JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
May 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #1,546 of 2,211
Quote:
He got them for $50 CAD + tax, which shouldn't come out to more than $60.

I got mine from the deal from a fellow head-fi'er for $64 shipped to me in the Deep South of the US. $21 less than what he wants. 

You are wrong my friend. Please consider tax and shipping on my part. And then shipping to the buyer which I included in that first price. 

If you really got those for that price they were probably tested once and if they were new I am quiet sure the seller took a loss.

May 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #1,547 of 2,211
Unless you are charging for gas, store pickup is free. I got mine by splitting the $99 CAD cost with a friend. $49.50 + tax = ~$55. Standard airmail is less than $15. Express is $21. Either way, you're getting a small profit. Not busting your balls or anything, but don't make it seem like you're giving them a selfless deal. Your $85 price doesn't even include shipping to the US.

May 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #1,548 of 2,211
I shipped out two today for others and have one more left. it looks like for most states it will cost ~$70 shipped (no tracking). I'm not charging profit, if anyone wants the last pair, pm me otherwise these will be returned.

May 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,549 of 2,211
Unless you are charging for gas, store pickup is free. I got mine by splitting the $99 CAD cost with a friend. $49.50 + tax = ~$55. Standard airmail is less than $15. Express is $21. Either way, you're getting a small profit. Not busting your balls or anything, but don't make it seem like you're giving them a selfless deal. Your $85 price doesn't even include shipping to the US.

Depends where you bought your fxt90's from. If you bought them from the east coast then yes Shipping will be less expensive. But if you ship from western Canda to southern US it's expensive.

May 23, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #1,550 of 2,211
For clarification, Eke managed to get his from me and I happen to live in the only province with no sales tax just 5% GST as compared to 12-15% HST in most other locations which also gets levied on shipping etc, so $70 is not out of line and even $85 may be not out of line if the Canadian purchase was in the worst provinces (most in the Maritimes) coupled with shipping from one coast to the other. Also there can be incidental costs like outer shipping cartons which happen to cost $2-5 as well.

May 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #1,551 of 2,211
Quote:
For clarification, Eke managed to get his from me and I happen to live in the only province with no sales tax just 5% GST as compared to 12-15% HST in most other locations which also gets levied on shipping etc, so $70 is not out of line and even $85 may be not out of line if the Canadian purchase was in the worst provinces (most in the Maritimes) coupled with shipping from one coast to the other. Also there can be incidental costs like outer shipping cartons which happen to cost $2-5 as well.

I stand corrected.

May 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #1,552 of 2,211

Thank you for the explanation.

May 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #1,556 of 2,211
Lucky guys the lot of yous! 
ph34r.gif

May 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #1,557 of 2,211
Hey guys, I have Miles Davis Tributes. I love the sound sig of them, but the build quality/weight/flashiness are not for me.

I am considering getting these FXT90s. I was wondering if these sound similar to Miles Davis Tribs. I love the lush, intimate feel of MDTs, with powerful bass and lush mids they're great for me because I listen to Jazz, Vocal Jazz, Hiphop, RNB, classical, acoustic rock. Lots of instrumental stuff that does really well with that type of IEM.

So anyway, let me know what you think of these in comparison to MDTs if you have experience with both.

May 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #1,558 of 2,211
Quote:
Hey guys, I have Miles Davis Tributes. I love the sound sig of them, but the build quality/weight/flashiness are not for me.
I am considering getting these FXT90s. I was wondering if these sound similar to Miles Davis Tribs. I love the lush, intimate feel of MDTs, with powerful bass and lush mids they're great for me because I listen to Jazz, Vocal Jazz, Hiphop, RNB, classical, acoustic rock. Lots of instrumental stuff that does really well with that type of IEM.
So anyway, let me know what you think of these in comparison to MDTs if you have experience with both.

Hopefully, I'll get my FXT90's this week and I'll be able to A/B them against the Tributes. I heard the ckm-500 has a fairly lush feeling to it according to dsnuts. 

May 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #1,559 of 2,211
I eagerly await your review!! Finally... it seems like no one owns MDTs, so it's hard to find comparisons with any other IEMs... I'm just looking for something that sounds like the MDTs powerful bass and lush mids and intimacy, without all the cruddy build quality issues and flashiness.

May 28, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #1,560 of 2,211
Quote:
I eagerly await your review!! Finally... it seems like no one owns MDTs, so it's hard to find comparisons with any other IEMs... I'm just looking for something that sounds like the MDTs powerful bass and lush mids and intimacy, without all the cruddy build quality issues and flashiness.

The FXT90 has similar sound qualities to the MDT. The FXT90 is pretty forward, but slightly laid back in comparison to the MDT, due to the larger soundstage. I don't own the MDT, but I know quite a bit about sound quality and I'm going based on numerous reviews that I have gathered for quite sometime. The Bass of the FXT90 is Strong, but not at basshead level. It can be bass heavy when the song is needed for heavy bass. The Midrange of the FXT90 is clear and thick, so the vocals sound very full, but the amount of clarity for the mids are very good for its' price range. The treble is certainly heavier than the less extensive MDT, but not so much to the point that the FXT90 is sibilant. The plenty of sparkle and energy for the treble and the detail level is impressive for <$150. The Soundstage is good in width, but the depth surpasses the A151 and GR06. The Instrument Separation is excellent  and every instrument can be picked out nicely. Definitely worthy to be called "Victor". So, in general, the FXT90 works well with all genres you can possibly think of. The FXT90 is certainly not flashy (unless if you get the Limited Gold Champagne Edition). The Comfort is very good and it's even more comfortable than the A151 and on par with the GR06. The Isolation is in-between the A151 and GR06. The Build Quality is awesome because I tested it out and the Strain Reliefs are very rugged. The build quality surpasses the A151 and GR06 slightly. That is all I know for that product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back