JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #1,576 of 3,271
Quote:
The damn customs got my FXZ200 for 2 days and not a word yet. Starting to get impacient :s

I'm afraid you should start preparing your wallet, as it seems you're about to be notified to pay taxes, custom duties and fees over them. BTW, do you klnow which carrier did Tenso use to ship them to you?

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #1,577 of 3,271
Quote:

I'm afraid you should start preparing your wallet, as it seems you're about to be notified to pay taxes, custom duties and fees over them. BTW, do you klnow which carrier did Tenso use to ship them to you?

Yes, I know, it should be about 60€. I'm ready to pay, just would like to be asked to do so ASAP. I have no idea about the carier, I just know it was EMS.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #1,578 of 3,271
Got my fxz200 for $220 inc shipping. Listening to explorations of time and space from my cowon z2. Initial Impressions-- These are good, worth the price.
Soundstage is not as wide as EX1000 which is my fav iem. Bass quantity is ok for me and quality competes with ex1000 directly.
Will let them burn in for a while and will report my final impressions later.

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #1,582 of 3,271
Quote:
I listened for a total of a 1:40 so take my impressions with a grain of salt. another qualifier I forgot. but that would be some magical burn in to transform these from basshead to audiophile but glad they mellowed to your ears. I'm also glad anyone is happy with them, just giving a little perspective from someone outside this little basshead community. i refuse to let you guys use the term audiophile to describe these
bigsmile_face.gif
/ graphs don't lie

it must be paining you to offer for sale such inferior merchandise on the for sale forum, especially at a price that looks like it might be more than you paid for them!

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #1,584 of 3,271
Quote:

How long until you change your username to fxzman? Or is that reserved for Dsnuts?

not until they discover that Frank Zappa's middle name was Xavier!   _Clever comment - wish i'd thought of that first~

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,585 of 3,271
Well sometime next week I'll be officially in! I hit the pay button on the FXZ200 (finally). You know I don't like any of you beating me on the JVCs since that is my favorite "big company" house sound (go back to ATH Dsnuts!! 
very_evil_smiley.gif
) .... lol

So yes, I will be a full basshead, audiophile-basshead, totalhead, I-don't-know-what-the-hell-head, musichead, nohead, or whatever-you-like-to-label-me-head... lol All I know is if the FXZ200 really sounds better than the FXZ100, I will be a in-heavenlyaudiobliss-head! To be honest, I don't really expect the FXZ200 to sound way better than the FXZ100, but I expect it to sound different. That will be enough for me. And if it sounds way better than that will just be icing on the cake! Happy listening, head-fiheads!

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,586 of 3,271
Okay, looking around, Who called me Mr. Potatohead!? 
mad.gif
 Fess up! 

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #1,589 of 3,271
Quote:
Well sometime next week I'll be officially in! I hit the pay button on the FXZ200 (finally). You know I don't like any of you beating me on the JVCs since that is my favorite "big company" house sound (go back to ATH Dsnuts!! 
very_evil_smiley.gif
) .... lol

So yes, I will be a full basshead, audiophile-basshead, totalhead, I-don't-know-what-the-hell-head, musichead, nohead, or whatever-you-like-to-label-me-head... lol All I know is if the FXZ200 really sounds better than the FXZ100, I will be a in-heavenlyaudiobliss-head! To be honest, I don't really expect the FXZ200 to sound way better than the FXZ100, but I expect it to sound different. That will be enough for me. And if it sounds way better than that will just be icing on the cake! Happy listening, head-fiheads!

too much coffee this morning ericp10? 
etysmile.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #1,590 of 3,271
I have about 80-100 hours on my FXZ-100 now.

There must be some sort of mental burn-in as well as physical burn-in within drivers,
but the bass is gradually toning down and settling into rest of the frequencies now. 

Sounds very cohesive and all music becoming more and more immersive. 

Very tempted to press a buy button for FXZ-200 as well.. maybe I will wait for ericp10's opinion before going all out crazy.

I should start buying JVC/kenwood stocks as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back