JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jan 12, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #2,071 of 2,211
One thing is certain, the EPH-100 slays the FTX90. Grabbed some complys I'd bought in advance, did a sterilizing job on the IEMs and gave them a spin. Whoah!!!

So, I returned the JVCs and opted for the Yamaha EPH-100s. The Yamaha's are simply fabulous right out if the box and getting better daily. The JVC FTX90 can't touch them. There's just no comparison.

I just bought a second pair of EPH100s after selling the first. I just missed the sound too much, plus they are on offer right now at Audio Affair..

Guys, I still have my pair of red FXT90 for sale of anyone is interested. I can do a good deal.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #2,072 of 2,211
Yeah I remembered after posting that they were dirt cheap brand new :)

Funny, I dislike the sound I get from them on any of my IEMs.They seem to give me a midbass hump and distorted highs with them...

Comply tips do that to me.

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #2,073 of 2,211
I am seriously considering this IEM since my junk pair that came with my Galaxy phone went south and has only one working channel at the moment. (Why in the world would an audiophile subject himself to such cruel and unusual punishment and even listen to stock IEM's is a puzzling mystery even for myself. At least life found a clever way to save me from the sonic torture I was subjecting myself to every time I hit the gym.) My question is whether or not this is a reputable seller for these JVC's. If they are, I am taking the plunge as quick as you can say "Speedy Gonzales", no two ways about that! If no one is sure or the answer is no, I will bite the bullet and get it in the fancy, shmancy retail packaging from Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-JVC-HA-FXT90-Twin-Drive-System-Inner-Ear-Earbuds-Earphones-Headphone-BK-/251547425470?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3a91651abe

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #2,074 of 2,211
I am seriously considering this IEM since my junk pair that came with my Galaxy phone went south and has only one working channel at the moment. (Why in the world would an audiophile subject himself to such cruel and unusual punishment and even listen to stock IEM's is a puzzling mystery even for myself. At least life found a clever way to save me from the sonic torture I was subjecting myself to every time I hit the gym.) My question is whether or not this is a reputable seller for these JVC's. If they are, I am taking the plunge as quick as you can say "Speedy Gonzales", no two ways about that! If no one is sure or the answer is no, I will bite the bullet and get it in the fancy, shmancy retail packaging from Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-JVC-HA-FXT90-Twin-Drive-System-Inner-Ear-Earbuds-Earphones-Headphone-BK-/251547425470?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3a91651abe

I personally wouldn't trust that seller, he has bad feedback about malfunctioning earphones. Also the price seems too good to be true, you'd likely get a fake pair.

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #2,076 of 2,211
Jan 14, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #2,078 of 2,211
I'll send you a PM to see if it's what I'm after. As long as it's in very good condition and not corroded and clogged by ear wax, it's a valid option for me. I buy used when it's cheaper, anyway. (And it isn't on Amazon at the moment.)

Okay cool.

Yeah they are in good condition, and I've only used them a handful of times.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #2,079 of 2,211
Hi folks,
an old reader but new poster.
I'm the owner of a Sony NWZ-A816. The IEM died recently and i decided to buy a new set and choosed the JVC.

Question, i like the form factor of my nwz, but i would like to upgrade a bit capability and audio quality.
i was wondering if a fiio x1 or a sansa clip plus would help, knowing that i 'm planning to rip my cd in a adequate format and use when available high def sources (qobuz eg.)

my budget is around 100 €, any advices ??

or sticking to the nwz would be sufficient with mp3 at 320?

thanks a lot

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #2,080 of 2,211
Hi folks,
an old reader but new poster.
I'm the owner of a Sony NWZ-A816. The IEM died recently and i decided to buy a new set and choosed the JVC.

Question, i like the form factor of my nwz, but i would like to upgrade a bit capability and audio quality.
i was wondering if a fiio x1 or a sansa clip plus would help, knowing that i 'm planning to rip my cd in a adequate format and use when available high def sources (qobuz eg.)

my budget is around 100 €, any advices ??

or sticking to the nwz would be sufficient with mp3 at 320?

thanks a lot

I'd say if you just play mp3s then you don't really need anything more than a Sony or the Sansa. I'd you want to move into playing more flac/aac/wav files then you could either get the X1 or wait for the X3 v2.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #2,081 of 2,211
Thank you for your reply.

How does the Sansa score against the Sony ? 
I mean, Is it NWZ-A810 < Sansa clip << Fiio X1 ?

For the X3 v2, i don't think it will be in my price range, correct ?

the Fiio X1 is listed around 90€ in france, that seems to be the best bang for the bucks, will it be a good companion for the JVC ?
any guys there have played with them together ?

I'm listening a lot of different things, from ska to big beat, through jazz and classical :)

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2,082 of 2,211
Thank you for your reply.

How does the Sansa score against the Sony ? 
I mean, Is it NWZ-A810 < Sansa clip << Fiio X1 ?

For the X3 v2, i don't think it will be in my price range, correct ?

the Fiio X1 is listed around 90€ in france, that seems to be the best bang for the bucks, will it be a good companion for the JVC ?
any guys there have played with them together ?

I'm listening a lot of different things, from ska to big beat, through jazz and classical :)

I'd say the X1 goes above both of those. To be honest I'd save and get the X3, even if it's just for the hardware treble and bass controls, plus a powerful amp.

It should be a good pairing for the X1. I ran them from my X3 quite happily.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #2,084 of 2,211
ok, x3 is twice the price, will look for a used one may be

thanks

Good idea. It will be totally worth it over the X1.

Read this review if you don't believe me:
http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-x1-99-dap/2/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back