JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Mar 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #1,216 of 2,211

Quote:
I made the purchase on 22nd, received shipping notification on the 25th and received on the 28th.  I did not expected until the 6th or so.  The cable has the feel of cloth and less of sticky rubber.

I should probably receive mine by today, tomorrow or Monday.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #1,217 of 2,211
Any recommendations for tips that will bring out as much bass as possible yet still not sacrifice the mids or treble much?

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #1,218 of 2,211
I'm really tempted to try this IEM, but I already have several others such as the scl5, um3x, atrio mg7, and sm3. If anyone has tried any of these could you please make some quick comparisons? The reason I'm interested in the fxt90 is because I've heard that they are good for rock, so I'm guessing also good for metal which is all that I listen to. Any help appreciated.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #1,219 of 2,211

Quote:
So sad. If only I acted just a bit faster, I can get one from buyfromjapan. Well get what you can. This next question is for anyone really: is there any difference physically between the normal black one and the gold one? Like the cable or 3.5 mm jack perhaps? The sound should be the same obviously.

Where are you from? I'm just curious because that is fast. But I understand if you don't want to tell though.

I just browsed through eBay and thought I saw some sellers selling the limited edition.  anyway, as for the difference in cables - I don't have the original black version but I read somewhere that the limited edition is little more microphonic.  From what I can tell so far, microphonic is minimal to almost none.

oh, I lived in west coast United States - Washington State to be precise.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #1,220 of 2,211

Quote:
Quote:
So sad. If only I acted just a bit faster, I can get one from buyfromjapan. Well get what you can. This next question is for anyone really: is there any difference physically between the normal black one and the gold one? Like the cable or 3.5 mm jack perhaps? The sound should be the same obviously.

Where are you from? I'm just curious because that is fast. But I understand if you don't want to tell though.

I just browsed through eBay and thought I saw some sellers selling the limited edition.  anyway, as for the difference in cables - I don't have the original black version but I read somewhere that the limited edition is little more microphonic.  From what I can tell so far, microphonic is minimal to almost none.

oh, I lived in west coast United States - Washington State to be precise.

Ahh I see. Well if anything, shipping always takes it's sweet time getting here to Moscow. >_>

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #1,221 of 2,211

Quote:
Any recommendations for tips that will bring out as much bass as possible yet still not sacrifice the mids or treble much?

From just having it burned in for little over 36 hours, the bass is full and quite punchy, to my ears.  I also have AKG K518DJ, known for over emphasized bass, the bass in FXT90 is very similar - just as full and impactful.  I say the original tip brings out the bass and other frequencies as intended by the engineers.  With that said, a lot of Head-Fi'ers recommend Comply TS400 series.  I had some Comply foams from my previous Ultimate Ears IEM and tried them on FXT90 - other than little more comfortable and slightly clears the treble, bass impact remains the same.  Perhaps other owners can chime in.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #1,222 of 2,211
I got mine last week and I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting a consistently good seal. I don't have any tips that really fit me perfectly. I know the size of the shells themselves make it hard to make a deeper insertion, but at the moment I can only have them literally sit on the edge of my ear canal.

Anyone have any suggestions as to which tips I can try? I'm not very hot about having more bass - I'm a treble person (more on this end would be better, actually). The suggestions I've looked at are all about increasing the low-end. :frowning2:

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #1,223 of 2,211

Quote:
Quote:

From just having it burned in for little over 36 hours, the bass is full and quite punchy, to my ears.  I also have AKG K518DJ, known for over emphasized bass, the bass in FXT90 is very similar - just as full and impactful.  I say the original tip brings out the bass and other frequencies as intended by the engineers.  With that said, a lot of Head-Fi'ers recommend Comply TS400 series.  I had some Comply foams from my previous Ultimate Ears IEM and tried them on FXT90 - other than little more comfortable and slightly clears the treble, bass impact remains the same.  Perhaps other owners can chime in.

But this is only compared to its bass right? From what I read, the FXT90 is still a fairly fun "flat" IEM. I heard the k518 before, and I'm not too fond of it TBH. I'm just worried that I may have bought a cult-IEM. No disrespect of course. :wink:

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #1,224 of 2,211

Quote:
But this is only compared to its bass right? From what I read, the FXT90 is still a fairly fun "flat" IEM. I heard the k518 before, and I'm not too fond of it TBH. I'm just worried that I may have bought a cult-IEM. No disrespect of course. :wink:

Right, I was talking about "amount" of bass present.  I was, too, somewhat skeptical and toiled over FXT90, GR07 and RE262.  From what I heard so far, it is fairly flat and "fun" with a small hump in mid-bass - of course, that could also mean it was the source material, putting out more of mid-bass.  Overall, for this price range, it is an impressive IEM.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #1,225 of 2,211
My Fisher Audio Eterna Rev1 just broken and its not even stand 1 year regular usage.It have absolutely terrible build quality.

After my JVC experience if i had money i would buy one of this.Nice cable,not over ear thats good for me.
Bah with this currency 2 years ago (with same price)  i could buy W3.Anyway i cant afford this one right now too ^^ .Dam* Im gonna cry =))

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #1,226 of 2,211

Quote:
I got mine last week and I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting a consistently good seal. I don't have any tips that really fit me perfectly. I know the size of the shells themselves make it hard to make a deeper insertion, but at the moment I can only have them literally sit on the edge of my ear canal.

Anyone have any suggestions as to which tips I can try? I'm not very hot about having more bass - I'm a treble person (more on this end would be better, actually). The suggestions I've looked at are all about increasing the low-end. :frowning2:

Try using the Meelec Tips for the M11+.

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #1,227 of 2,211

Quote:

I'm not sure if you have the "original" tips or not, but I can suggest getting one of the Sony Hybrid packages, with several sizes. These fit me better with the JVC90. Keep in mind too that the JVCtx90, aren't really a deep insertion type phone either. Good luck

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,228 of 2,211

Quote:
Quote:

Try using the Meelec Tips for the M11+.

Thanks! Just ordered them :)

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure if you have the "original" tips or not, but I can suggest getting one of the Sony Hybrid packages, with several sizes. These fit me better with the JVC90. Keep in mind too that the JVCtx90, aren't really a deep insertion type phone either. Good luck

It's a little unfortunate they aren't a little deeper inserting, but that's okay as long as it fits well :p Thanks, I'll pick these hybrids up (there are a LOT of them!) if I find the Meelec tips unsatisfactory!

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #1,229 of 2,211
Thanks for the tip suggestions.

Any songs that truly shine on the FTX90? Adele and John Mayer sound really great thus far. Tyrese too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back