JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #2,101 of 3,271
Quote:
Am i the only one here having problems with the vocals on the fxz200? Somehow i hate how the vocals sound on this earphones, everything else is perfect. For example when im listening to Adele songs, her vocals would be too deep into my head that it feels like it sounded mono to me? It feels like someone is singing into my head instead of on my ears. 

Nope. I have issues with female vocals on the 200's too. Same issue as you and then also harsh overtone also. Fatiguing after awhile. Probably due to the forward midrange. I had to EQ the mids down a bit but not a complete cure.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #2,102 of 3,271
I love vocals in these. It's just the treble that doesn't sound natural to me. Something to do with the decay... But I'll wait till the 200 hours.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #2,104 of 3,271
Funny you guys mention the bass, as mine have recently come back with a vengeance.

Anyway I'm stuck in a hotel, though it's not all bad I have the 200's here.

Anyway heard this today and thought this will sound amazing, and sure enough i love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsy7kJyizoc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #2,105 of 3,271
I see one person says one thing negative or positive, and the ones who haven't heard these yet run either way (back and forth). Remember two things though:

- ALL earphones have flaws. I have yet to hear anything that's perfect (some come close enough to being perfect for me, but none are).

- If something about the FXZ200/100 bothers you, it doesn't these are bad earphones. It could simply mean these are not your preferred sound signature. I had to learn that about me and the TF10 and DBA02. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #2,106 of 3,271
A couple negatives that may it may not be a problem depending on a persons needs:

1. These are only average for isolation. Meaning they good in the office but not so good on busy streets.
  2. The quality of the jack is average at best and the cable itself is prone to cold more than other IEM's I have owned and is also more microphonic than many IEM's I have owned.
  3. The tips selection is very poor for the price, for this not in this as a hobby this could be problematic.
  4. The size if the IEM and how much stick out of the ear may be a serious issue for some.
This doesn't mean everyone should avoid these IEM's as I love the FXZ100 signature when I am in the right environment. I just want to point out some challenges I have been having in regards to have these be my jack of all trades IEM.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #2,107 of 3,271
Quote:
A couple negatives that may it may not be a problem depending on a persons needs:
  • These are only average for isolation. Meaning they good in the office but not so good on busy streets.
  • The quality of the jack is average at best and the cable itself is prone to cold more than other IEM's I have owned and is also more microphonic than many IEM's I have owned.
  • The tips selection is very poor for the price, for this not in this as a hobby this could be problematic.
  • The size if the IEM and how much stick out of the ear may be a serious issue for some.
This doesn't mean everyone should avoid these IEM's as I love the FXZ100 signature when I am in the right environment. I just want to point out some challenges I have been having in regards to have these be my jack of all trades IEM.

I agree with Mr. dweaver on everything here.  But all these flaws are worth the sound.  I cannot see myself spending any more than these on an IEM again. I may buy some cheapies DS points out to fiddle with but main IEM? found and done. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #2,108 of 3,271
Quote:
  • These are only average for isolation. Meaning they good in the office but not so good on busy streets.
  • The quality of the jack is average at best and the cable itself is prone to cold more than other IEM's I have owned and is also more microphonic than many IEM's I have owned.
  • The tips selection is very poor for the price, for this not in this as a hobby this could be problematic.
  • The size if the IEM and how much stick out of the ear may be a serious issue for some.

1.- I use them in the busy streets of Madrid and over the ear they isolate quite well. 

2.- Over the ear I don't find them specially microphonic. I agree with you that cable and jack don't look all that strong or well made. 

3.- Yes. 

4.- If over the era is a no no, then they look as if you Thor's hammers sticking out of your ears. Weird. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2,109 of 3,271
I prefer over ear but don't like reversing the channels so I was doing a sort of double loop and didn't like it. But I tried what was just suggested in regards to sort of wearing them backwards (in the correct ear but I now have the R L facing outwards and wow they are way more comfortable and it's reduced the thumping noise significantly!

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2,110 of 3,271
I'm expecting the FXZ100 in a few days and was wondering how to wear them over the ear? I know the previous post mentioned to reverse the side meaning left side in right ear and right side in left ear. Is that the way people refer to over the ear? If someone can post a picture it would be great

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #2,111 of 3,271
Quote:
I'm expecting the FXZ100 in a few days and was wondering how to wear them over the ear? I know the previous post mentioned to reverse the side meaning left side in right ear and right side in left ear. Is that the way people refer to over the ear? If someone can post a picture it would be great

I'm pretty sure what people mean by over the ear is practically turning them upside down (not reversing the channels) and then routing the cable over the ears. That way the body of each piece actually rests somewhat parallel to the ear (due to the angled design) instead of jutting perpendicularly out. The blue and red L and R markers end up facing outwards (and upside down).

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #2,112 of 3,271
Quote:

I'm pretty sure what people mean by over the ear is practically turning them upside down (not reversing the channels) and then routing the cable over the ears. That way the body of each piece actually rests somewhat parallel to the ear (due to the angled design) instead of jutting perpendicularly out. The blue and red L and R markers end up facing outwards (and upside down).

Yes, that's how I wear them. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #2,113 of 3,271
Yup what Peter said :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #2,115 of 3,271
Quote:
Weird, I don't need to use them over the ear and the UM3X grey silicone tips isolate pretty well. I can't hear a thing in the street.

The UM3X have the same bass quantity and better treble. If thats treble that you seek, I would stay with the UM3X. But of course, it's not in the same price range.

Still, the FXZ200 are a state-of-the-art IEM in its category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back