's even minute to my ears).

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #1,557 of 3,271
I believe that but apparently the FXT90 is just like a $15k 2.1 system with 2 woofers and EQ'd to the room. That's a 2.2 system by the way. An example of what I was getting at earlier about hyperbole in this thread.   

I can't help it. LOL

I'm in line for a listen and I expect to enjoy them.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #1,558 of 3,271
I have a theory on all you guys that are in line for a listen.. Eke..Flysweep..goodvibes..

You guys listen to them FXZ100 with your best tracks using your best source.. I am gonna predict a purchase from all 3 of you guys and whomever else these are making their way to. Happy listening fellas. And please listen to them for more than 1.4 hours. Lol.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #1,559 of 3,271
Quote:
I believe that but apparently the FXT90 is just like a $15k 2.1 system with 2 woofers and EQ'd to the room. That's a 2.2 system by the way. An example of what I was getting at earlier about hyperbole in this thread.   

I can't help it. LOL

I'm in line for a listen and I expect to enjoy them.
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #1,560 of 3,271

Users who are viewing this thread

Back