JH13 with Crystal Piccolino Cables
Aug 30, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #76 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH13 Piccolino Crystal Cables actually adds more bass than treble. It extends up and down. As for flexibility, it's very flexible and easily wound. It was designed for it.

Yes Gabi is the one who designed it. Btw, guys, don't know it till you try it. You can complain/talk/scoff all you want. You might not even notice the difference even if it slams you in the face (though I highly doubt that, it completely gives a lot more detail and body), but at least dare to try it before commenting.

Agree, try it first.

Lucky me to have a friend who interest in cable.
So I have the chance to listen it.

In that way, I found cable bring more effect than amp.
So I interest in cable rather than amp NOW.

PS:
I have tried 3 move, Iqube v1, v2 , sm3 and sm4.
Only the v3 , sm3, sm4 bring big different on 13 pro.
So I will buy amp after I try it.

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #77 of 117
How does one get in touch with Jaben.com, they don't seem to response to e-mail and their website has no info on this product, or any ordering info?

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #79 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does one get in touch with Jaben.com, they don't seem to response to e-mail and their website has no info on this product, or any ordering info?

they posted bout the cable in their forum...you have to sign up for it though...its available for hd600/650 too..

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #81 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by verjuno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uncle Wilson - Piccolino Cable

Thanks for the link, very useful. However, when you select which iem the piccolino is for, you only get to choose UE11 Pros, liveWire, and ES3X. the JH13 is not one of the choices. Do you think the UE11 pros will work just fine with JH13?

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #82 of 117
This is ludicrously overpriced seeing as Oyaide has a wire that reminds me of this (but full sized for digital) coaxial multi-shielded cable with comparable clear poly outer, silver shield below that, and then a huge 18 gauge OCC silver core for $60 per meter. It contains vastly more precious metal per foot than this. Regardless of manufacturer almost no silver-containing cable costs more than $20 per meter to manufacture. Someone's collecting a bigger check on this than any other headphone cable.

It's understandable that they would charge this much though. Silver wired anything is lower profit as its raw materials cost is 20x that of copper and beyond. A $6 per foot copper wire is costing the seller 20 cents a foot pretty much no matter the quality, design, or where they order it from as long as it's bulk, whereas OCC silver no joke even at 1000+ meter orders costs $2-3 per foot. So, if you want to custom order this sort of thing and you want 1000 meters (a tiny order) at $20 per meter, that's $20,000 you have to front. So, you get nervous and you have to charge vastly more than it's worth to get your money back quickly. I would be scared and charging out the yin yang for anything silver if I were in their shoes.

The only place I can see this getting seriously expensive is when you go beyond the purity of OCC silver (~6N) to 7N and 8N silver which costs tens of thousands per ounce or something crazy like that just because of the work involved to get those last few impurities out. Cables made with that cost a fortune for a reason.

One thing's for sure, if I were an IEM freak i'd be all over this, it's sexy.

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #83 of 117
This will sound absolutely ridiculous, but is changing to the piccolino cable as simple as pulling the existing cable out and plugging the new one in, like a plug in a socket? These things are so beautiful and so expensive that I'm afraid to even tug on the plug connector thingy. Obviously I am not a DIY person.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #84 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by verjuno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uncle Wilson - Piccolino Cable

I have left two numbers and one e-mail with no reply. Any ideas?

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #85 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by hkimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree, try it first.

Lucky me to have a friend who interest in cable.
So I have the chance to listen it.

In that way, I found cable bring more effect than amp.
So I interest in cable rather than amp NOW.

PS:
I have tried 3 move, Iqube v1, v2 , sm3 and sm4.
Only the v3 , sm3, sm4 bring big different on 13 pro.
So I will buy amp after I try it.

HKIMO, have you had the chance to try it out yet? Anxious to hear how it compares to stock cable.

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #86 of 117
If fact, Stock cable is good enough.It beat most cable I heard(it's my taste)
But once you hear something is better. you will try to find.

I just got my stock cable back, But, I found I feel sad about the sound.

So now, I still try to find the cable.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #88 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks and style alone have value. Beautifully classy and worth the exclusivity.

Totally agreed.

Sep 11, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #89 of 117
I want to try to made the line myself.
But the problem is where can I find the connector?

And I am also wandering about what is the most important if you have the excellent headphone.

cable,Source or amp?

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #90 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by hkimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I am also wandering about what is the most important if you have the excellent headphone.

cable,Source or amp?

This is easy, for me, all of the above. Sure, people always say source, amp or phone, and tweak in that order if you have to choose that is. But if you do not have to choose then you want the best for all components. Beside the cost to get the best portable component is a lot more less than a home system or full size system. So when you have a phone like JH13, why not give it the best.

The connector is easy, just buy an extra cable and use the connector from it. I have several old UE 10 Pros cables which will work well for the JH13 also.

But the big question is where can I find the piccolino cable. Do You have any ideas? Thanks if you can help me find some piccolino cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back