JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Oct 31, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #151 of 2,211
@Nipit, you may want to consider a digiZoid ZO if your main goal is enhanced bass. It can turn just about any phone into bass monsters. It has 32 levels of bass adjustment, from subtle to ground shaking.

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #152 of 2,211
No, my main goal is not an enhanced bass, it's just that I listen to music in which bass means the most ( excluding rap) But I actually enjoy bass on my Koss KSC75, so FXT90 bass isn't going to sound worse,that's right ?

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #153 of 2,211
Quote:
The FXT90's don't have any more bass then the IEs, the GR07s have even less, so I wouldn't recommend them. Look into the Monster Turbine/Tribute IEMs or Atrio MG7. 

It may have just been mine than Inks, because with my most recent GR07's (the revised edition with 15 pairs of tips and all), the bass was a tad too overpowering, and Freefallr, whom I sold them to, confirmed this. 
blink.gif

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #154 of 2,211
I haven't heard the Koss. I think the fxt90 bass is great. It has nice sub bass rumble and good mid bass punch. Since it is dual driver, it has really good layering and reverb providing good depth to the soundstage. 

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #156 of 2,211
Quote:
Quote:

It may have just been mine than Inks, because with my most recent GR07's (the revised edition with 15 pairs of tips and all), the bass was a tad too overpowering, and Freefallr, whom I sold them to, confirmed this. 
blink.gif

So you're saying that there was a difference between the two pairs of GR07's you used? I've been suspicious that my particular pair have less pronounced treble than some others since I have never had sibilance issues, but wouldn't mind a slightly more sparkly top end. I bought mine this past July. Someone said VSonic tunes these by hand so it could be the case that there are subtle differences between pairs.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #157 of 2,211
Quote:
So you're saying that there was a difference between the two pairs of GR07's you used? I've been suspicious that my particular pair have less pronounced treble than some others since I have never had sibilance issues, but wouldn't mind a slightly more sparkly top end. I bought mine this past July. Someone said VSonic tunes these by hand so it could be the case that there are subtle differences between pairs.

Between the 2 pairs I owned, yes. I didn't recall my first pair (also purchased brand new) ever sounding as bass heavy as my most recently purchased ones, and my dear friend Freefallr, who purchased the second pair off of me, also informed me that he felt to his ears, they were also a tad midbass heavy. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #161 of 2,211

Quote:
Quote:

Between the 2 pairs I owned, yes. I didn't recall my first pair (also purchased brand new) ever sounding as bass heavy as my most recently purchased ones, and my dear friend Freefallr, who purchased the second pair off of me, also informed me that he felt to his ears, they were also a tad midbass heavy. 

It could be caused by something as simple as the case not sealing as well at the seam which would give more venting. There have been some reports of cases splitting. If it's just the bass, it likely a loading issue of some sort.

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #163 of 2,211
Anybody know where to get these (if possible the red LTD ones) for a reasonable price in a physical store in Japan itself, specifically in Tokyo (Akihabara)? For that matter, a good place to generally shop for IEMs in that area (English speaking staff optional).

Someplace other then Yadobashi/Bic Camera.

Planning to go there end of the month, might just pick up these.

Or is Amazon.JP still my best bet?

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #164 of 2,211

Quote:
Could anyone compare these to the Xears/Playaz N3 Nature?  The N3 Nature is currently my favorite iem, and I'd like to know how they compare to the JVC HA-FXT90.

I can once my FXT90 (hopefully this week or next). I haven't listened to the N3 in a minute. It is a good cheap phone. From what I read, however, I expect the JVC to have much more clarity than the N3, but we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back