JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017)
Jan 6, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #527 of 780
i am also planning to buy the FD01 from Amazon Japan , want to know the Amazon Japan offers worldwide delivery,,???
Can you please share the link to that seller from where you purchase FD02 , thanks ,
Amazon JP is the seller. I believe they do international shipping, just I think you should pay in JPY cause the exchange rate is not very good.

Jan 6, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #529 of 780
Those deal only comes when you keep going back to the same product. Add the time in your cart and remove it and check the product page few times and it should come.

Might be some truth in that but possibly Amazon apply some other criteria too or only flag certain products for discounting? Have been visiting the FD01 page regularly for the past 5-6 weeks and had it in and out of my basket a few times but no discount.

FD02 on the other hand I've barely looked at and only had it in my cart the once as I wanted to get an idea of the price in GBP£ after currency conversion.

Maybe they know it's only a matter of time and that I'll crumble eventually and pay full price? :wink:

Not for FD01?

Not that I have seen. Although may be account dependent going by audionewbi's post above.

Jan 7, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #530 of 780
I have the Aurisonics ASG-2.5, but I have a bad case of upgradeitis. How do the FW01 and FD01 compare with the Aurisonics?

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #531 of 780
Just got my FD-02. Have not even tried the 3.5 mm cable as I also just got 4.4 mm cable. Thus literally everything has just started burn-in which feels amazing. For the first few minutes there is almost no sub-bass and is very hard to drive.Then everything gets better and better slowly.
I probably won't take anymore photos but I might be able to help if some of your have question about it.
For instance, a picture showed the vent which is rather small and hidden, and I am fairly satisfied with its isolation which was one of my major concern before trying it on.
IMAG0733.jpg
IMAG0729.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #532 of 780
Just got my FD-02. Have not even tried the 3.5 mm cable as I also just got 4.4 mm cable. Thus literally everything has just started burn-in which feels amazing. For the first few minutes there is almost no sub-bass and is very hard to drive.Then everything gets better and better slowly.
I probably won't take anymore photos but I might be able to help if some of your have question about it.
For instance, a picture showed the vent which is rather small and hidden, and I am fairly satisfied with its isolation which was one of my major concern before trying it on.

Congratulations , it looks beautiful ,
So how you describe the sound signature of these these are bassy, balance, mid-centric, V shape ,,???

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #533 of 780
Congratulations , it looks beautiful ,
So how you describe the sound signature of these these are bassy, balance, mid-centric, V shape ,,???
As of the quantity I would say it focuses more on mid-high, but still generally quite balanced. Just not something ideal for a bass-head. By no means V-shaped as the presence of vocal is strong, maybe someone would find it a little bit on the thin side? Personally I find it still very nature and likable. Until now the bass quality is still changing so I cannot tell that yet. But everything you heard about its clarity is true. Everything sounds clean and clear. The high feels open without harshness or glare that would cause fatigue.

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #540 of 780
I received my FW01s and I've been burning them in a bit. I have the Andromedas, the InEar Prophile-8, Sony XBA-N3, Aurisonics ASG-2.5, and AKG K3003. Do I need so many IEMs? No, but I think I've entered into collector territory.

I love the dark wood and rose gold aesthetic of the FW-01s, as well as the acrylic part with the metallic speckles. Of all my IEMs, I think this one looks the most like a TOTL IEM. The sound is not as "clear" as the Andromedas or the InEar Prophile, but it makes up for that with the amazing timbre. Listening to live jazz with these is simply amazing. There's a wide enough soundstage that I can feel the music around me, from the breathy rasp of a saxophone, to the sparkle of higher up treble keys on the piano. Trumpets have a realistic bite (some may not like this stridency). This IEM picks up on micro-details if I'm listening more analytically, but I find most of the time, I'm just enjoying the way music sounds so natural on this IEM. They're like little wooden cabinet speakers.

I should mention that I'm using these FW01s with the Sony Triple Comfort Tips (size small). This really brings out the bass, with a slight reduction in clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back