JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Aug 16, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #1,097 of 1,149
Depends on what kind of sound you’re looking for. I myself prefer the Roxanne and have had the custom for about 4 years now. I like the headphone like soundstage, deep bass rumble with texture, lush rich mids, and darker treble, it rolls off sound 8k, but I’ve adjusted EQ and have the Plussound X8 Gold/Silver Cable and have the perfect sound for me. The Roxanne is very detailed, but has a really big, thick sound.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #1,098 of 1,149
to be honest, i already have two hybrids: fourte and z1r. so i wanted a multi driver BA iem which is why i want roxanne. but the lola looks tempting as well. what did you like about lola?

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #1,100 of 1,149
can i ask are all version of roxanne tuned the same way, or do they sound different

I am surprised no reviews for roxanne aion

can someone list the order of version release of roxanne, is this the correct order

1- Regular roxanne
2- full metal roxanne
3- roxanne aion

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #1,101 of 1,149
can someone list the order of version release of roxanne, is this the correct order

I'd certainly say there was a major difference in size between the first run of the Carbon Fibre model and the larger current version. Soundwise I believe they are very similar, but I lost the first set and had the Moon Silver cables with them most of their time.

Hope that helps.

Sceptre

Jan 9, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,103 of 1,149

I'd certainly say there was a major difference in size between the first run of the Carbon Fibre model and the larger current version. Soundwise I believe they are very similar, but I lost the first set and had the Moon Silver cables with them most of their time.

Hope that helps.

Sceptre
Release order:
1. Original
2. Full Metal
3. Performance
4. Aion
Like John said. I hear not much difference between the Layla Aion and the older metal version. I think it because of the Aion fits better, so I assume the new Rox will be the same.

Jan 9, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #1,104 of 1,149
Like John said. I hear not much difference between the Layla Aion and the older metal version. I think it because of the Aion fits better, so I assume the new Rox will be the same.

the performance and newer has the newer crossover, which to me smoothed out the peaky highs in the roxanne. the roxanne performance/aion, jh13v2 and jh16v2 are much improved over the original roxanne/roxanne full metal and jh13/16 freqphase.

the new crossover really ads space in the soundstage and air to the mids, along with smoother highs and better detail retreival in my opinion.

it went from me not liking the roxanne original and fmj, to really loving the roxanne performance.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #1,105 of 1,149
the performance and newer has the newer crossover, which to me smoothed out the peaky highs in the roxanne. the roxanne performance/aion, jh13v2 and jh16v2 are much improved over the original roxanne/roxanne full metal and jh13/16 freqphase.

the new crossover really ads space in the soundstage and air to the mids, along with smoother highs and better detail retreival in my opinion.

it went from me not liking the roxanne original and fmj, to really loving the roxanne performance.
is the astell & kern a performance Roxanne or full metal jacket

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #1,106 of 1,149
i have the Roxanne performance and boy this iem rocks

- I have mine at 10-12 o'clock on the bass dial
- mids are amazing and I do find them so enjoyable to have this forward midrange
-details and highs are amazing, how some call it a dark sounding iem is strange

One thing about Roxanne is they need to be played at louder volumes than my other iems to shine.

I tell you from all daps or sources that I tried it sounds best with calyx. I think these iems love power to shine

Now with ibasso dx200, nah its not a great pairing, although you might think that since ibasso dx220 with stock amp1mk2 is neutral sounding but with stock amp it is not getting the Roxanne to the level as calyx.

I wonder which other dap with streaming can make it sound as great as with calyx, as definitely this iem is source dependent. I tried mojo and that was good as well

I also have the Lola that one I am giving them more burn in time to see what it will offer in its final tuning compared to roxanne.

Anyway after I listen to Lola or roxanne I need some time away from iems to be able to enjoy my sony ier z1r, noble khan and encore brass limited edition or shure kse1500

I ordered few jhaudio cable adapters with bass boost adjustment to do some cable rolling and see where that can lead to

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #1,107 of 1,149
I just tried the roxanne, and am in love with them. My question is that how do they compare to u12, it seems that the u12 are a bit leaner, and i would still like the roxanne better because I love the rich thich sound. My second question is iem or ciem?

I tried the iem and they fit pretty nicely, not sure if ciem would be worth the extra?

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #1,108 of 1,149
I’ve got the Roxanne paired with my Copper AK380 and Copper amp and it is audio nirvana. I’m also using the Plussound Audio X8 Gold/Silver Cable. I’ve had the custom Roxanne for about 5 years now and hope it lasts...

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #1,109 of 1,149
i have a question, do u put the tips to sit flush with the stem so that all sound ports are visible, as I noticed a big difference in sound when i put the tip flush with the nozzle compared to non flush fit

Feb 5, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #1,110 of 1,149
The level of insertion matters, I am thinking that since these were built for CIEM application. They should go in deep. I found some tips that have worked great and even better than the CSX version of UE. The best-fitting tips were from my powerbeats pro size S, they were thick and narrow and create a perfect deep seal. The other tips that worked were final audio type E tips, but they were a bit thinner.

After some time with them, I love these things. Most IEM on the market sound thin, if you like your music analytical, by all means, go for it. If you want a lush and tonally accurate to what you would experience listening to live music, these IEM are it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back