JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Apr 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,456 of 2,211

Quote:
Hi, Requesting a picture of a FXT90 without the tips covering... I want to see the filter... I bought mine second-hand and it doesn't seem to have a filter.... 

Thank you

I can confirm that your pair is missing the filter - there should be a mesh filter at the opening of the sound tube.

Thank you for the confirmation... I just want someone to post a picture if possible?
just want to know what I'm missing....

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #1,457 of 2,211
upload not working in tapatalk.

http://instagr.am/p/KDcwHJPPXY/

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #1,458 of 2,211

Quote:
Thank you for the confirmation... I just want someone to post a picture if possible?
just want to know what I'm missing....

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #1,459 of 2,211
Thanks to everybody that uploaded their pict. for me!

May 1, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #1,461 of 2,211

Quote:
Are these too big to comfortably wear in bed lying sideways?

Yeah-for me they protrude out too much, so they'll press against your ear if you lay your head on your side.

May 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #1,462 of 2,211
Quote:
Are these too big to comfortably wear in bed lying sideways?

They would be fine for that in my ears. I find that they fit better/deeper if worn cable-up (without switching sides), and the short bi-flange MEElec or Sennheiser tips work perfectly with that fit arrangement while also controlling the bass.

May 2, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #1,464 of 2,211
I borrowed these from a friend today because being headphone newbie I wanted something decent to try out first as sort of a benchmark before purchasing my own. Coming from a ~20 USD Sony In Ear, I would obviously expect a massive difference from these 2 pairs, being a beginner at this sort of stuff. But I'm not feeling it.. I can't quite hear any sort of major difference.. I haven't used these for long, so maybe I'll just have to use them more? What sort of difference should I expect to get...? Thanks

:) 

May 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #1,465 of 2,211
Can anyone do a comparison to the EPH-100, I am thinking of buying the EPH-100 and wondered how does it stack up against the FXT90....

May 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #1,467 of 2,211
Hi all,

I am a complete newbie, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I really love music, and have a huge collection of all kinds of music, but have never really know much about the technical side of things, and have stuck to relatively cheap(ish) hardware. After reading about all different kinds of headphones, I decided to take the plunge and by the JVC FXT90s as they seemed relatively cheap, and praised for being a decent all around IEM.

I am listening to them now through the laptop and although they sound decent, they only sound marginally better than my Sennheiser CX300II's. So I guess that either makes me tonedeaf, or I have the wrong setup. So I have a few questions....

I am using an old Sony A829 MP3 player, should I be using an amp as well for the best sound? I liked the look of the Ibasso t3.
I will get replacement tips, maybe monster tips but they are 45€ on Ebay... that seems a lot of money, is the difference that much better? 
How long would a pair of headphones like these take to burn in and would the differences be large? From what I read, it sounds like in some cases burn in turns a set of headphones into a completely new sound altogether.

I have been trying to hear the differences, but they seem quiet. One thing I do like, is the sounds coming from all angles. Much more open sounding. 

Sorry for the typical newbie questions, please feel free to skip over this post.

Benny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back