JH13 deal
May 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #76 of 114

Quote:
Compared to the HD800s?
smile.gif

They are sooo very different.  aaaa, lets see.  If I get a good lock they sound pretty amazing, trying to wrap myself around it.  It is hard to switch back and forth because the left side is very difficult to get in and out.  They are a bit tinnier than the 800s but maybe more detailed or at least the same.  The layering seems different due to the difference in soundstage.  

I have already written and erased a lot more but think I better listen more to them before writing anything else as far as the comparison.

May 28, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #77 of 114
So I finally updated my sig becuase my JH13's arrived at my house this morning while I am sitting at work!!!  I'm going to put in a long night when I get home after the kiddo's get to sleep...

May 28, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #78 of 114
^^ Congratz and please share your impressions with the TTVJ Slim. I am thinking about getting the TTVJ...

May 28, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #79 of 114
Wow, this is a very good deal on these.  Hope some of you were able to put this to good use. :wink:

May 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #80 of 114
May 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #82 of 114
I tried it with the Zana, not really the amp for it.  Tried it with the Zana preamp section to xcan/psu no match, went back and feed the Pico with the Zana preamp and that was better, then tried the Zana again and saw that there was some benefit to it over the pico in terms of clarity after all.  Just kind of playing around.  
Edit-After more listening, the home set up is better but mainly only in the bass being less sloppy and more well controlled. 

Still fit on the left is marginal.  Dropped by my audiologist and she said the helix part was built up to much and she could mark it for them but maybe better to wait thru the weekend and see if it was still giving me problems.  She pointed out that at times I may not be getting it in all the way due to one of the ridges in my ear that I have to get it past and underneath and that that may be some of the problem.  I guess the helix area is supposed to be very sensitive for many people.  She also showed me an easier way to get it in and out because that was where I was really feeling alot of pain due to the tightness.  I put them in after that, sure to get them all the way in and didn't take them out.  They were uncomfortable for a bit but then I got used to them and just didn't touch them at all and it has been about an hour and a half so I may be okay but I am about at my limit for now.  I don't really feel pain unless I touch them or am taking them out generally.  The thought of putting them in again today though sort of nauseated me at first.  So hopefully I can figure it out or my ears will adjust a bit, otherwise I will have her mark the left one and send it back....i am doing all i can to avoid that though. 

I have to go change my sig and take out the on order too.

May 28, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #83 of 114

Quote:
I tried it with the Zana, not really the amp for it.  Tried it with the Zana preamp section to xcan/psu no match, went back and feed the Pico with the Zana preamp and that was better, then tried the Zana again and saw that there was some benefit to it over the pico in terms of clarity after all.  Just kind of playing around.  
Edit-After more listening, the home set up is better but mainly only in the bass being less sloppy and more well controlled. 

Still fit on the left is marginal.  Dropped by my audiologist and she said the helix part was built up to much and she could mark it for them but maybe better to wait thru the weekend and see if it was still giving me problems.  She pointed out that at times I may not be getting it in all the way due to one of the ridges in my ear that I have to get it past and underneath and that that may be some of the problem.  I guess the helix area is supposed to be very sensitive for many people.  She also showed me an easier way to get it in and out because that was where I was really feeling alot of pain due to the tightness.  I put them in after that, sure to get them all the way in and didn't take them out.  They were uncomfortable for a bit but then I got used to them and just didn't touch them at all and it has been about an hour and a half so I may be okay but I am about at my limit for now.  I don't really feel pain unless I touch them or am taking them out generally.  The thought of putting them in again today though sort of nauseated me at first.  So hopefully I can figure it out or my ears will adjust a bit, otherwise I will have her mark the left one and send it back....i am doing all i can to avoid that though. 

I have to go change my sig and take out the on order too.

Is this your first custom IEM?

May 28, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #85 of 114

Quote:
Yes, i guess it takes a bit of a break in on your ears?

The JH13's are my first as well and I went through 2 refits to get it right. The first refit was adding a bit of acrylic to the sound bores to create a tighter fit. About a month after that, it was beginning to hurt my ear canal walls by stretching them too far. I then sent them back to be rebuilt using my original impressions as reference. So they took the components out of the old shell and put it in a new one. When I received my JH13 Pro's in a new shell with a different color it felt a little different in shape and size. From there on until now, they still fit absolutely perfectly. I requested a tighter fit when I shouldn't have. They should "just fill" in your ear, when your ear canal walls warm up, it will naturally hug the shells. You will then have that feeling that nothing is in your ears, like I have now with my JH13 Pro's.

