JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #2,116 of 3,271
Quote:
I see one person says one thing negative or positive, and the ones who haven't heard these yet run either way (back and forth). Remember two things though:

- ALL earphones have flaws. I have yet to hear anything that's perfect (some come close enough to being perfect for me, but none are).

- If something about the FXZ200/100 bothers you, it doesn't these are bad earphones. It could simply mean these are not your preferred sound signature. I had to learn that about me and the TF10 and DBA02. 

Yep, totally agree with this.

Even when something is hyped up as big as this, people should still approach with caution and read closely about the sound signature that others have described, then decide if you want to buy or not.

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,117 of 3,271
Quote:

Yep, totally agree with this.

Even when something is hyped up as big as this, people should still approach with caution and read closely about the sound signature that others have described, then decide if you want to buy or not.

Agreed, except for when it comes to the S500 - you are not allowed not to love it. Having said that, there currently is a dissenter in the S500 ranks. But we can't have that and we're working on him. We'll bring him around I'm sure lol
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #2,120 of 3,271
I'm pretty sure what people mean by over the ear is practically turning them upside down (not reversing the channels) and then routing the cable over the ears. That way the body of each piece actually rests somewhat parallel to the ear (due to the angled design) instead of jutting perpendicularly out. The blue and red L and R markers end up facing outwards (and upside down).

Thank you for the information. That's seem better than changing the channel side.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #2,121 of 3,271
Quote:

Agreed, except for when it comes to the S500 - you are not allowed not to love it. Having said that, there currently is a dissenter in the S500 ranks. But we can't have that and we're working on him. We'll bring him around I'm sure lol
wink.gif

Who's bad talking about my godly S500s, who? where?!!! Cuz we'll eat them up like this:

Heretics will be burned at the stake!!!

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #2,122 of 3,271
I've been up all night comparing the 100 to the 200. These two are interesting because on the surface it seems like the sound isn't any different from the other one. Yet when you really listen there are clear differences. I don't know if I would call it a bigger soundstage, but the 100 actually puts the listener farther away from the stage. And vocals seem more forward in the 100, but this might be because the mids are more balanced. That powerful bass is there, but it blends in better with the mids with the 200, as compared with a better blend of the mids and treble with the 100. 

The 200 is raw power! The kick drum and bass sound big and deep. Vocals are forward, but must bow a tiny bit to the bass and drums. And what's interesting, when I use a copper cable on my custom V6 the soundstage is massively wide. when I use my silver cable, however, the soundstage is not as wide, but those details are even more focused and pristine. Well, the same can be said about the copper wire in the 100 vs. the silver on the 200 (what you lose in soundstage you pic up in detail.

Of course, as stated before, the more balanced sound is in the 100. Which one I do I love better? Tough, because like the TDK BA200 vs. IE800, I hear qualities in both that the other one seems to miss. I have my 100s up  for sale (but if it's not bought I'm cool), so I think it is safe to assume I prefer the 200, but I'm loving the more balanced sound of the 100 too. It's really tough, as I will miss the 100, but I think the 200 is my favorite. But one can't really say one is better than the other one because both have something unique from the other one. I do think the treble is a bit more forward in the 100. If I don't sell the 100, then I'll just see it as my great 200 backup plan. (typing sleepy, so forgive me)

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,123 of 3,271
Oh, I've settled on the UE900 silicon tips as my favorite on both the 100 and 200.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #2,124 of 3,271
Speaking of tips. Someone mentioned a place to get custom molded tips for universal IEMs?

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #2,126 of 3,271
Quote:
I've been up all night comparing the 100 to the 200. These two are interesting because on the surface it seems like the sound isn't any different from the other one. Yet when you really listen there are clear differences. I don't know if I would call it a bigger soundstage, but the 100 actually puts the listener farther away from the stage. And vocals seem more forward in the 100, but this might be because the mids are more balanced. That powerful bass is there, but it blends in better with the mids with the 200, as compared with a better blend of the mids and treble with the 100. 

The 200 is raw power! The kick drum and bass sound big and deep. Vocals are forward, but must bow a tiny bit to the bass and drums. And what's interesting, when I use a copper cable on my custom V6 the soundstage is massively wide. when I use my silver cable, however, the soundstage is not as wide, but those details are even more focused and pristine. Well, the same can be said about the copper wire in the 100 vs. the silver on the 200 (what you lose in soundstage you pic up in detail.

Of course, as stated before, the more balanced sound is in the 100. Which one I do I love better? Tough, because like the TDK BA200 vs. IE800, I hear qualities in both that the other one seems to miss. I have my 100s up  for sale (but if it's not bought I'm cool), so I think it is safe to assume I prefer the 200, but I'm loving the more balanced sound of the 100 too. It's really tough, as I will miss the 100, but I think the 200 is my favorite. But one can't really say one is better than the other one because both have something unique from the other one. I do think the treble is a bit more forward in the 100. If I don't sell the 100, then I'll just see it as my great 200 backup plan. (typing sleepy, so forgive me)

Yes I was going to pull the trigger on the 200 too, but then again I decided to have one more read through of everyone's impressions, and decided not to get the 200 simply because I love the 100 because of its balanced sound (with a fully sick subwoofer), and I have concluded based on the reading, that 200's main signature is more powerful bass and slightly laid back treble - rather than spending the $200 on something that I might not like/enjoy, I decided to spend that $200 from Amazon.jp on TDK IE800 and MA600 instead 
etysmile.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #2,127 of 3,271
Agreed, except for when it comes to the S500 - you are not allowed not to love it. Having said that, there currently is a dissenter in the S500 ranks. But we can't have that and we're working on him. We'll bring him around I'm sure lol :wink:

We can't be having that!

Let's all gang up on him, tie him up and make him listen non stop to the s500 for a whole month. Or at least until he loves the sound.

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #2,128 of 3,271
Quote:
We can't be having that!

Let's all gang up on him, tie him up and make him listen non stop to the s500 for a whole month. Or at least until he loves the sound.

We'll make him listen for a year if that's what it takes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back