JVC HA-FD01 Class S Solidege
Jan 21, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #61 of 428
The only real issue when swapping may be vent placement on certain models and if the insertion depth alters the sound. I just got a pair of Elecom and don't like them as much over the ear as straight down. The JVC may change over the ear if the relief is up and allows deeper insertion. Since fit is subjective it is something one needs to try and see. If deeper it may sound better or worse but there is also going up a tip size or changing tips to adjust. This is why we as Head-fiers should have a good tip kit since there are tips with filters in them, tips with different lengths, shapes, and different materials and all that to make the best adjustments:)

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #62 of 428
The only real issue when swapping may be vent placement on certain models and if the insertion depth alters the sound. I just got a pair of Elecom and don't like them as much over the ear as straight down. The JVC may change over the ear if the relief is up and allows deeper insertion. Since fit is subjective it is something one needs to try and see. If deeper it may sound better or worse but there is also going up a tip size or changing tips to adjust. This is why we as Head-fiers should have a good tip kit since there are tips with filters in them, tips with different lengths, shapes, and different materials and all that to make the best adjustments:)
Very interesting. Insertion depth is an obvious point, but I'd never have thought about the vent placements. Thanks for the insight. You can never get stuff like these outside head-fi.

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #63 of 428

Hi,
I keep the left and right as is...and just rotate the nozzles..the vent placement is same as it makes no difference to sound..nozzle housing rotates full circle clockwise and counter so very flexible...rotating feel has enough resistance that you dun have to keep adjust everytime you use it, even when mobile.
Hope this helps

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #64 of 428
Cool! I would also think the rotation would allow you to change the cable exit angle more when using over the ear(and even straight down). Moving the cable exit/relief of a fixed nozzle earphone changes the angle of the nozzle. So, as like the hour hand on a clock, you'd want to dial in 10(2 on the right obviously) O'clock and I'd want to dial in 11:30 we could both do it and keep the nozzle at an angle that is best for comfort and sound. This is really a nice thing as peoples ear differ so the nozzle and cable exit forming one particular angle to fit all people both for over ear and straight down isn't gonna happen and a slight bit can make a nice difference.

Jan 27, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #66 of 428
IMAG0768_2.jpg
Both FD 01 and 02 have come to Hong Kong, MSRP HK$2980/2180 respectively.

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #69 of 428
Hi all,

Just wanted wanted say that after some time with the titanium and stainless steel nozzle. I am back and settled on the brass nozzles. As it just gives abit more delicious bass rumble and decay...and also softens the upper mid attack...for an overall more natural tone without sacrificing any of the supreme clarity that defines the fd01. Hope more headfiers have the chance to listen the FD01, truly a worthwhile purchase.

Cheers

Feb 8, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #70 of 428
Hi all,

Just wanted wanted say that after some time with the titanium and stainless steel nozzle. I am back and settled on the brass nozzles. As it just gives abit more delicious bass rumble and decay...and also softens the upper mid attack...for an overall more natural tone without sacrificing any of the supreme clarity that defines the fd01. Hope more headfiers have the chance to listen the FD01, truly a worthwhile purchase.

Cheers
Have you compared these with any other high end iem ,???

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #71 of 428
Have you compared these with any other high end iem ,???
I won't go into too much detail cuz i don't own these iems...only heard for 20 or so minutes. And i am only comparing via memory of verdict vs fd01 or fw01.

Vega
Strong bass..mid and sub bass. Bit harsh on some genres. Not as balanced as fd01. Midrange performance also loses out to fd01. Fw01 also has better timbre, and less spiky treble.

Xelento.
Tips dont really fit my ear well. But excellent sound. Smooth yet detailed and extended on both ends. Only the fit was fiddly. Fd01 has better clarity still, but close call with fw01 probably xelento is technically superior.

Heard noble iems quite some time ago so i don't remember too well, only that i was not impressed enough given the price.

These are the only iems heard the last few months. I avoid iems that head into 1000usd+ territory because i have found that sound quality vs my music taste vs price have been a hit and miss with me so far. I am curious about the audio technica ath ckr100is tho..push pull twin dynamic drivers..maybe i will buy it in the coming weeks.

Sorry for the over simplification. I am sure many may not share my views on other iems. Please feel free to share any differing details on other iems

Cheers

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #72 of 428
I won't go into too much detail cuz i don't own these iems...only heard for 20 or so minutes. And i am only comparing via memory of verdict vs fd01 or fw01.

Vega
Strong bass..mid and sub bass. Bit harsh on some genres. Not as balanced as fd01. Midrange performance also loses out to fd01. Fw01 also has better timbre, and less spiky treble.

Xelento.
Tips dont really fit my ear well. But excellent sound. Smooth yet detailed and extended on both ends. Only the fit was fiddly. Fd01 has better clarity still, but close call with fw01 probably xelento is technically superior.

Heard noble iems quite some time ago so i don't remember too well, only that i was not impressed enough given the price.

These are the only iems heard the last few months. I avoid iems that head into 1000usd+ territory because i have found that sound quality vs my music taste vs price have been a hit and miss with me so far. I am curious about the audio technica ath ckr100is tho..push pull twin dynamic drivers..maybe i will buy it in the coming weeks.

Sorry for the over simplification. I am sure many may not share my views on other iems. Please feel free to share any differing details on other iems

Cheers
Nice comparison and thanks for take a time to write this post ,

BTW, FD01 will be available on Amazon.jp from the 10th of this month,

Feb 9, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #73 of 428
that sounds boss given the MSRP of the vega and xelento

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #74 of 428

Vega

Xelento.

Cheers
so you're telling me that i can get kind of ca vega without selling my kidney? :ksc75smile: then good news everyone!
Hope to read how Fd01 compares to ath ckr100is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back