Just let your ears get used to them for the weekend. If they still hurt, send them back. Good Luck.

May 28, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #86 of 114

Well, after about 1 hour. WOW. The juice is well worth the squeeze…my fit is perfect I think, my seal doesn't break no matter what I do which is great and they are pretty comfortable considering they are my first customs and boy these sound incredible out of the box.

I have only listened so far on my iPhone 3gs, but I’m switching up to my iMac>ttvj slim using only lossless as I type. Had my first jaw drop listening to Manchester Orchestra "Pride"...I have sweet night ahead...

Also, Sonic you get a lot of flack, and some of it is deserved, but hang tough…still, you have not answered the question as to what you would invest in first if you had to do your rig over, twag, hifiman, or protector…..

May 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #87 of 114

Quote:

Well, after about 1 hour. WOW. The juice is well worth the squeeze…my fit is perfect I think, my seal doesn't break no matter what I do which is great and they are pretty comfortable considering they are my first customs and boy these sound incredible out of the box.

I have only listened so far on my iPhone 3gs, but I’m switching up to my iMac>ttvj slim using only lossless as I type. Had my first jaw drop listening to Manchester Orchestra "Pride"...I have sweet night ahead...

Also, Sonic you get a lot of flack, and some of it is deserved, but hang tough…still, you have not answered the question as to what you would invest in first if you had to do your rig over, twag, hifiman, or protector…..

I would invest in the JH13 Pro's first then the HiFiMAN then the TWag cables then the Protector. Pretty much the same exact way I built the rig now. If you're saying if I would have gotten the JH16's instead? I most likely would have, because people are making it seem as if the JH13 is bass lite. So I would go for the JH16's due to the opinions of others. But, I'm glad I didn't because the JH13's bass is perfect in quantity to me in the sense that it doesn't add or subtract from the bass output of your source.

So what do you think of the JH13's bass response? And congrats of the comfort issues being relieved.
smile.gif

May 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #88 of 114

No, I'm not saying if you got the 16's…I meant if you rebuilt your 13 rig knowing what you know now…what would come first? I guess you like the hifiman that much...good for you...also, the bass response on these 13's are ridiculous...I really can’t imagine any better for me...they sound better then perfect....I was actually not expecting this much bass, to be honest… way more then I imagined…and I'm only like 2 hours in...

May 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #89 of 114

Quote:

No, I'm not saying if you got the 16's…I meant if you rebuilt your 13 rig knowing what you know now…what would come first? I guess you like the hifiman that much...good for you...also, the bass response on these 13's are ridiculous...I really can’t imagine any better for me...they sound better then perfect....I was actually not expecting this much bass, to be honest… way more then I imagined…and I'm only like 2 hours in...

I told ya the 13's bass is perfect. But, when I say this, I tend to get a lot of flack like you said.
smile.gif

May 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #90 of 114

Quote:
I told ya the 13's bass is perfect. But, when I say this, I tend to get a lot of flack like you said.
smile.gif

Ok. I’m going to try to help you out for a minute. I think that the flack you get is not for touting the 13's bass. It's for doing it on all threads having anything to do with JH13 or in worse cases which seem to piss peeps off, on the 16 threads, when not really asked. I mean, I think that's what some people get tired of seeing. For instance, when I was researching my purchase, I must have read 40 comments by you saying almost the same thing. When people say fanboyism, that's what they mean.

But I think you mean well, so I give you an easy pass, just try to keep the 13 talk in our 13 threads. I must say that you have opened up some threads other then content that deal with your ‘ultimate rig’ and they were successful and enjoyed by the community. I think if you did more of that, you would get less flack. Anyway, thanks for the views and opinions, keep them coming for us 13’s…..seem to be less and less everyday…must be FOTY wearing out
ksc75smile.gif

Also: the speed of these drivers are nuts...I just realized Jeff Ament is actually a pretty good studio bass player...been listening to him since like '92 and never thought he was good until tonight...wierd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back