JH13 deal
May 13, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #31 of 114
Quote:
" If you have (or have heard a good demo of) the JH13 Pro, and tend to prefer more bass impact than the JH13 Pro currently has (to my ears, the JH13 Pro doesn't lack for bass at all), then the JH16 Pro will give it to you with no tradeoffs that I can hear. " Quoted from Jude

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/270280/stop-recommending-gear-you-ve-never-heard-rant-warning

May 14, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #34 of 114

Quote:
I saw it last night, 2mins after they posted it on their facebook page. Really jumped off my seat. Too bad i cant find my wallet last night.

You're not the only one, another one of my friends would have instantly jumped on this but it was too late. Oh well, I've persuaded 2 already. One got the JH5's and the other went straight to the top for the 16's! He's gonna love that bass response.

May 14, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #35 of 114

Quote:
Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/270280/stop-recommending-gear-you-ve-never-heard-rant-warning

Quote:
I'm not recommending anything. I simply pulled some of what Jude said in his JH16 impressions and pasted it there. I didn't write that.

Yes, but in your original post you stated something as fact (instead of saying "In Jude's article, he said that..."), when in fact you've never even heard the JH16's.  That's why people keep bringing up that you haven't heard them.  Did you even read the link that eric621 posted?  Instead of getting all defensive, I'd recommend reading the link, understanding what it says, and taking it to heart...

----

And more on topic, it's way cool that they had a sale on the JH13's.  I didn't buy some today, but I hope they keep some attention on the JH13's in the future, so more of us can get them at this price.

May 14, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #36 of 114
I jumped off the JH fence on the deal with 10 minutes to spare today.  My only decision I am wondering about is the cable.  They said the clear will turn green so I ordered the black.  Looking at the picts I think I like the clear better.  Anyone have the clear, how bad is the greening.

Oh and of course all Sonus audiologists are at a regional conference today and were closed so I couldn't get an appointment or find out about wait times for the impression.

May 14, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #37 of 114
I know that the 16s are pretty much 13s with even more bass.. and I do love bass, but from what I've read the 13s are FAR from lacking in bass, this is why I ultimately decided to just pull the trigger on this deal.

I currently have Westone 3s and from my understanding, the JH13s have at least as much bass, of even higher quality and reaching lower.. so I'm sure I won't regret my choice
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #38 of 114
Quick Question. Becuase of the volcano delay with the 16 production, does this trickle down to the rest of the JH line build time? (yes, Sonic, yawn...I know the 16 is just the 13 with more bass.....:wink: I think the 16's are starting to get built again or will soon, and due to the backlog, I was wondering how that would effect other model oweners build times. Does anyone know how they deal with this? I don't want to call and bug them and will easily wait patietnly, I was just wondering if anyone knew. Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions or sound sig/model types/ etc as I was reasearching the JH line. This deal could not have come at a better time for me! Happy listening everyone! Cheers.

May 14, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #40 of 114
I also am pretty sure it uses different components (hence the delay in the 16's), but I was actually wondering about allocation of the build time in the lab between models. So if all of a sudden the backlog of 16's gets thier componets, will JH do a whole bunch of 16 builds first to catch up and then do the rest of the models? Just curious if anyone knows how they allocate resources....not a big deal...enjoy your tunes everyone....

May 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #41 of 114
Man this sucks.  I just discovered this thread just now.  I've been wanting one forever and is about to place an order.  The new HF is really confusing.  It is also too late for me to call them now.

May 14, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #43 of 114
luckily for me I didn't have computer access, I found out about it on my cell phone reading posts out here and called them and begged them to take my order over the phone since I couldn't get off work to go home and order them online.  Work is unsecured and don't want to put my cc thru it.  So I dodged that bullet but my wallet still took a bit of a hit. 

Audiologist appointment on Monday.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #44 of 114

Quote:
luckily for me I didn't have computer access, I found out about it on my cell phone reading posts out here and called them and begged them to take my order over the phone since I couldn't get off work to go home and order them online.  Work is unsecured and don't want to put my cc thru it.  So I dodged that bullet but my wallet still took a bit of a hit. 

Audiologist appointment on Monday.
smily_headphones1.gif

Please, I would love to hear your comparisons of the JH13's to your HD800's.
smile.gif

May 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #45 of 114
I think it will be a while before I get the chance and I don't have comparable amping capabilities with an iem that I have with a full size.  If it is even in the same league I will be ecstatic though.  That hadn't really even occurred to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back