Joining the Little Dot Family
Dec 16, 2007 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 515

RogerB

100+ Head-Fier
I just completed my transaction with David ordering the Little Dot MKIII with an extra set of tubes!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been reading all your threads on these amps and decided the MKIII was my best option for my first tube amp. Man....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will certainly post my review upon it's arrival.

All of you were 100% correct about David and the customer service of Little DOt. He is an outstanding gentlemen to do business with!!!!

It would be great if it arrives before Christmas but I kinda doubt it will.

Just another member of the Little Dot Family!!!

Roger

Dec 16, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 515
Congrat's on your purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #3 of 515
congratulations, let us hear your impression on your MKIII as soon its arrived

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just completed my transaction with David ordering the Little Dot MKIII with an extra set of tubes!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been reading all your threads on these amps and decided the MKIII was my best option for my first tube amp. Man....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will certainly post my review upon it's arrival.

All of you were 100% correct about David and the customer service of Little DOt. He is an outstanding gentlemen to do business with!!!!

It would be great if it arrives before Christmas but I kinda doubt it will.

Just another member of the Little Dot Family!!!

Roger

Welcome Roger! Congratulations on your purchase of the MKIII! As I'm typing this, I'm listening to my Senn HD-650s through my LDII++ tube amp and I can just imagine how great your coming experiences are going to be!
smily_headphones1.gif
Little-Tube (David and crew) are some of the fastest shippers from China, so hang in there...you may get lucky before Christmas!
biggrin.gif
Welcome to the family!!

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #5 of 515
Thanks guys! My current set up is:

Sony scd-ce595 > Go Vibe 5 > Senns 595 & Grado sr 80

I know the amp is currently the weak link in my chain so I'm very excited to hear the improvement the MKIII makes. I'm sure it will be an awesome experience that I can enjoy for years.

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 515
Welcome aboard.
smily_headphones1.gif

When you've gotten used to the sound of the Mk3 you might want to consider reading through the tube rolling threads and roll some tubes. The best in the EF92 family is the M8161 and the 5654 family has lots of choices too.

Dec 17, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #8 of 515
You are about to become owner of one of the best bargains in Head-Fi listening.
Break-in takes a while and it is a pleasant intro if you can get a pair of CV4010 / M8100 Mullards for the time it takes the amp to settle in. Do a search or post a WTB in the forsale section. They really are a smooth sounding tube. And LD ships FAST, usually 5-6 days max to Florida so you should be about the same.

So Merry Christmas! You are really going to get a great deal of enjoyment from your new amp. Welcome to the ranks of the many who already have.

Dec 17, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 515
Welcome to the Little Dot family! Let us know your experience with the MKIII once you get it. The sound of the MK3 can be changed dramatically with various different tubes. I've been fully enjoying the MK3 since the first day I laid my hands on one.
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #11 of 515
Well would like to wish you lots of listening enjoyment with your new amp. I have been reading about LD amps and many people are very content with them.
I have just joined the family too...I just purchased my first amp, the MK V.

Dec 17, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #12 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdl357 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well would like to wish you lots of listening enjoyment with your new amp. I have been reading about LD amps and many people are very content with them.
I have just joined the family too...I just purchased my first amp, the MK V.

ooo ... dual-mono singled ended. still don't get it,
confused.gif
but i'm sure it will sound pretty good. post some impressions when you get a chance and of course pics, if possible.

Dec 17, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #13 of 515
Thank you and we are ALL waiting on some reviews of the MKV!!!!! Please let us know your impressions when it arrives!

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #14 of 515
I just got my Little Dot II++ and am completely amazed. The wall live is so amazing I am almost speechless

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #15 of 515
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you and we are ALL waiting on some reviews of the MKV!!!!! Please let us know your impressions when it arrives!

But I'm a noob at headphone equipment. I do know my electronics though! Looking at the pictures, I can say the components and PCB are of good quality. I am sure this will sound great and is for sure worth $350.00 shipped!

It's kind of hard to decide among all these amps out there. I have spent 2 weeks reading hundreds of posts only to come back to the amp I had seen when I had first searched this forum! But, I did learn alot so it wasn't wasted time.

The RSA Hornet for example, costs $50.00 more than the MK IV an MK V and I am pretty sure it won't even come close in SQ and driving power. Yeah it's a portable amp vs a home amp, but the cost is the same and when your listening to music in bed at night like I do, I would rather worry about SQ than size. BTW this amp is meaty weighing in at 7.7 lbs and has a 11.8" x 8.26" footprint. This is just to show how much of a good value the "MK Series" amps are. Weather it be Tube or SS amps, you just cannot go wrong by purchasing one of these amps...they are the best bang for the buck. That was one of my deciding factors.

All I can say is that David @ Little Dot seems to know what he is talking about and if he is recommending me this amp, he is sure of what he is doing. He has answered ever email I sent promptly. Communications is an overlooked part of a company that most people tend to forget about untill they need their amp serviced/repaired. That was one major deciding factor for me.

All I know is that between the Ipod, amp, headphones and line out cable, I have spent 1K+ this month, all because of U guys.

THX!
biggrin.gif
Darnit!

Some pics for now to drool over.

Specs and more pics - http://www.little-tube.com/forum/for...osts=1&start=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back