JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Mar 18, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #2,163 of 2,211
  Does the FXT90 suit my taste I described? Also, how does the FXT90 compare to the P1 in bass, mids and treble?

No they don't, Fidelio L2 is not a bright headphone, I think you should look at warm and sweet IEMs. I'm not interested in this signature anymore, I can't help you find the right product, I guess something similar to the old Fischer Audio Tandem might fit your needs.

Tandem are still for sale : http://fischeraudio.com/shop/tandem/

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #2,164 of 2,211

No they don't, Fidelio L2 is not a bright headphone, I think you should look at warm and sweet IEMs. I'm not interested in this signature anymore, I can't help you find the right product, I guess something similar to the old Fischer Audio Tandem might fit your needs.

Tandem are still for sale : http://fischeraudio.com/shop/tandem/

Have you heard the Fidelio L2?

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #2,165 of 2,211
No, I've read some reviews cause I was interested in this headphone, it seems the signature is more V or U shaped.

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #2,166 of 2,211
  No, I've read some reviews cause I was interested in this headphone, it seems the signature is more V or U shaped.

It is slightly U shaped, but I use a plugin from Equalizer Apo which automatically decreases the bass a bit, so they're neutral now.

I would consider them VERY clear, but with absolutely no harshness at all, even with lesser recordings.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #2,167 of 2,211
The highs of FXT90 are not harsh, but they're not refined, if you're looking for crystal clear highs, you should look for something else.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #2,168 of 2,211
  The highs of FXT90 are not harsh, but they're not refined, if you're looking for crystal clear highs, you should look for something else.

That's where the FXH30 comes in :wink: Very smooth highs, clean mids, quick and punchy bass. Better iems than the FXT90 in pretty much every way. So you know I'm not just blowing smoke, I've two pairs of the FXT90; one as backup...just in case.

Mar 18, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #2,169 of 2,211
Tried the fxh30 in one of those japanese mega electronics stores last week, compared to the fxt90s in terms of bass, the fxt90s has quite a bit more quantity and bloat but the fxh30s does really have more refined highs.

Really enjoying my fxt90s, comfortable bang for the buck piece of equipment

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #2,170 of 2,211
Maybe it's just driver variability, but my fxh30s have lots more bass than my 90s, maybe a little less midbass but hit pretty deep into the lows.

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #2,171 of 2,211
Maybe it's just driver variability, but my fxh30s have lots more bass than my 90s, maybe a little less midbass but hit pretty deep into the lows.

The FXH30 is really tip and seal dependent on my experience. Much more so than most iems and definitely more so than the FXT90. With stock tips and cable down, bass is pretty minimal. With my preferred Huawei tips and cable up...lots of bass!

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #2,172 of 2,211
The FXH30 is really tip and seal dependent on my experience. Much more so than most iems and definitely more so than the FXT90. With stock tips and cable down, bass is pretty minimal. With my preferred Huawei tips and cable up...lots of bass!

Yeah, I think because the drivers are there right at the tip, insertion depth plays a major part... I have a slight hearing imbalance I dont' usually notice but can be accentuated depending on how they're sitting- also sometimes get hints of sibilance if they aren't properly inserted. Actually prefer the stock tips but some other common ones like spiral dots work fine too.

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #2,173 of 2,211
Im really curious as to how spiral dots would affect the sound quality of the 90s? They have a finer increment of the sizes too.

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #2,174 of 2,211
Im really curious as to how spiral dots would affect the sound quality of the 90s? They have a finer increment of the sizes too.

Been a while since I used the stock tips (lately, usually use sureseals w/ them), but pretty similar IIRC- bore size and length, the material is more comfortable imo.
Sometimes getting a better fit can help w/ things like sibilance too (I havn't had that problem w/ the 90's, but w/ some other inears switching to a smaller tip that still seals has helped, probably because of deeper fit).

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #2,175 of 2,211
  Have you heard the FXD80?

to help you answer a few of your questions since i reviewed the fxt90 in my profile/youtube channel which you can check if you'd like

bottom line:

the fxt90 is on the brighter end and can be a bit splashy and sibilant 

if your looking for neutral bass then no the fxt90 isn't it either. its slightly tilted towards the midbass giving it a really nice punch

based on your previous posts i would recommend (which i have experience with or owned)

1) hifiman re400
2) brainwavz r3
3) meelectronics a151

all of which vary in price but they sound somewhat closer to what your looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back