JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
May 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #1,501 of 2,211
this make me mad, im far across the globe
frown.gif

May 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #1,502 of 2,211
Well that price pretty darn sweet. So I have decided to try these again and am sending the other pair to another HF member. If I still dislike them, then I will just recover costs and give someone else a chance to get these for a goo price.

May 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #1,503 of 2,211
Quote:
Just FYI! JVC HA-FXT90 is onsale at futureshop.ca (CAD$99 for 2 sets - buy one get one free)

Amazing value! I enjoy my unit (from Japan)  Just want to share this news! Hope I did not break any head-fi forum rules. (please let me know if I do and will remove this message)

PM me if any Canadian Head-fi'er wants to split the cost of these. Of course, I'll cover postage to the states of the extra set.
thanks.

May 18, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #1,507 of 2,211
Ok, my first pair of these a couple months ago was defective, because this pair sounds NOTHING like the other pair. Straight out of the box these are a bit edgy but not harsh and the sound stage sounds quite a bit different in a better sort of way.

The good news is I have saved a whack of money this way :) I have to say thanks to my fellow US head-Fi member who contacted me or I would have glossed over this deal and missed it.

May 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #1,508 of 2,211
Ok, my first pair of these a couple months ago was defective, because this pair sounds NOTHING like the other pair. Straight out of the box these are a bit edgy but not harsh and the sound stage sounds quite a bit different in a better sort of way.
The good news is I have saved a whack of money this way :) I have to say thanks to my fellow US head-Fi member who contacted me or I would have glossed over this deal and missed it.

I'm glad you're able to find enjoyment out these! But now I'm wondering if my pair is as good as theyre supposed to be, though I'm enjoying mine, hah. One always wonders...

May 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #1,509 of 2,211
Quote:
I'm glad you're able to find enjoyment out these! But now I'm wondering if my pair is as good as theyre supposed to be, though I'm enjoying mine, hah. One always wonders...

I'm the same way. I'm so paranoid/anxious about all my stuff all the time. 

May 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #1,510 of 2,211
Okay so I've been listening to this for the last 45 minutes straight out of the box.

Listening to dubstep/bass heavy songs I keep wanting to switch back to my shure SE215 because i like the bass on them more and find it to be more of an 'experience' than just 'listening' to music.

Listening to pearl jam/ soft rock/ more vocal based songs, I like the JVC equally as much as the shure. I might like them even more after the burn-in. Right now because I'm switching from shure, they sound a little bit harsh on the highs. Too bright, I had the same experience when I first put on my grado sr225i after using my shure se215.

80% of my listening is on the Shures just fyi.

May 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #1,512 of 2,211
Lucky me, not only did I get the FXT90, but I also picked up a small tube amp to try out. I was worried it might be to much for the FXT90 but they handle it well. I am not sure I would listen to them with this amp all the time as it makes the bass a bit too heavy but I do like what's doing to the treble as it makes the decay on cymbals a bit longer and it's adding more detail. I will have to see how it handles different genres. I think it may be helping the sound stage as well.

May 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #1,513 of 2,211
Quote:
Quote:
The good news is I have saved a whack of money this way
smily_headphones1.gif
I have to say thanks to my fellow US head-Fi member who contacted me or I would have glossed over this deal and missed it.

Now both of you guys are starting to make me question mine. >_>

May 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #1,514 of 2,211
I am not sure if I can help with fears or make them worse but I will try.

When I recieved my first pair of FXT90 I noticed right away that cymbals just sounded harsh and very truncated and I often found myself removing the IEM because the harshness was so severe it actually hurt. I had a friend try them and he literally ripped them from his ears and handed them back to me exclaiming he didn't think they were the right IEM for him. The bass also had a boomy/shouty quality that was just offensive and the mids were very sucked out. In short they sounded like complete crap! I had much cheaper equipment that put those headphones to shame.

This pair on the other hand has bass that is more balanced, the mids are neutralish but slightly on the warm side and a smidge forward (compared to my 7550), and the treble is actually crisp but neutral to the point of almost being polite while still maintaining pretty good shimmer and detail. The sound stage also feels more accurate and in general the headphone feels much more organic.

May 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #1,515 of 2,211
Quote:
Anyone help me out buying a pair ?

Hey I tried to reply to you PM but I'm not sure if it went through. Your profile says you are in india, so I'm hesitant in shipping to you. I have no idea how much shipping will cost. So please before sending me money can you tell me where you are? email me at fatestkid@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back