JH13 deal
Jun 8, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #106 of 114

[size=10pt]I just received an email telling me they were shipped back today...sweet...[/size]

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #108 of 114

Quote:

[size=10pt]I just received an email telling me they were shipped back today...sweet...[/size]

Good news I hope they fit better.

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #110 of 114

Quote:

I just got an email and mine are too.  They also got mine last Thursday morning.  I hope they fit better, only the left side, the soreness had basically gone away leaving a fit that was just too tight, so tight that you couldn't do the normal twist in and once in place had to pull the ridge that comes down from the top of the ear toward the helix out so the front top of the helix lock would go under it.  Also the stem was slightly too long on that side.  Hope it is a good fit when it comes back.  The soreness just goes away, someone compared it to new shoes, which seems right.

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #111 of 114
Just recieved my re-fit pair and I am listening. Was very quick shipping back from FLA. They are amazing sounding, fit is as close to perfect as it will get, so for now I'm happy with what they did. I can actually say they are in a whole different league then the TF10. I mean, it's not even close. Never thought I'd say that.

dallen, I'm very very intersted to hear your thoughts regarding the HifiMan 801 and your 13's.

Not sure where my next step is at this point, sonically, but I'm in no rush. I'm pretty happy with my set-up. I may look hard at the Apogee Duet for home use. I'm pretty happy now though.

Happy listening everyone. Cheers.

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #112 of 114
I am in CA so normally five day ground. I got two day so I should be able to listen tomorrow. Been listening to the Triple fi 10 - forgot how much I like them. Can't wait to retry the 13 after time with the triple fis and 801.

I tell you though the 801 has been very finnicky. It seems to not like some of my flac files and I have had to remove the battery often when it has locked up/frozen on me. Not really sure why. When working right it is a whole different world from my iPod/pod.

I'll get back with a comment on the sound after I get the 13s back. Overnight seemed crazy so one more day.

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #113 of 114
I have a feeling when you plug your 13's into the 801 (when working..haha j/k), you'll loose your mind...the step-up from the TF10's to the 13's is not a small one IMO...back to work..cheers...

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #114 of 114

Quote:
I have a feeling when you plug your 13's into the 801 (when working..haha j/k), you'll loose your mind...the step-up from the TF10's to the 13's is not a small one IMO...back to work..cheers...

Okay, I haven't had much time back with them yet, i have been so busy and at home i go for the home rig.  It's funny but i notice that when i first put them in I don't get the effect for a few minutes and then the sound opens up for me and it sounds great.  I don't know if i am slowly getting a better seal of my mind is just getting it but everything opens up, gets layered and the bass perks up.  At first, esp the first day, it sounds flat.  Kinda weird, don't know what to say, and i haven't had enough time to totally get used to them again, if I ever was.

As far as the refit, they go in better and less uncomfortable.  The seal is not as tight, which before was like a vacuum but it does seem to make a seal.  There still is somewhat of a fit issue in that they aren't perfect but I don't think I will send them back this time because they are acceptable.  If i end up with the JH16-JH-A combo I will do a reimpression on my left ear.  I kinda don't know how they are supposed to be, the right is now more vacuumy and the left earpiece is softer feeling, still difficult to get incorrectly, takes some work but not as much as before.  Seems like i can live with it.  And the important thing is that, after that first 5+ minutes the sound is incredible.   It seems best when i am really sitting listening carefully, really great layering and balance.

So there is my two cents, still got more listening to do though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back