JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #1,066 of 1,149
lol, not off the rails at all, i meant it when i said i am looking for an alternative. I dont like the fit at all. but i have yet to hear a universal, at least, that does what it does right but within the budget. VE8 has the same sense of scale/density/energy but it’s more expensive and not universal.

Lime Ears Aether is too etheral and thin to me. UE18 to go, too flat ime. UE7 ciem only.
Yes, I understand that you like the Roxannes, everyone has their particular sound signature that they like/prefer and from what I am reading based on your posts. The Roxannes suit your sound profile very well. If that's the case then maybe look into getting a air of Roxanne customs?

00736B0D-92DA-4A80-94EB-0BE14CC2A09D.jpeg
B608F1F5-5704-49F8-A01F-810D60FAA730.jpeg

And speaking of the VE8, I just got my pair and i must say, they are to my ears (and my sound signature preferences), the best IEMs that I have ever heard. I A/B-ed them with the SE5U's and mush prefer the VE8 over the SE5Us.
Again, I am not saying that the VE8 is the best thing in the world for everyone - but just to me and to my preferences the VE8 is the best sounding IEM to me - the KSE1500 is up there with is as the best too but its a totally different signature - and that energizer that comes with the KSE.........

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #1,067 of 1,149
VE8 is definitely the best iem i have demmed, preferred it over Erlkonig. Congrats in the purchase! VE8 is what i would consider as a marked improvement over the Roxanne, yet retaining a lot of attrubutes that i value in the Roxanne.

I am after a certain type of sound and am less fond of Roxys as a “thing” than the sound sig it offers. That was the original intent of my first post. Because there are others out there that does what it does in a more compact form, i would be more than happy to switch, in a heartbeat, tbh.

EE Phantom has certain qualities like it tho it’s less open, but otherwise i find most hi end iems are tuned for clarity over density, and i value the latter, esp in the lower mids than the former.

neway, have fun listening to the ve8s!

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #1,068 of 1,149
such as? i mean which iems within its price are able to better its lower mids density and bass, one that’s paired with a laidback treble? (no sparkly, overly airy, hyperdetailed top end pls)

Considering how uncomfortable they are physically for me, i for one, would appreciate a similarily priced universal that matches or betters the roxys at what they do!
You might like the 64 audio n8

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #1,069 of 1,149
VE8 is definitely the best iem i have demmed, preferred it over Erlkonig. Congrats in the purchase! VE8 is what i would consider as a marked improvement over the Roxanne, yet retaining a lot of attrubutes that i value in the Roxanne.

I am after a certain type of sound and am less fond of Roxys as a “thing” than the sound sig it offers. That was the original intent of my first post. Because there are others out there that does what it does in a more compact form, i would be more than happy to switch, in a heartbeat, tbh.

EE Phantom has certain qualities like it tho it’s less open, but otherwise i find most hi end iems are tuned for clarity over density, and i value the latter, esp in the lower mids than the former.

neway, have fun listening to the ve8s!

Which version of the Roxanne do you have, original, Full Metal Jacket or Performance Series? The fit has improved with each iteration and JHA is working on a new comfort series that they showcased at RMAF. I assume it will probably be out some time this year.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #1,072 of 1,149
Just got these and all I can say is my #1 totl IEM
this is after Campfire Atlas, Solaris, 64 audio u12t, iSine20, iSine i4

Thought the u12t was a keeper but the fit was tricky and then so bright they gave me a little tinnitus. This is coming from a metal head who only listens to metal. Have the bass knob turned up to about 75-85%. Running them off iPhone via Tidal using the dongle. Have an Astell Kern SR15 but sounds fine off iPhone and way more convenient too. The silicone tips suck that came w the Roxanne’s but for the first time ever the Large foams fit. This is from someone who exclusively wore JVC spiral dot Large

More impressions coming soon thx for the read

Oh yeah btw I scored Em from Audio 46. Incredible place to demo product ask for Carol or Garett

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #1,073 of 1,149
Couldn't agree more. Had mine for a year and a half and still amazed. Recently had a set of Vega's to try. Gotta say they were amazing as well, but i felt something was missing. Running off a G7. Bass is ridiculous and set at about 75% as well. I was considering checking out the u12t, thank you for saving me some money.

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #1,074 of 1,149
Had roxanne and angie for a while. Thought angie was a fun set of iems. However, roxanne felt somewhat mistuned. Like watching an all star game. Everyones playing well, individually, but not as one.

I then moved to 64 and noble, at least for now.

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #1,076 of 1,149
Hi everyone,

Does anyone has been able to compare the JH Roxanne II (Universal) with the AK Layla II?
On the specifications side they look identical... Or maybe I missed something :)

Thanks!

Both have 12 drivers, but none of them are the same. The Layla uses entirely different drivers, and the quad clusters are simply for headroom; rather than indicative of any sort of tuning.

Mar 22, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #1,078 of 1,149
Hey guys.. I've been looking for a new IEM and the Roxanne is in the running. I bought a pair of angies but something about them sounds off. Some vocals sound great but some just.. Don't.

Do the Roxanne's sound anything like the hd6xx? To me, those did vocals really well.

Mar 22, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #1,079 of 1,149
Hey guys.. I've been looking for a new IEM and the Roxanne is in the running. I bought a pair of angies but something about them sounds off. Some vocals sound great but some just.. Don't.

Do the Roxanne's sound anything like the hd6xx? To me, those did vocals really well.

No, if you want vocals like the 6XX, Andromeda is not bad actually. FIBASS also.

Mar 22, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #1,080 of 1,149
No, if you want vocals like the 6XX, Andromeda is not bad actually. FIBASS also.
The Andromeda has recessed vocals though. The Andromeda S version has more forward mids, but I wouldn't even compare it to the hd6xx because the treble is also very bright (not in a bad way) and the hd6xx had somewhat rolled off treble.

I want very natural/organic sounding female and male vocals.. maybe even bordering on what treble lovers would call a dark presentation..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back