JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jul 3, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #1,922 of 2,211
Quote:
Same thing happened to me, I closed the ad haha...

Yeah I might take them off mine as well... they are still one of the best IEMs I own.

Now they are becoming really rare as well since the production been discontinued.

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #1,923 of 2,211
Been using these for a while, at first I thought the left channel sounds smaller because of the left earpiece being problematic, but now I think I might have unbalanced hearing :frowning2:

I sent mine back for being unbalanced. Do a search and alot of people have had the same issue. :)

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #1,925 of 2,211
I have jvc fxc51 and love them. I thought the fxt90s had a similar soundstage but reading the thread seems they're mid focused unlike the fxc51s ? Would fxt90 provide a considerable upgrade over the fxc51 ? I mostly listen to metal and some orchestras/movie soundtracks.

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,926 of 2,211
I don't know about fxc51, but i have fx40 and fxt90 definitely is an upgrade.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #1,928 of 2,211
You could still get FXT90 on amazon.com through japanese markets. I don't know if JVC releasing anything to replace the FXT90.

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #1,932 of 2,211
Speaking of FX40 and FXT90, I remember finding this
[...]

The worst on the list IMO is the FXT90. It's not that it's a bad phone, but the nail in it's coffin for me was that the $20 JVC FX40 has about 90% of it's sound. This has been verified by other head-fi'ers, and another one is about to find out the same thing. It's also bass light IMO (I tried a bucket of different tips). The sub-bass extension and rumble of the GR07 trumps them by a mile. It's also quite aggressive in the treble, so if you like your music loud...beware.

I would like to point out how wrong this poster is when he said FX40 had 90% of FXT90 sound. Truth is they share some similarities, but overall they are quite different from each other. The FX40s have more bass quantity, so when I listen to the 90's bass, I thought the lack of bass on 90 was a downgrade but soon I realize It's more like a sidestep because they have better control so fast paced music like Rock (punk) does sound better on them, while the bass on 40s sound better with Dance or House music. Another thing is for whatever reason, bass guitar is really loud on 40s, so loud it overwhelms vocal or lead guitar at times.
Due to a more balanced nature, vocal on FXT90s isnt as recessed as on 40s, and they got more clarity than the 40s for sure. The best thing on FXT90 is probably the soundstage, specifically depth. On the 40s, I feel like there's a wall behind the vocalist/singer/performers, and they are all standing next to each other. It sounds congested even compared to my old SHE3580; while on the 90s the wall disappears and now there's air and free space behind, much airier than 40s; everyone has their own place: the vocalist standing up front, lead guitar slightly to the side and just right behind vocalist, and durmmer stay all the way back,... something like that, and it's sooo awesome these FXT90s blown the FX40 out of the water as easy as taking candy from kids 
sorry for the broken english, I get sloppy quickly when I write something long

@thugangel: you sure about that? I checked Amazon and apparently some shops are still selling, except that amazon themselves stopped and leave that to EC-JOY

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #1,934 of 2,211
Quote:
Ok, anyone who has both FX40 and FXT90 please tell me the FX40 has much more bass quantity than the FXT90...

FXZ100 :p To be honest, FXT90 probably has the same or a little bit less bass quantity than FX40, but I think the big difference is the presentation of both IEMs. On FX40, it has very V shaped sound while on FXT90 they are flatter while still having V shaped making the FX40 sounds like it has more bass.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #1,935 of 2,211
Quote:
FXZ100 :p To be honest, FXT90 probably has the same or a little bit less bass quantity than FX40, but I think the big difference is the presentation of both IEMs. On FX40, it has very V shaped sound while on FXT90 they are flatter while still having V shaped making the FX40 sounds like it has more bass.

No needs to go into other details, I just want to confirm if my FXT90 is still legit.  I ran into that Vsonic gr07 bass edition thread and the OP claimed that "FXT90 was bassy" while "The FX40 sounded like it has no bass at all", which in truth happens in the opposite way to me: the FX40 packs more bass punch while FXT90 has less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back