JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 15, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #2,131 of 3,271
Quote:

3 days, 5 days, whats the difference?
wink.gif

Hope you sell them pretty fast dude. Good luck.

Well, actually after 150 hours, they're detail-monsters with thunderous bass (XB500 levels minus ear vibration), it's just the treble that sounds unnatural. Yet... I'll be giving them 50+ hours for the final veredict. No rush in selling them. Or if I sell them today, I'll can just post them within the next 2 days till burn-in is fully completed. This also saves the buyer alot of time and effort.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #2,137 of 3,271
Quote:

Yes I was going to pull the trigger on the 200 too, but then again I decided to have one more read through of everyone's impressions, and decided not to get the 200 simply because I love the 100 because of its balanced sound (with a fully sick subwoofer), and I have concluded based on the reading, that 200's main signature is more powerful bass and slightly laid back treble - rather than spending the $200 on something that I might not like/enjoy, I decided to spend that $200 from Amazon.jp on TDK IE800 and MA600 instead 
etysmile.gif

Well, I can't say you're went wrong there. After the JVC FXZ series, I would have to say that the IE800, BA200 and W4 are tied as my second favorite group of universal IEMs. I have high expectation for the TDK MA600 (which should be shipped from Japan along with my ATH-CKN50 later on this afternoon). So it's better to know your sound signature than to get caught up in various hype, I agree. As for me, I'm just fortunate enough (or cursed depending on how you look at it ... lol) to enjoy various sound signatures, although the JVC house sound is a favorite of mine. TDK is not too far behind - right now - on favorite house sound of an earphone company.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #2,139 of 3,271
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Wearing them over the ear gives twice as much treble than the other way. They insert much deeper into your ears, almost close to the tympan. I'm hearing things I've never heard before from the EX082. How is this possible???

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #2,140 of 3,271
Quote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Wearing them over the ear gives twice as much treble than the other way. They insert much deeper into your ears, almost close to the tympan. I'm hearing things I've never heard before from the EX082. How is this possible???

I think burn-in is done?! WOW!!! Just 2 hours!! Thanks guys!!!

I love the separation, the mids, the treble and DAT BASS!!! I'm a basshead. These sound like 2.1 speakers.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #2,141 of 3,271
Quote:

Agreed, except for when it comes to the S500 - you are not allowed not to love it. Having said that, there currently is a dissenter in the S500 ranks. But we can't have that and we're working on him. We'll bring him around I'm sure lol
wink.gif

Aaaaand how do the S500 compare to the FXZ100/200? Is the 200 5x better, at 5x the price ($250 vs. $50)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back