JH13 with Crystal Piccolino Cables
Aug 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #31 of 117
Here's the TF10 Piccolino cable. I bought the new Lune series for $102 and like the difference with the TF10s enough that I decided not to sell them. $599 for the Piccolino I thought was a bit steep though.
wink.gif

piccolo.jpg

From here. I think I'd have to seriously love JH13s to consider that cable for them.

Aug 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #32 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Qusp, didn't you get your hands on some of this wire for a DIY project of yours?
I vaguely recall something about elves.. or leprachauns .. eichmann bullets and a portable rig.

yeah I did
biggrin.gif
, one of my portable rigs is pretty much exclusively wired with it including the internal wiring on my VCAP dock, but I dont have enough left to make a customs cable unfortunately. the wire isnt available to DIYers; I bought a cable and chopped it up. I have emailed gabi expressing my interest, but have not received a response. my guess is Wilson has it all sewn up. I dont even care if i'm not allowed to sell it, I just want enough to make a cable for my JH13. I still have about a foot and a half left that i'm going to use to fit out the 'final' incarnation of my portable rig with JH13. I may even break down and buy one, I have a perfectly nice silver cable made for the JH13, but piccolino just sends me crazy. those leprechauns are quite convincing
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #33 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the TF10 Piccolino cable. I bought the new Lune series for $102 and like the difference with the TF10s enough that I decided not to sell them. $599 for the Piccolino I thought was a bit steep though.
wink.gif

piccolo.jpg

From here. I think I'd have to seriously love JH13s to consider that cable for them.

Actually the crystal cables that Null Audio has are very different from that which Jaben sells.

They're Piccolo and Crystalino, whereas Jaben holds Piccolino. I've tried Piccolo against Piccolino before, and was disappointed with the Piccolo. But that was quite a while back. But anyway yes I understand your sentiments Qusp... It just floored me.

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #34 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
01082009046.jpg

01082009045.jpg

Images...

Just got them back which is much improved...

But the price went up. >_< Had to pay a little more, but definitely worth every cent for that amazing amount of improvement..

More review of the new improved version with improved jack and improved inputs into the in-ears...

Flexibility looks much better even in your completely out of focus pics.

But either way, I decided that my $$$ is better spent on a source upgrade (HiFiMan HM-801) rather than a cable.

-Ed

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #35 of 117
Haha will be putting up better photos when I get a better camera.

Anyway agreed. Source is really important. I'm very happy with my source that's why I'm dabbling into "tweaks" now...

Aug 2, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #36 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Flexibility looks much better even in your completely out of focus pics.

But either way, I decided that my $$$ is better spent on a source upgrade (HiFiMan HM-801) rather than a cable.

-Ed

totally ed. unless you are totally happy with the rest of your rig I wouldnt recommend spending this amount of money on the piccolino cable. I do believe that it actually offers improvement in the magnitude of changing to a higher quality amp (seriously) not going from a crap one to an amazing one, but from a very good one to an amazing one. but this sort of money could be used to buy a hifiman and then afterwards think about it.

Aug 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #37 of 117
double post;

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #39 of 117
It is now available. I'm holding to the official version of it.

You can contact Uncle Wilson from jaben.net about it. =) He'll be more than willing to answer.

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #41 of 117
1.6k SGD.

So that's about 1k USD.

But there's a lot of difference between Crystalino and Piccolino.

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #44 of 117
Fancy...
It looks to be half a dozen Mundorf style conductors bare wire wrapped around lots of Kevlar, with kapton tape then foil then braid shield then clear insulation over that...is it usable with IEM, not too bulky?

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #45 of 117
It's as thick as triple fi cable but longer and more flexible. So yup. =)

I know what you mean, it's like just flooded with many things that seem excessive, but the Crystal Cables were made to withstand a lot of damage. I'm hoping to use them for at least 10 years, so they'd better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back