Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Dec 5, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #5,282 of 11,345
Dec 5, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #5,285 of 11,345
I would highly recommend you get an Objective 2. Makes the T50RP sing.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #5,286 of 11,345
The thing is that I have a main setup: Burson HA-160DS + K701.

The new setup I was hoping not to use so much money on that why I bought the niceprice Fostex and hopefully a amp/dac that would fit the T50RP.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #5,287 of 11,345
you have any power amps sitting around? want to do it on the cheap way and feed it endless amounts of power you can build a cheap DIY speaker to headphone out box from your very own radioshack. they still sell project boxes and it will have all the parts you need there. i always liked using speaker outputs for driving headphones as well. don't need to worry about anything except blowing the headphones and your ears. power is no problem though.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #5,292 of 11,345
The Burson is in my computer room. I need a small setup for the livingroom, so justlike a portable amp/dac would do. 

Yeah, i'm looking forward to test the T50rp against the K701 when the mod is done!

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #5,293 of 11,345
You should have a bigger setup in your living room than in your computer room. That's just common sense. The T50RP is very very good with the Cary SLI-80. It is also way bigger than the Burson. Very unportable and dac-less. Will suit you fine 
k701smile.gif

Quote:
The Burson is in my computer room. I need a small setup for the livingroom, so justlike a portable amp/dac would do. 

Yeah, i'm looking forward to test the T50rp against the K701 when the mod is done!

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #5,294 of 11,345

You should have a bigger setup in your living room than in your computer room. That's just common sense. The T50RP is very very good with the Cary SLI-80. It is also way bigger than the Burson. Very unportable and dac-less. Will suit you fine 
k701smile.gif

real men have a B22 in their living room: http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f6/f6b0980e_vbattach27211.jpg
markdavis.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #5,295 of 11,345
The Paradox & CottonDryers arrived today..

I had to get reacquainted with the "ortho sound" since it's been quite a while since I've listened to the T50RP.  I want to thank LFF for his fantastic work.. the certificate of authenticity & FAQ included was a really nice touch.

I'll post some in-depth impressions later on tonight since I haven't had a chance to dig in with them.  Regarding the two flavors, the CottonDryers sound like a slightly warmer version of the monumentally neutral Paradox (w/ 003 pads).  The Paradox lays it all out like it is.. the CottonDryers (w/ the O2 pads) bring that thumping bass.  It's very interesting how the CottonDryers are tuned.. there's some serious bass thump.. it doesn't creep into the midrange whatsoever though.. the warmth is very well articulated.. the CD is smoother (and more colored) sounding than the Paradox.

LFF mentioned he took both pairs to a meet and most everyone loved the Paradox.. and for the few who didn't, they loved the CottonDryers.  What we have here are two incredibly complimentary cans.. one for people seeking ultimate neutrality and another for those after a slightly colored, bassier sound with a very articulate warmth.

Initial sound impressions?

I'm thoroughly blown away by both flavors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back