JH13 deal
May 14, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #46 of 114
@ dallan...I'm very surprised that didn't occur to you...those are some big dogs you'll have in your arsenal....

May 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #47 of 114
Don't really think of an iem competing with a full sized but I am open and happy to be proven wrong.  It has happened before ie-Zu Mobius recable for the HD650.......I thought it may make a little difference but wasn't expecting much, basically changed my headphone into a different animal.

Gotta admitt though they will be tied for my second most pricey pair of phones so it would be nice if they were up there.

My only two worries are:

1)Walking, I have had an ongoing problem with hearing my footsteps(loudly) when using in ear phones (thus my esw9's).  It bothers me more sometimes than others though, I think it is worse in the morning.  JHaudio rep thought that maybe they were moving around a tiny bit in my ear but wiki had a reason that sounded more reasonable-bone conduction.  Caused when you chew or walk.  It says the solution is to change shoes or walk softly
confused_face.gif

2)The other thing in that article says that because our ears keep on growing, customs only can be counted on fitting for four years.  That's kind of a bummer that hadn't occurred to me but it sounds reasonable.  I guess after four years they may be outdated but I take good care of my stuff, hope my Zana Duex will still be going strong in ten years or more.

May 14, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #48 of 114

Quote:
All of you who ordered from the site store recently might want to run a virus scan or something if your browser loads all scripts automatically. Their store is running a malware script haloasionweb.

Hehe, guess I'm not the only one who noticed this.  I was on the site and Avast told me it blocked a trojan.  I figured it couldn't be dear ol' JHA trying to infect my computer!  Who would want to hack their site, anyway?

May 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #49 of 114
it wasnt targeted at them specifically it appeared to have targeted godaddy servers and a quick search shows

Code:
 Domain Name: JHAUDIO.COM Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC. Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com Name Server: NS33.DOMAINCONTROL.COM Name Server: NS34.DOMAINCONTROL.COM Status: clientDeleteProhibited Status: clientRenewProhibited Status: clientTransferProhibited Status: clientUpdateProhibited Updated Date: 22-feb-2010 Creation Date: 21-feb-2005 Expiration Date: 21-feb-2013

Just another victim.

May 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #51 of 114
When did you guys who ordered get your impressions in. Has anyone gootten a shipping notice back. They quoted me five days or less turn around so I thought I would check on others status out here.

May 24, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #52 of 114
i also need to know exactly how long it will take to make the jh13.i made an order and payed the money and will send my impressions next thursday via fedex.will it take 5 days from receiving the impressions to ship the iem?
i am travelling on the twelfth so i need to know whether to send it here or to the country i will travel to.i emailed Brittany but no response.

May 24, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #54 of 114
I ordered that day (13th at noon), went to get my imprssions made same day, had my impressions to JH by the 17th (Monday). Called Zac about my artwork on the 19th, he told me that mine were being done today (24th) or tommoroow (25th) and sent out to me by Wed. (26th) to be here by Friday. I spoke to Jamie today about a cable switch from clear to black, which I did, and she then confirmed that mine is an accurate time line.

I say about 10 buisness days total give or for the 13's at this point if you are US. At least we are not the 16's. 

BTW, the customer service at JH Audio is the best I have ever dealt with. Every single person there, and I've talked to Jamie, Brittney, Zac, and Adam are awesome, helpful, and never made it seem like I are putting them out. 100% satisfied so far with the experience.

May 24, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #55 of 114
Ordered on 13th, impressions made on the 17th, impressions received by JH on the 20th, and no further update at this time per their website.  I haven't called for anything because I haven't had any questions.  I'll update when I get an "in the lab" email.  I'm guessing I'll have them by the end of next week.

May 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #56 of 114
Ok, I am in that same general timeline. My impressions were received & processed on the 18th. All my specifics were done on the phone that morning and I asked about the five day turn around and Jamie said they should be making the by the end of the week(last week). Didn't want to call and bug then, they have been so nice. I have them coming back overnight service so hope to see them somewhat soon, at least by the end of the week.

Starting to get excited, I have been on the fence for these for a long time and didn't know if I could swing them and now the time is almost here.

May 24, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #57 of 114

Quote:
Ordered on 13th, impressions made on the 17th, impressions received by JH on the 20th, and no further update at this time per their website.  I haven't called for anything because I haven't had any questions.  I'll update when I get an "in the lab" email.  I'm guessing I'll have them by the end of next week.

I wouldn’t count too much on the email/account online updates...I know they had my impressions for 4 full BD before the "ear molds received" status showed up...I would not have known this timeline if I hadn’t called for an art mock-up question and a cable switch…they are not too behind on the 13’s…they will be in our ears before we know it…I am getting very excited too!

May 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #58 of 114
adktitan - You are a visionary!  I got the shipped notification today.  So, to summarize for those looking:

Ordered 13th
Impressions Made 17th
Impressions Received 20th
Shipped 25th

4 business days turnaround, impressive!

Of note is I chose no artwork, which I'm sure quickened the turnaround time.

May 26, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #59 of 114
nice!  failed engineer, I look forward to reading your impression (you are writing one, right?).  they just received my impression today so Im hoping I would receive the 13s next week!!!  

May 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #60 of 114
Man, they got my impressions on the 18th and I paid overnight to get them back quick and they got yours out quicker, lucky you!

By the way, I chose no artwork either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back