JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones)
Sep 26, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #31 of 82
Yeah, interested to see how it stacks up directly to the SR60. It has been a while since I had the SR60. I can only say that they are both upfront and the JVC is more fun to me.

Me, I stopped burning them in but I think they are still changing. More clear and transparent.

I think that as the memory foams pads mold/break-in/whatever they loss some isolation. Less firm, so they clamp slightly less and give a little less iso. Fixed by bending the band if you choose. Also, I don't have a big head. If they clamp more on you it might be a welcome change or not much isolation difference. I would suggest letting the pads soften first then deciding if you want to bend the band.

I still really like the cans. Good with glasses, good sound, don't get too hot, great with most sources and the bass you just can't get from buds/iems. With the M750 around, I didn't mind it much selling my CK10 to raise some funds.

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #32 of 82
I have had the M750 for about a week now and I like them alot. I have been burning them in with pink noise overnight for the past five days and I have been listening to them before I go to work every morning. I think I am done with burn in now and I have been comparing them to my SR60s. First things I noticed when I compared the two , were that they both have upfront mids which I love.SR60s are more upfront and therefore have slightly more detail, but the M750 doesn't fall that behind. Were the SR60s beat the M750s at is the high end, the SR60s are brighter and seem more transparent than the M750s.That doesn't mean though the M750 are recessed in the high end because they are not, I just like the way the SR60s treble sounds more. Were the M750 beat the SR60s is bass.The SR60s have the same problem as the Head Direct RE-2, the bass is tight and defined but rolls off to early, the M750 goes deeper than the SR60s.Both sound great for Rock but, the M750 can handle more genres than the SR60s.I am planning to try different pads with the M750 and see how it changes the sound.

Sep 27, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #34 of 82
That kind of headphone looks too big to me. I'd better use IEMs instead. The sound would be big different but at least I'd not worry about where to place it when I go out.

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #36 of 82
Hi all

I am quite interested in this M750, but isolation is the major criteria for me.
I have Sennheiser HD 212 Pro, and that's not enough.
Do you think that this JVC has a better isolation than this ?
How well does that isolate compared to Soundmagic PL30 (i have them too, and isolation is enough) ?
And finally, do you know an online store that delivers M750s in France ?

Thanks all !

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #37 of 82
Anyone ?
normal_smile .gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #39 of 82
Then I'll wait an answer from a M750 owner.
wink.gif

I have seen them on amazon.fr, but at like 70€, so about 100$, and they're sold half of it in the US, damn...
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #41 of 82
HA-S650 is the dark horse of the black series (pun intended). Take a listen. The lows are a bit on the strong side. But, this headphone is thoroughly enjoyable via my Sony 818 MP3 and mesmerizing via Kora pre headphone out.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #42 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by EatApple /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all

I am quite interested in this M750, but isolation is the major criteria for me.
I have Sennheiser HD 212 Pro, and that's not enough.
Do you think that this JVC has a better isolation than this ?
How well does that isolate compared to Soundmagic PL30 (i have them too, and isolation is enough) ?
And finally, do you know an online store that delivers M750s in France ?

Thanks all !

isolation is ok on the 750s, but no portable headphone I know of can isolate as well as iems on the go. Except maybe the Sennheiser HD 25 ll.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #43 of 82
Thanks !
That's what I thought, and that's why I'm considering the AKG K518.
However, did you try other pads on the m750 ?
Does it improve isolation ?

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #44 of 82
any mods to improve S/Q on these phones? do they improve THAT much after burn in?

im looking for a decent pair of closed headphones that are semi portable and must have decent isolation for long haul flights. would the m750 have good enough isolation??

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #45 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any thoughts on how they compare to the Audio Technica ATH-SQ5?

I bet they are on par. As far as the isolation, since these are designed the same as the SQ5. Isolation should be good. I might pick these up as I like the SQ5 SQ.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back