June 8th Tokyo Head-Fi Meet: Tentatively GKanai's Office
Jun 6, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #108 of 176
Another friend of mine may join but if he does it'll be around 4 pm/ 5 pm which means we'll probably be done by then. He's on HF as "wallabee" but really a closet HF member.

So possibly just one more tentative but quite unlikely he'll join.

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #109 of 176
I put a "Y" in my column for the 8th on the spreadsheet if that is any help.

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #110 of 176
Hi Gen, no Dimitri. Think he "wished" he could join but when offered he said he needed to go to the studio this weekend (guess he makes his own music).

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #113 of 176
Amos, if you have space left, do you mind bringing 75 ohm rca cable and some of your interconnects to hook up the dacs to the amp through source selector (a clean 3x1 I bought from Japan, already used it last time we did a shoot out.

Another question, do you think I can easily modify my itunes library to point to a different media folder location? Idea for me is to bring my media & itunes library on an external hdd and use that with the mac laptop that will be used at the meet.

Speaking of which, should I bring my 15" MBP'11 (mountain lion, audirvana+) or you/sean are bringing something we could all use?

Or, we go all the way, I bring all my rig so we have 2x727 amps, 2xSR009, and one or more dacs hooked up to each unit for a shoot out. I believe Sean is also using audirvana+, so we could have identical rigs except for the dac/dd converter (and eventual variations between 009 headphones).

Armaud

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #114 of 176
I've got a MBA but its got crappy music - has A+ though. I thought Amos is bringing his notebook. Maybe we can just bring USB HDD's. Amos also lent me these RCA cables but I don't know if they 75 ohm. I'll bring spare Cardas RCA cables too. I didn't check if DonnyHifi/Deon is coming or not. He has Amos/my Nordst RCA too.

Don't think there's a need to have 2xsets of Stax gear? Either yours or mine will do. If you bring yours, I don't need to bring mine :) - ill just focus on the Zana Deux, TH-900, SigDJ, & portable gear.

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #115 of 176
Sean, I'll bring my rig if it fits in the suit-case... Wife has taken one luggage with here, not sure the other one will fit it all.

Also, I am wondering if anyone else cares for the stax rig at the meet? If it's just for me (to compare dacs), it may just be easier to get you to lend me your invicta for trial at home some time :wink:.

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #116 of 176
I'm gonna make a guess at least Amos may be interested. If Wallabee (Yoan!!) ever makes it, he may be keen too. Jeff/Gibraltar, think you'll go Stax?

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #117 of 176
What time tomorrow and what train stop? I might be able to make it but would have to bring my three year old son.

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #118 of 176
Hell with it, the whole rig is in the suit case, sr009 and Omega 2 mk1 wrapped up in towel inside the backpack, I am stupid :)

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #119 of 176
Looks like 10:30 still?

Anyone else bringing kids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back