JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Feb 13, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #2,101 of 2,211
  not sure if anyone is interested but i have just finished my review for the JVC FXT 90s,(really late) but and long story short, i like em! =)

http://www.head-fi.org/products/jvc-ha-fxt90/reviews/12573

Tom, thanks for the excellent review. I agree with all of your observations except for your genre recommendations. That is just personal taste. I prefer classical, jazz, and acoustic music for the FXT90s. Their tuning and liveliness really make strings, guitars, woodwinds, and solo piano pieces stand out. For pop, I find the RockJaw Alfa Genus or the Brainwavz S0 suit my tastes better. They are a touch smoother than the FXT90. Granted, I usually listen at rather low SPLs, so that may give different results. Also, I am a bit sensitive to high hats...

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #2,102 of 2,211
FTX90 sounds very nice for stand-alone, but recently I've been using it with Bravo V2 Hybrid amp, (Gellanex tube) + Dragonfly 1.2v DAC. This set up is verrry impressive when it comes to details in sound and the impact when it comes to attack in dynamic. WOW!

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #2,104 of 2,211
I can't say anything about the Tenores, but now that I have the ZA Duoza I would probably never listen to my FXT90s again if I still owned them. The Duozas are absolutely amazing.

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #2,106 of 2,211
They are very, very good. It's ludicrous for ZA to sell them for what they do.

Pros:
  1. enormous soundstage. By far the largest I've ever heard from IEMs.
  2. excellent separation and 3D presentation
  3. decent overall balance, with some sub-bass emphasis that tapered off to comfortable levels over time. Great impact.
  4. lovely mids
  5. arguably the most comfortable IEMs I've ever used, as well, despite their size.
  6. build quality is really good. Personally, I love how the cable feels.
  7. they are extremely light. Subjectively, in my hand the difference between the Duozas and my RE-400s is negligible
  8. Price.
  9. Price.
  10. Price.

Cons:
  1. currently only available from Japan (via Tenso et al.) or on eBay
  2. right channel (and only the right channel, oddly) has the worst driver flex I've ever heard in my life
  3. people with smaller ears may find them too bulky
  4. aesthetics are odd and not everyone will appreciate the differently colored earbuds
  5. treble is smooth and never fatiguing, but it lacks the RE-400s' extension and detail
  6. they don't make me better at Mortal Kombat X or Bloodborne?
  7. that last point didn't even make sense . . .

Apr 26, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #2,107 of 2,211
I can't say anything about the Tenores, but now that I have the ZA Duoza I would probably never listen to my FXT90s again if I still owned them. The Duozas are absolutely amazing.

I have the Duoza's, but I have been listening to my FXT90's all afternoon today, the synergy of the dual dynamic drivers with my DX90 is awesome!

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #2,108 of 2,211
Waiting for a pair of jvc fxt90l2 bought from ebaY. A lot of comparisond have been made betwern fxt90s n gr07 but howdo they stack up to the newlY hyped zero audio tenore :p

The Tenores are wonderfully tuned IEMs. They are magical with vocals. Instead of my confusing you with lame attempts at describing sound with words, for a measly $30 pick up a set of Tenores. That way you can really hear how the Tenores complement the FXT 90. Different tunings, both very, very good IEMs.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #2,109 of 2,211
ITEM RECEIVED
Shipped from Hong Kong
Ebay seller Artistic.life
JVC FXT90l2 GOLD

First impressions:- Everything i heard about these headphones from Joker, Clios and e1 on head-fi is bang on perfect. Loved the sound out of the box. Massive upgrade over my jvc fx101, seinheisser cx280 and creative ep630.

The Bass is tight and controlled. Mid bass is the best aspect for me coming from XX explosives. Sound separation, detail, note thickness... uff... its nirvana. The sound is colored. its vivid, full and very engaging. I would say the sound is front stage. Again, as described earlier, sound stage is good but not in a class to make your head spin in space. For me though, its the vocals, the clarity of sound, the separation of sound and the quality of the notes thats the most important coupled with a tight controlled and balanced bass expression.

