JH13 with Crystal Piccolino Cables
Aug 29, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #65 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewcyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for asking soooo many n00b questions in 1 day, instead of expecting an answer to every single one of them... All I want to know now are 2 things.
smily_headphones1.gif

1) How much does a 50" version of the "Crystal Piccolino Cables" that Crazyguy106 is talking about costs?
2) Where can I find it?
Thanks.

P.S. Oh and the "Crystal cable Ultra range"... Where can I find that too? Thanks.

That info should cost you some money
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #67 of 117
Mate, you could buy yourself a ute, a sleeping bag, enough beer to drive around Australia and still have enough money left over to tune up at least 2 chicks in every major town in this great country for the price you would pay for this crazily overpriced cable. Then after gathering a lifetime of memories, you would still have enough money left over to buy a more than suitable complete portable rig which would more than meet most peoples needs.

I must stop reading these ridiculous threads.

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #68 of 117
Crystal cable Piccolo interconnect cost $465 for 1 meter pair with RCA (2m pair cost $850. [guessimate] So just wire must be around $385 per meter pair). For Crystal cable Micro interconnect, it costs $730 for 1m pair with RCA (2m cost $1345. [guessimate] So just wire must be around $615 per meter pair). [Assuming of course the IE cable is actually made from those cables.]

Here is price list of Crystal cable interconnects including the ipod cable:

http://www.thecableco.com/prodListing.php?man=140

http://www.audiobasics.com/cgi-bin/s...CC_2d4#aCC_2d4

http://www.audiobasics.com/cgi-bin/s...d01A#aCC_2d01A

Crystal Ultra interconnect costs $3860 per meter pair and much thicker. Ultra is actually one down from their top product called the Dreamline...

You probably best to contact Crystal cable direct re: headphone cable as they are the maker.

Aug 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #70 of 117
Sorry, I am just trying to work out the price of 1m pair of their cable by looking at the price of their interconnects.

Thus for 1m pair Piccolo is probably around $385 (just the wire).

For 1m pair Micro (next model up from Piccolo) is probably around $615 (just wire).

You might want your cable to be longer than 1m though.

All this is of course assuming the IE headphone cable actually made from either of those cable. For all you know the IE cable maybe something different, no idea. Best to contact Crystal cable direct.

Aug 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #71 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you misunderstood what daz is trying to say; to buy the cable; you just buy it from jaben.net; but if you want the wire you must politely beg hehe. dont like your chances though; seems to be pretty well sewn up. I have tried both as an individual and as a professional. although last time I did get a response from gabi's assistant because she is on holiday, so fingers crossed. i do not want crystalino, only piccolino

Actually, I think I understood him just fine. Politely begging got me redirected as I described.

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #73 of 117
The JH13 Piccolino Crystal Cables actually adds more bass than treble. It extends up and down. As for flexibility, it's very flexible and easily wound. It was designed for it.

Yes Gabi is the one who designed it. Btw, guys, don't know it till you try it. You can complain/talk/scoff all you want. You might not even notice the difference even if it slams you in the face (though I highly doubt that, it completely gives a lot more detail and body), but at least dare to try it before commenting.

Aug 30, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #74 of 117
Quote:

I'm confused... :S So I'm new to Head-Fi, despite having stalked hundreds of pages in the forums before joining.
From what I've gathered so far, the Crystal Piccolino Cables are nearly the best IEM cables on the market.
There's also this crazy IEM cable that costs $1,000 USD/ft that Crazyguy106 mentioned.
Where can I get this cable? Does it work for the JH13? Has anyone tried it yet? If i were to get one that is like Westone 3's length (50"), it'll cost me $4,166? REALLY?

So... Which is better? Piccolino or Crystalino?

piccolino and crystalino are 2 different wires; piccolino is superior and not by a small margin. it is also more flexible; in fact the other name for piccolino is 'flexible piccolo' it is the same wire as is used in the 'ipod cable. which is a mini to RCA, not LOD. crystal cables make the wire, not the ipod and IEM cables. they outsource the manufacture.

Quote:

By the way what is this cable? Is this the legendary Crystal Crystalino cable people are blabbering on and on about?
Crystalino Upgrade/Custom Cable for Ultimate Ears
Crystalino Upgrade/Custom Cable for Ultimate Ears [CR_UE] - $599.00 : Null Audio Studio, Where everything is purely handmade

no its not, its crystalino, which is a slightly thicker wire and I think has a solid center conductor, unlike the 8 or so tiny strands at the center of piccolino. havent chopped a crystalino cable open, so dont know for sure.

