JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #1,456 of 3,271
I use them hanging down at my work. I use them over ears when I am walking around. Works great both ways..Ya don't buy one Wayne. It will make you shelve all your previous stuff. You don't want to do that.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #1,457 of 3,271
these IEMs have got me spending way too much on a new DAP.  to me, the clip just doesnt do it. I even tried the clip with my O2.  it sounds good but lacks the impact bass like i get out of the lyr.  Too bad the floor noise is way too loud on the lyr.  now i gotta spend big bucks to make my 200s happy.  im done after that.

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #1,458 of 3,271
Quote:
these IEMs have got me spending way too much on a new DAP.  to me, the clip just doesnt do it. I even tried the clip with my O2.  it sounds good but lacks the impact bass like i get out of the lyr.  Too bad the floor noise is way too loud on the lyr.  now i gotta spend big bucks to make my 200s happy.  im done after that.

That's what I'm worried about. Hopefully the fxz200 would work well with my "laptop + ele dac + e11" and my "sgs2/clipzip + e11" configurations.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #1,460 of 3,271
As does the E17.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #1,461 of 3,271
Quote:

Congrats rick! Looking very much forward to your contribution to the hype train lol!

I'm sure I'll be getting them one of these days. For the time being, I'm happy getting re-aquainted with my very comfy and awesome sounding hm5 padded s500's (and I get to look forward to the ele dac if it ever gets here too). And my xba3's and tdk mt300's continue to put smiles on my face. So I'm content for the time being (although reading this thread challenges that lol!). One thing that gives me pause for thought is that I am reading that the fxz200's seem to need a lot to drive them. That wouldn't be the end of the world since I just got the e11 and could use that, but it would be nice if they could be powered sufficiently straight from the sgs2 and clip zip. Also, I want to be sure that they sound and fit well hanging down (ie not over the ears). I have seen posts stating that it they work fine hanging down, but I'm gonna keep on the lookout for more impressions. But I'm sure that resistance will once again be useless :)

I use them hanging down and it works great. Walking to work I haven't readjusted them once (I use the cable clip) and microphonics are close to 0. I think the weight of the "sub" is what's keeping them put even with a shallow insertion.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #1,462 of 3,271
My clip+ doesn't do justic to these beatufil creation from them wizzards at jvc......so maybe next week I'll be ordering a new dap which will be realesed from hisound audio called the n3 it comes with 3 set of earphone and one of them cost $130 by itself. Can't wait for a great combo for them beauty....after that I'll be getting the ultimate dap. In a year .

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #1,463 of 3,271
Quote:
I use them hanging down and it works great. Walking to work I haven't readjusted them once (I use the cable clip) and microphonics are close to 0. I think the weight of the "sub" is what's keeping them put even with a shallow insertion.

Quote:
E11 has plenty of juice for the FXZs. I can confirm this.

Oh oh... running out of objections lol! Thanks guys.

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #1,464 of 3,271
Quote:
My clip+ doesn't do justic to these beatufil creation from them wizzards at jvc......so maybe next week I'll be ordering a new dap which will be realesed from hisound audio called the n3 it comes with 3 set of earphone and one of them cost $130 by itself. Can't wait for a great combo for them beauty....after that I'll be getting the ultimate dap. In a year .

man.. mochil.. i thought Doc was Rich.. but you own all the money of the world
beerchug.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #1,466 of 3,271
@SWF   no.. i didnt banned my self,  i just have fun reading for the moment.   These 200's are what i want.
tongue_smile.gif

@Wayne.  98 pages, more hype????
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #1,467 of 3,271
Quote:
@SWF   no.. i didnt banned my self,  i just have fun reading for the moment.   These 200's are what i want.
tongue_smile.gif

@Wayne.  98 pages, more hype????
biggrin.gif

The hype train never really gets fully up to speed until you climb on board!

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,469 of 3,271
Wow, the hype train really has gone full speed here. I usually lurk around these forums, but this thread is becoming too convincing. Subscribed!

My 3-year old IE7 has a faulty cable and can't be fixed. As my birthday is coming up in 2 months, I may have to treat myself with a pair of these... *sigh*, this is why I try to stay away from these discussions!

I've (tried) reading the entire thread but inevitably missed something. Is anyone able to compare these to the IE7 and the re0? I like how detailed, warm and lush the IE7 is. Furthermore, I really like the smooth mids. The re0 in comparison sounds too congested to me and in my opinion either lacks clear layering or speed to keep up with complex pieces. I'm hoping both the 100's and 200's are much more like the IE7's, but vastly better. Any direct comparison would be much appreciated. And for those who have them: enjoy, by the looks of it they seem to be an exceptional find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back