I AM SO HAAAPY I WENT FOR THE GOLDEN LIMITED EDITION. Loving it to pieces.
big shout out to @joker @clios and fellow buyers of jvc fxt90 on the forum

special shout out to 
on a studentbudget for reviewing these IEMS.

Apr 29, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #2,110 of 2,211
  ITEM RECEIVED
Shipped from Hong Kong
Ebay seller Artistic.life
JVC FXT90l2 GOLD

First impressions:- Everything i heard about these headphones from Joker, Clios and e1 on head-fi is bang on perfect. Loved the sound out of the box. Massive upgrade over my jvc fx101, seinheisser cx280 and creative ep630.

The Bass is tight and controlled. Mid bass is the best aspect for me coming from XX explosives. Sound separation, detail, note thickness... uff... its nirvana. The sound is colored. its vivid, full and very engaging. I would say the sound is front stage. Again, as described earlier, sound stage is good but not in a class to make your head spin in space. For me though, its the vocals, the clarity of sound, the separation of sound and the quality of the notes thats the most important coupled with a tight controlled and balanced bass expression.

I AM SO HAAAPY I WENT FOR THE GOLDEN LIMITED EDITION. Loving it to pieces.
big shout out to @joker @clios and fellow buyers of jvc fxt90 on the forum

special shout out to 
on a studentbudget for reviewing these IEMS.

onastudentbudget here! Your welcome!! its quite roller coaster ride when listening to them, lots a fun, but with quite a lot of detail up top as well! 

wow the golds look gorgeous! they should've made this the standard version! but maybe thats just me, i like shiny things 
tongue.gif

you got your pair for $54? this link ?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-HA-FXT90L2-FXT90-Twin-System-In-ner-Ear-Stereo-Headphone-From-Jvc-gold-/161636793981?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a24dbe7d

but the red version looks really nice too =( 

May 1, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #2,111 of 2,211
  onastudentbudget here! Your welcome!! its quite roller coaster ride when listening to them, lots a fun, but with quite a lot of detail up top as well! 

wow the golds look gorgeous! they should've made this the standard version! but maybe thats just me, i like shiny things 
tongue.gif

you got your pair for $54? this link ?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-HA-FXT90L2-FXT90-Twin-System-In-ner-Ear-Stereo-Headphone-From-Jvc-gold-/161636793981?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a24dbe7d

but the red version looks really nice too =( 

Yea tom... got it off from the same link. 54$ with shipping. the great thing is the speed of shipment. read your reviews on the night of 20 april and ordered online and the headphones were at my door on the 28th of april shipped from Hong Kong.

I tried looking around for the limited red version, unfortunately i couldnt find them anywhere on ebay :frowning2:

btw... 1 thing i want to add is that i dont think these headphones are anything less on bass.
i come from jvc fx101 xx, the famed bass monsters but i can surely say that the jvc fxt90 has a very very good response and where it scores the most is the quality of that response and how well that bass is controlled and delivered.

to put things in perspective, i would chose the fxt 90s over the fx101s anyday even if i feel bass hungry :D it is thaaaat good
basshead.gif

May 3, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #2,113 of 2,211
Joker has gotten back to me on his site with "The DN-1000 is better overall but both are pretty sparkly. The DN-1000 has less bass impact and more bass quality, with better depth and resolution. The FXT90 has more of a mid-bass hump. The midrange of the DN-1000 is more recessed, but still clearer, partly because the bass is more controlled. Both have good treble energy – the emphasis on the DN-1000 comes in higher up whereas the FXT90 has more upper mids/lower treble. The GR07 happens to be less sparkly than both because it lacks the high treble emphasis of the DN-1000 AND the lower treble lift of the FXT90. Soundstaging is good on both, just depends if you prefer a more forward presentation (FXT90) or the more laid-back sound of the more v-shaped DUNU." if anyone is wondering like myself.

May 18, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #2,115 of 2,211
For $70 it's pretty hard to beat- I don't think I'd more readily recommend anything that I've tried (maybe ATH-IM02 as personal preference, fx850 for fancypants types that fetishize wood paneling and bass).

... but then again I have yet to hear the FXT100/200, FXZ series, Duoza/Tenore, IM70, Titan..... there are too many inears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back