Quote:

Sorry for all the questions... But finally, I want to verify a few things.
smily_headphones1.gif

Piccolino & Crystalino are the best IEM cables.
They are made by the same firm/person.
They dont have a official homepage? A webpage that shows all their info.

the wire is all made by the same people (crystal cables) but I think the null audio ones are made by a different person. none of them are made by crystal cables, only the wire

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$1000+ / ft?? No, that is for Crystal cable Ultra range....

No idea what Null Audio used for their Crystalino.

i'm not sure which wire it is either, no way would I use the ultra range for an IEM cable; too thick and not flexible enough.

Quote:

Sorry for asking soooo many n00b questions in 1 day, instead of expecting an answer to every single one of them... All I want to know now are 2 things.
smily_headphones1.gif

1) How much does a 50" version of the "Crystal Piccolino Cables" that Crazyguy106 is talking about costs?
2) Where can I find it?
Thanks.

P.S. Oh and the "Crystal cable Ultra range"... Where can I find that too? Thanks.

the piccolino cables cost just over a grand US, you buy it at Jaben.net which I have already mentioned in this thread more than once. they had to change the connection for the JH13, because it fits flush rather than recessed like TF10 and UE11

Quote:

Crystal cable Piccolo interconnect cost $465 for 1 meter pair with RCA (2m pair cost $850. [guessimate] So just wire must be around $385 per meter pair). For Crystal cable Micro interconnect, it costs $730 for 1m pair with RCA (2m cost $1345. [guessimate] So just wire must be around $615 per meter pair). [Assuming of course the IE cable is actually made from those cables.]

Here is price list of Crystal cable interconnects including the ipod cable:

http://www.thecableco.com/prodListing.php?man=140

Audio Basics Inc CrystalConnect Ipod Piccolo

Audio Basics Inc IPOD Cable

Crystal Ultra interconnect costs $3860 per meter pair and much thicker. Ultra is actually one down from their top product called the Dreamline...

You probably best to contact Crystal cable direct re: headphone cable as they are the maker.

no they arent the maker, they produce the wire, they will send you to the jaben. piccolino is the same as the ipod cable, which I think is the micro line.

Quote:

So... If I were to only replace the cable of the JH13 it would cost $XXX/meter?? I don't think I understand. Thanks for the elaborate and informative answer though, even though I couldn't make out most of it.
tongue.gif

Last but not least, *where* can I get it?

Thanks!

see above^^

Quote:

Sorry, I am just trying to work out the price of 1m pair of their cable by looking at the price of their interconnects.

Thus for 1m pair Piccolo is probably around $385 (just the wire).

For 1m pair Micro (next model up from Piccolo) is probably around $615 (just wire).

You might want your cable to be longer than 1m though.

All this is of course assuming the IE headphone cable actually made from either of those cable. For all you know the IE cable maybe something different, no idea. Best to contact Crystal cable direct.

these numbers are totally meaningless, you have no idea what it costs them and neither do I

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I think I understood him just fine. Politely begging got me redirected as I described.

the way I read it, you were telling him where to get the wire, not a cable fully made. if I misunderstood sorry about the confusion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the link. Anyone know if the Crystalino cable for the UE set is compatible with our 13s?

well it will fit, but unless they have redisigned one with the connector so it sits flush, it will stick out just a bit; will still fit and work though. its a different thing to piccolino altogether though. and IMO nowhere near as suitable because its not as flexible or light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH13 Piccolino Crystal Cables actually adds more bass than treble. It extends up and down. As for flexibility, it's very flexible and easily wound. It was designed for it.

Yes Gabi is the one who designed it. Btw, guys, don't know it till you try it. You can complain/talk/scoff all you want. You might not even notice the difference even if it slams you in the face (though I highly doubt that, it completely gives a lot more detail and body), but at least dare to try it before commenting.

X2

Aug 30, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #75 of 117
Of course as you said correctly noone other than the makers know exactly how much the wire prices are. However, if those wire is Micro line then those rough guessimate on wire price might not be totally meaningless. After all one could just buy Micro IC (or the Ipod cable) and send them to someone to fit your headphone etc. Of course that doesn't account for the cost of building & fitting of the wire to the headphone.

Thanks for the explaination re: Jaben.net.

Just found out the name of the ipod cable is called Piccolo Ipod connector (made from Piccolo cable??):

http://www.engadget.com/2005/03/25/c...reo-connector/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back