Just like the Denon D5000s but a bit better isolation???
Jan 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

gelocks

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everyone...

Just wondering what I put up in the title :wink:
I ABSOLUTELY love these Denons, their sound reproduction is great.. Yeah a bit too bassy in some cases (and a bit uncontrolled) but still go well with every genre I have thrown at it.

The only negative right now, isolation... (have seen some of my co-workers headbanging besides me hehehe) and sometimes I can hear the people around me.

so, is there a better closed can out there that sounds as great as these Denons?

GRACIAS!

Jan 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 29
most audiophile quality closed cans do not isolate very well.

you could try beyer dt 770 pro though or some of the ultrasones like the pro 900 though

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 29
That's what I thought though...
My Shure's isolate so well though but of course they cannot provide the 'complete' experience as the Denons do. Also those Ultrasone seems to have recessed mids not sure about the Beyers though (never had Beyers.)

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 29
And this is what happens when you are bored... just ordered an Audio-Technica A900X ...

It seems it's the updated version of the A900 and it SEEMS it has a bit more bass (didn't find much of anything here) ... I don't expect it to be in level with the Denons but I'll try them out, worst case scenario I don't like them and end up selling them. I will compare these directly to my Shure 940s, Senns HD600 and the Denons. I will also bring them to work and see about isolation and sound leakage!

I'll probably check on the DT770 later if I can get them cheap but it seems that these compared to the original A900 where lacking in the highs/details... so I hope that along with the details (maybe similar to the 940s!?!) the bass is enough to satisfy my EDM hunger and overall sound.

We'll see....

Thanks. :p

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 29
I'll second the DT 770s.  I have the Pro 80 Ohm version and they're very warm and punchy, similar to what I remember the D5000s being.  I'm not keeping them, though (not my style), so you're welcome to buy them off me:).

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 29
I just don't like the looks on those Beyers at all!!! Lol
But still I'm already bidding on one of them so if I get them cheap it'll be alrigh if I decide to sell them back. I'm not paying more than $120 though... For now ;-p

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 29
Have you considered replacement ear pads?

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 29
Have you considered replacement ear pads?

for which headphones????

@LithoJazoSphere, doesn't the PRO900 sport a 'V-shaped' sound signature?? I can't live without my mids! ;-p

At everyone else, I'll try to compare them to my current cans when I can and keep you updated. BTW, I also found some Beyer DT 770 Pro 80 cheap so both are on the way.

Thanks.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #12 of 29
If you like your Denons, maybe all you need are aftermarket ear pads or modding to get a better seal around your ears.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #13 of 29
I tried on the ATH-W1000X in a kiosk stand in the middle of a busy mall and it was able to shut out the ambient sounds and noises pretty good.  

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #14 of 29

Quote:
and it was able to shut out the ambient sounds and noises pretty good. 

Yet the W1000X doesn't isolate very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back