JH13 with Crystal Piccolino Cables
Aug 13, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #46 of 117
I just wanted to let everyone know I have my hands on the prototype piccolino jh-13 cable.....that is all
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #47 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to let everyone know I have my hands on the prototype piccolino jh-13 cable.....that is all
wink.gif

Impressions??????give us...

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #49 of 117
Does the crystal cable make JH 13 like full set more?

Now, I use the Acuslik-Labo cable which borrow from my friend.
sspe1.png

This provide the wider and deeper sound stage just feel like full set.

Hope crystal cable can work like this.

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #50 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1.6k SGD.

So that's about 1k USD.

But there's a lot of difference between Crystalino and Piccolino.

That's pretty much the same price as the JH13 itself.

I'd rather get another JH13. In fact, I might just do that.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #51 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by hkimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the crystal cable make JH 13 like full set more?

Now, I use the Acuslik-Labo cable which borrow from my friend.
sspe1.png

This provide the wider and deeper sound stage just feel like full set.

Hope crystal cable can work like this.

What is this company. . . ? A google search got me nowhere.

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #52 of 117
This cable original is for speaker(Just like crystal cable)and sale in Taiwan.
The sad thing is too big and has to ask company to modify the connector.

I like this cable, but.......

PS:
1.Even with the bad source, still provide the better sound.
2.You can also call it MOTOU cable.

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #53 of 117
Crystal Cable

for those who want this cable, just fire an email off in a correct manner and you may get to be in a position to acquire some.

it might depend on the part of the world you are in though, and I am not convinced they will supply a private individual diy'er so a little forethought as to how you approach them should yield results if you have the cash investment to make the deal.

However, for those with the buying power, it would be cheaper than using other resellers, and you could sell on whatever surplus you had left.

Aug 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #54 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crystal Cable

for those who want this cable, just fire an email off in a correct manner and you may get to be in a position to acquire some.

it might depend on the part of the world you are in though, and I am not convinced they will supply a private individual diy'er so a little forethought as to how you approach them should yield results if you have the cash investment to make the deal.

However, for those with the buying power, it would be cheaper than using other resellers, and you could sell on whatever surplus you had left.

I've gone down this path, and in the end was redirected to the US distributor. Very nice fellow here on the West Coast. he pointed out to me, as did a previous poster, that there is a difference between Crystalino and Piccolino.

I am waiting for Brad's review, and an explanation of the steps he took to get the cable.

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #55 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've gone down this path, and in the end was redirected to the US distributor. Very nice fellow here on the West Coast. he pointed out to me, as did a previous poster, that there is a difference between Crystalino and Piccolino.

I am waiting for Brad's review, and an explanation of the steps he took to get the cable.

I think you misunderstood what daz is trying to say; to buy the cable; you just buy it from jaben.net; but if you want the wire you must politely beg hehe. dont like your chances though; seems to be pretty well sewn up. I have tried both as an individual and as a professional. although last time I did get a response from gabi's assistant because she is on holiday, so fingers crossed. i do not want crystalino, only piccolino

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #56 of 117
hkimo;5968000 said:
This cable original is for speaker(Just like crystal cable)and sale in Taiwan.
The sad thing is too big and has to ask company to modify the connector.

I like this cable, but.......[//quote]
piccolino is NOT for speaker, nothing in the piccolino line is speaker related; only for ipod (mini to RCA no LOD) and for RCAs

Quote:

PS:
1.Even with the bad source, still provide the better sound.
2.You can also call it MOTOU cable.

LOL; this is precious. if it is doing this and smoothing out the sound; it is a bad design, not a good one IMO. the ultimate aim for a good cable is to truthfully present what is there in the signal IMO

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #59 of 117
Piccolo and Piccolino are very far apart as well. Tried their interconnects.

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #60 of 117
Crazyguy, it is generally accepted that silver core will add brightness to any phone. Does the Piccolino with its pure silver design changes the sound signature of the JH13 at all. Does it add any brightness to the sound spectrum? especially in teh treble range?

Second, pure silver is also known to be soft or has a soft quality. If I were to use this cable in a portable and traveling condition, I will probably frequently wind the cable into a two inch diameter pile. Will it hold up under that situation without degrading the sound quality? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back