JH13 deal
May 26, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #61 of 114
Nice failed engineer! I hope my notification is waiting in my inbox when I get to work. Please keep us updated. My initial interest would fall under build quality and any fit issues. Please let us know how yours come out.

Dallen- hang tight, from what I am expecting, the juice is worth the squeeze...

edit- I recieved the Shipping and in lab notification at the same time today..pumped....

May 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #65 of 114
It's funny. I just checked my account page and the status of my order is still "Earmolds received"  (in fact, mine was shipped out more than 2 weeks ago). I guess they are having troubles in keeping up with the large number of orders
blink.gif

May 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #66 of 114
My account page only had 16s in the cart from when I was toying with that idea.  As I said I ordered on the phone because I had no computer access during the deal.  Actually really cool that they accepted it on the phone and I wasn't sure how long it would take, just got excited when I was told five day turn around and then by the end of the week so I got my hopes up and bought overnight shipping both directions.  Now I am bogged down somewhere in the lab or between somewhere and shipping somewhere and it is eight days later.  

Imagine if i had gotten the 16s - I'd be a wreck.
tongue.gif

Edit-on truck for delivery
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #67 of 114
My shipping notice yesterday came from JH at the same exact time I received an in the lab email...then 10 minutes later right before I left work for the day I got another email saying they were being pulled from shipping due to quality control and will ship today...nice to know they are doing quality control though.

May 27, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #68 of 114
i know this is very stupid question,but what should i write on the desccription of the package when sending my impressions?i will send them today via fedex international and the guys in he customs that inspect packages are pretty dumb when it come to these stuff(i saw them myself) and they wont understand what is meant by impressions.should i just write earphones?
i know this is not a problem for you in the US so i was wondering about others that shipped to jh from another country.
thanks for the help.

May 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #72 of 114
Quote:
Hehe, guess I'm not the only one who noticed this.  I was on the site and Avast told me it blocked a trojan.  I figured it couldn't be dear ol' JHA trying to infect my computer!  Who would want to hack their site, anyway?

It must be that darn Skull Candy place trying to take out the competition and rule the world...

May 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #73 of 114
Not ready for that yet.  Right now just doing a first listen thru.  Right side is very comfortable, left is a bit tight, maybe starting to get sore with 20+ minutes.  I have heard that after getting used to it you are okay, and that side may eventually fit better actually.  Gotta see how that goes.  Detail very good, a different animal from the triple-fi or my SE 420.  What surprised me is that they actually do have quite a bit of soundstage and I wasn't expecting that from what I have read.  

The left side is really tight though, hard to get in and out  but both sides have a good seal.  I remember doing the impression, the left side was very.....almost stuck in there.   Sure it is livable.

I started with my ipod-lod-pico amp only   Now listening to my macbook pro/Amarra-pico dac-pico amp only-jh13s.  You can really hear the source difference.  I am wondering about a hifiman now like yours sonic.  What is the better investment next is the question, the hifiman or the protector and TWag.  Not ready right now but my ipod is just about to die so sometime soon.

Happy for a few more minutes then back to work to pay for it.
wink.gif

May 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #74 of 114

All right Dallan, Congrats! So, is the juice worth the squeeze or what?

Of the potential gear you listed, I have been researching all of it while waiting for my JH13's to arrive, and based on blind research with no listening, I would buy the protector before either of the other two as I feel it's a better investment. Based on my research only, I'm not too crazy about the Hifiman for it's price (a red wine audio imod may be a better choice, for me) and I'm not sold on twag or cables in general making a huge sonic difference. Obviously, If I could test all three, that would be ideal, but I can’t make a Can Jam. I'm sure sonic will weigh in as he loves talking about his ultimate set up, so it will be interesting to hear what he would choose first if he had to do it over again…

May 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #75 of 114
Congrats!  So the overnight shipping was worth it!  Mine will be here tomorrow, so I'm excited too.  I'm going to listen straight out of my 3GS for awhile before moving to amped setups.  A calibration process of sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back