JH13 with Crystal Piccolino Cables
Jul 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #16 of 117
3712496800_3986bbcb48_o.jpg

This is the Crystal Cable that the OP mentioned, except that it is connected to the UE11 Pro rather than the JH13. The JH13 Pro cable and the UE11 Pro cable are essentially the same, save for the connector jacks. The UE11 Pro has recessed jacks. Again, this is still a prototype cable, so there are some rough edges - namely the too-stiff memory wire, and the slightly iffy build quality of the jacks. But the shimmering silver of the cable is quite entrancing
smily_headphones1.gif

As the OP mentioned, the degree of detail that this can resolve is truly astounding. If you're using it to connect directly to your DAP without an amp, I would advise you not to bother. The differences are audible, but not enough to blow a substantial wad of cash over, IMHO
biggrin.gif

But pair it with lossless music and a good portable amp, however, be prepared to be amazed and astounded. The upper clarity, microdetails, sense of "space" as well as bass extension has to be heard to be believed.

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #19 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But the shimmering silver of the cable is quite entrancing
smily_headphones1.gif

That silver color is actually the shield for the cable as the silver wire is on the inside of the actual cable.

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #20 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That silver color is actually the shield for the cable as the silver wire is on the inside of the actual cable.

Yes, but it does have a nice shimmering effect
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 117
Is the cable the same as the Crystal Cable MiniJack (iPod cable)?
Might be this will be an option.

Crystal Cable
look at interconnects

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #23 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so that it is clear, neither Jerry Harvey nor JH Audio have made any statements regarding the use/effectiveness/etc of aftermarket cables with the JH13 or their other products. Anyone making claims otherwise is mistaken. This was told to me directly by Brittany Harvey today.

I guess if the OP lied about it he is probably lying about everything else. This quote was taken from another thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even Jerry Harvey said himself that the Crystal Cables make it sound incredulous.

Yes it's Piccolino. It's the prototype I'm holding on to.

And yes Edwood, I would agree with you.... It's far from. Everything else is blindness compared to JH13 Pro stock. But the Crystal Piccolino Cables are a different ballgame altogether. Especially when such a length of cable comes into play.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j.../index100.html Post # 1489

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #24 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They'll be available soon. I'm holding on to the prototype.

I bought mine for 1.3k Sing dollars. So I suspect 700-800 USD when it reaches you but I'm not sure. 45cm long and rather flexible but tough at the same time. In the middle of the JH13 cable and the Triple Fi cable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have both the JH13 and Triple.Fi right in front of me right now. And judging from that pic, the Crystal Piccolino is far stiffer than both of them.

-Ed

Jul 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #25 of 117
I have to admit this review looks a bit suspicious.
First, no pics.
Second, the constant use of "fundamentals" and other suspicious descriptions.
Third, the fabricated quote above supposedly from Jerry Harvey himself. Also the use of "incredulous" is wrong, here's a definition (a rather ironic definition, I may add):

Quote:

–adjective
1. not credulous; disinclined or indisposed to believe; skeptical.
2. indicating or showing unbelief: an incredulous smile.

Not trying to insult the OP, but I think a bit more has to be done to establish his credibility.

edit: thanks for the response, that helps clarify the issues

Jul 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #26 of 117
Okay.

Thank you for the info Iron_Dreamer.

That's what I heard for myself from another source. Sorry if I was mistaken. I got it from a source I thought was trustworthy, and was pretty sure of it. Why would I directly tell you to try asking yourself? I'll take it off immediately since Jerry Harvey said otherwise. Perhaps I understood it wrongly, or got fed wrong information.

"Fundamentals" if you have no idea it means basically talks about the fundamental frequencies when a person plays his/her instrument. What you have is the fundamentals as the person strikes/bows/blows the instrument, you get an attack which I refer to as a "fundamentals" as the overtones are the basis of the resonance you hear after the attack.

So that's what I define as fundamentals. You might keep saying that it's dubious because of it because I used a term never used before in this forum to describe something quite *fundamental*, I understand.

Anyway I apologise for the false claim again and would like to state that it was an honest mistake. I will state it out in whatever I say. Sorry because that night I got it I probably meant incredible but typed incredulous because it was probably mixed up and pretty bad with my vocaulary.

As again, I apologise for the mistaken claim, as I heard it from what I thought was a trusted source. Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

Anyway the memory wire is stiffer than the Triple Fi. I own the triple fi myself, but the cable itself is not anywhere nearly as stiff. The photos might seem otherwise but when you actually handle the cables you'll know what I mean.

The reason behind the lack of photos... I own a JH13 myself, as shown by my photos here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5840686-post1580.html

I don't have a camera or a macro lens to take the photos, and the photos shown in the Appreciation Thread were taken by a friend of mine to help me, but no, I haven't had the time to take photos of the crystal piccolino with my JH13 by my friends.

Thank you and sorry for the mistakes. Will finish this up when I'm free again.

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #27 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both the JH13 and Triple.Fi right in front of me right now. And judging from that pic, the Crystal Piccolino is far stiffer than both of them.

-Ed

Yeah, it is quite stiff, but it is also relatively flexible. At least, I was able to coil it enough to fit it into a regular squarish metal UE carrying case. But it is certainly not as soft and flexible as the braided JH13 Pro cable.

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #28 of 117
01082009046.jpg

01082009045.jpg

Images...

Just got them back which is much improved...

But the price went up. >_< Had to pay a little more, but definitely worth every cent for that amazing amount of improvement..

More review of the new improved version with improved jack and improved inputs into the in-ears...

Aug 1, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #29 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-Ed

actually ed. its not really. it appears much stiffer in photos than it is in reality. I wish I could justify the expense for my JH13, but i'll be happy with the silver cable I have. piccolino also doesnt discolour, as it is made from an alloy that could best be described as electrum; although electrum usually has a higher gold content. it is not as floppy as the braided cables because of the kapton shielding/dielectric that surrounds the inner conductor. all the same its extremely flexible IME. ok thats enough from me. again I dont have an interest in this stuff, other than a lust for enough to make myself a JH13 cable.

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #30 of 117
Qusp, didn't you get your hands on some of this wire for a DIY project of yours?
I vaguely recall something about elves.. or leprachauns .. eichmann bullets and a portable rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back