JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Feb 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #1,186 of 2,211

Quote:
But in general, I do love the heavy stuff, sometimes very much, but I more prefer the Phone to bring out the music, or let me search for it, and find surprises, rather than have everything in front of me, (although still done really really well) Speed wise the Vsonics have the edge but not by too much

I share that preference Freefallr4545, well, sort of. I like to have a pair that are less fatiguing, or let me search for it... but I also an in-your-face pair, for active listening. I guess I'm just greedy!

On a different note, I can confirm that the short Sennheiser double flange are as good as identical to the short Meelec double flange (Senns being slightly softer), meaning that you can get the Senns in packs (pairs x 3), rather than a large MEElec multi-pack (for just one pair of short double flange).

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #1,187 of 2,211
Blah, I've had some bad luck trying to find these puppies. You guys know anyone who sell them in the states, or is buyfromjapan my best bet? They're at 108+18 right now, so it's cheaper than they've been before. Maybe I should keep stalking the FS forum?

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #1,188 of 2,211

Quote:
Blah, I've had some bad luck trying to find these puppies. You guys know anyone who sell them in the states, or is buyfromjapan my best bet? They're at 108+18 right now, so it's cheaper than they've been before.

That's the best price I've heard new lately. You can't buy them in the states, except through an importer.  Buyfromjapan has been reputable dealing with a return from i2ehan.  Many have bought from Accessory Jack.

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #1,190 of 2,211
Since I've never imported anything before, will customs duty add to the price in the US?

"[size=medium]Customs duty:[/size]​
[size=x-small]Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying."[/size]

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #1,192 of 2,211

Quote:
Since I've never imported anything before, will customs duty add to the price in the US?

"[size=medium]Customs duty:[/size]​
[size=x-small]Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying."[/size]

As far as I know, you do not have to pay duties on personal purchases. I believe it only applies to commercial purchases.  I know I've never paid any and I've bought a lot of stuff internationally.

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #1,193 of 2,211
I just pulled the trigger. I can't wait to see my 21'st birthday gift! :D

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #1,194 of 2,211

Quote:
I just pulled the trigger. I can't wait to see my 21'st birthday gift! :D

Yeah, I really think you will like these

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #1,196 of 2,211

Quote:
I share that preference Freefallr4545, well, sort of. I like to have a pair that are less fatiguing, or let me search for it... but I also an in-your-face pair, for active listening. I guess I'm just greedy!

LOL I can't be greedy. If I am, I end up listening to these things Like Monk. In and out every minute, changing tips and what not!  I know in my heart, what I desire, I have to make the decision and GO!! 
happy_face1.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #1,197 of 2,211
Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder whether I should've waited for the limited editions to pop up... they look so cool! >.>;;

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #1,198 of 2,211
In just after 3 days of research, I pulled the trigger on my, currently, most expensive purchase caused by Head-Fi. Looking forward to listening to these babies, as from what I read around this is the sound signature that I will be happy with (and hopefully for a long time). Too bad that buyfromjapan doesn't carry the L2 gold ones. I like those better, aesthetically. My payment didn't go through to Accessory Jack, but on the bright side, I got it significantly cheaper from buyfromjapan ($149 + $10 from AJ vs $108 + $18? SOLD!). 

Quote:
Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder whether I should've waited for the limited editions to pop up... they look so cool! >.>;;

Wait, which limited edition now? I only know of the red (sold out) one and the gold L2 one.

Feb 26, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #1,199 of 2,211
Yeah, I'm referring to the gold ones. They were on buyfromjapan's ebay a few days ago, but they were gone already when I went to order the headphones, so I settled on the standard black ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back