1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

JVC HA-FD01 Class S Solidege

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Mimouille
    Dear all,

A couple of months ago I discovered this new JVC (Japan only so far) iem, and given JVC's track record with dynamic drivers, this seems quite promising.

f_K0001010382.jpg

This iem, like the FW01, is the top of a line with lower end 02 and 03 models.

It carries a 11mm "D3" dynamic driver with a "diamond like carbon diaphragm", a moving air damper and a Titanium casing.

ha-fd01_driver.jpg

Beyond the technical mumbo jumbo, it has a few interesting characteristics. It uses MMCX connectors, and also has a 360 degree rotating nozzle for optimal whether your wear it up or down.

ha-fd01_adjust.jpg

Finally, it allows to change the inner nozzle between three materials : Titanium, Brass and Stainless Steel, to adjust tonality.

ha-fd01_nozzle.jpg

More info (in Japanese on the JVC website).

I might get a pair soon unless JVC is reading this and sends me one for free...

http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/ha-fd01/

Below find some (Google translated) specs :

Screenshot_20171227-175759_01.jpg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Deftone, Wyville, junix and 2 others like this.
  2. benchan2
    Looks heavy and cool

3. Ahmad313
    It's really nice you start a thread for FD01, i am also really interested in this iem and looking for some impressions ,

4. Roscoeiii
    Wow, the nozzles of different metals is an interesting feature. Here's hoping to see some impressions on these soon.

Any idea of the price?

5. Roscoeiii
    Nevermind, found the price: 43,070円 which is approx $380 USD.

Even more intriguing...

6. Selenium
    How much of a change are the different nozzles really gonna make? Is it ONLY the metal that's different?

7. jant71
    Um, your pic is the FD02 and not the FD01. :ksc75smile:

8. mochill
    Probably will get these in the future

9. Mimouille
    Honesty no idea at this stage. It seems it is only the material.

Wow you zoomed :D updated.

10. benchan2
    Just a short summary of difference I found between 01/02:
    -FD01 has interchangeable nozzles , 02 doesn't
    -FD 01 has a isolated L/R cable, 02 doesn't
    -FD01 has a titanium driver case, the one for 02 is made of stainless steel

Spec-wise they are identical. Personally I am interested in FD02 and LZ A5 lately.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Ahmad313 and Mimouille like this.
  11. Ahmad313
    So the most important difference is titanium driver case and stainless steel and i read i FW01 thread that the FD01 sounds more refine than the FD02 because of that difference ,

12. SeeSax
    These look really interesting and I am intrigued to try them. My only complaint about the FW01 was that 90% of my MMCX cables didn't work. It was as if the connector was slightly different and most of the MMCX cables I had would not insert all the way. Anyone else have that problem on JVC? I don't remember that on my FX1200 by memory, but that was long before I was a cable-hoarder :)

-Collin-

13. Trebor1966
    Mimouille likes this.
  14. Mimouille
  15. BlinkST
    Seems that way to me as well after reading the translation via Chrome. It's possible that things could change with burn-in at the 300hr mark, but for now he recommends the FW01.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last