JHAudio IEM's - Jerry's Brief Descriptions
Dec 19, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sent another email to Jerry letting him know there was curiosity on th JH7 over here, and would he mind answering the same questions for the JH7 as well. I'll edit the OP if and when I get a reply.

I really liked the 7's, I really did. The JH5's felt like a SE530 with some of the issues addressed but some plusses negated, as said in my microreview in the link above ^^ the JH5's smooth out the sibilance, give the bass some viscerel feeling, and give a bit more sparkle in the treble. But the sounstage was a bit smaller and certainly less detail. Horses for courses.

The JH7's were without question everything better than the SE530's, from top to bottom I found nothing the 530's trumped the 7's at. And this was my sticking point, I thought well, I only wanted some low end customs so JH5 right? well the JH5's aren't a massive improvement on the 530's so don't bother with them. The JH7's are more expensive but for good reason that they are better in every sense than the 530's. But then the 10X3's are just £90 more and they add so so much more to the mix, in the very least the sounstage and detail is hugely expanded, so I thought yea, lets get the 10X3's.. I can justify for something this good...I don't need to then add on the top for the 13's right? right?! erm..no, I do because once I've commited to spending then why not just go the whole hog and go to the top, because the 10X3's would only cause buyers remorse and I doubt I will ever get the chance to drop on 10X3's then in the future £860 on the 13's...just spend the little bit extra and get the best. Now I'm just damn excited and have no remorse at all, just pure anticipation.
I'm not trying to sell you onto the 13's btw lol, I'm just saying don't settle for the 5's if you do have the possibility of more, because the 5's are somewhat marginally better than the 530's there or thereabouts (I'm not talking comfort and fit here btw because customs will always be superior even if you have custom tips made because a full custom is shaped for your ears and your ears only) but the 7's are noticibly better in every way and if I had a strict budget I would have had no hesitation in choosing the 7's instead of the 5's and a new dap or something

Dec 19, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Very nice overview. You make the 7's sound better than I thought, and make an excellent case for anther $100 for the 10x3's.

cheers
smily_headphones1.gif
yea the 7's a very nice and I was completely enamoured by them even after listening to the 10's but the 10X3's just took things to another echelon

Dec 20, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...so I thought yea, lets get the 10X3's..£690 I can justify for something this good...I don't need to then add £162 on the top for the 13's right? right?! erm..no, I do because once I've commited to spending £700 then why not just go the whole hog and go to the top, because the 10X3's would only cause buyers remorse and I doubt I will ever get the chance to drop £700 on 10X3's then in the future £860 on the 13's...just spend the little bit extra and get the best...

Sigh... I'm afraid "logic" and want-itis may take me this route after Christmas.

Dec 20, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Sigh... I'm afraid "logic" and want-itis may take me this route after Christmas.

haha nothing wrong with that, i knew if i got the cheaper ones id always be wondering what if? so instead of making my experience with the 7's or 10's less than it shoulda been, i just went for the 13's
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #22 of 30
imho the extra $250 for the 13's is well worth it ^^
If you have the means to save for the 13's, you will honestly not regret it. I was lucky enough to be able to demo all the units and I know I wouldn't have been happy with even the 10X3 knowing I could have got the 13's if I had been a little bit more patient in saving.
ahhhhhh this thread is just making me even more excited
frown.gif
if Jaimie puts mine in the sweet ears fb gallery I don't think I'll be able to contain myself hahaha

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP said he didn't ask about the 7's which I found odd because I found the demo unit to be fantastic and very good if it were used for personal listening.

When i bought my JH5 & JH7's i asked the man himself which would be suitable for mixing monitors out of the JH7, JH10, and Jerry told me the JH7's would be better for mixing monitors. I also use for the ipod, and they are excellent. no complaints from this chappie.
regular_smile .gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by syroadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When i bought my JH5 & JH7's i asked the man himself which would be suitable for mixing monitors out of the JH7, JH10, and Jerry told me the JH7's would be better for mixing monitors. I also use for the ipod, and they are excellent. no complaints from this chappie.
regular_smile .gif

How do you like the 5 vs the 7? I am thinking about getting some 5's.

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

regular_smile .gif

DP

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
Quote:

regular_smile .gif

How do you like the 5 vs the 7? I am thinking about getting some 5's.

i love all of  my JH Audio Moulds.  the 5's are noe relegated to Ipod, the 7's for monitors and the ipod, and my 11's for absolutely every thing.  my ears tingle everytime.  awesome.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #28 of 30
I owned the se530 when I auditioned the JH5. For me, the JH5 outclassed it. The top was just much more articulate and sweeter/extended. It's slightly warmish overall but the mids were very cohesive. Jerry did a great job of making it not sound like a multi driver unit. That's also one of the 530's traits but that's because it is a full range unit with added bass drivers. You don't get perfection for $400 but the JH5 played tunes as well as anything I've heard in that range. I found the jh10 to tf10 sans bass comparison odd as the tf10 is anything but flat overall. As much as like Jerry's current offerings and how well he's blending drivers, I wasn't a huge fan of the stuff he did at UE. You wonder if he was meeting target sigs for them or if he's just that much better now.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #29 of 30

Quote:
. I found the jh10 to tf10 sans bass comparison odd as the tf10 is anything but flat overall. As much as like Jerry's current offerings and how well he's blending drivers, I wasn't a huge fan of the stuff he did at UE. You wonder if he was meeting target sigs for them or if he's just that much better now.

Yes, the TF10 has a mid bass boost to make it more "fun" sounding.  But same drivers as UE10.  Not sure about JH10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back