JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #796 of 1,149
I've been setting my bass at 10'oclock just for a little extra, but I agree that 9 am is really ideal for a perfect balance.

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #797 of 1,149
Same thing happened to me too, but with UPS. I checked my tracking all the time and also turn on the alert notification. It said item has een delivered, but when I went outside, nothing. I checked the whole entire front yard, but no luck. Luckily, my neighbor was at home and she got my package. She has opened the package (the UPS shipping package) and realized she never ordered an IEM. Luckily also, the IEM is only $60 one, I would be furious if it happened to expensive items like the roxanne.

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #798 of 1,149
So apparently my neighbor received my package, she also had been waiting on a FedEx package, opened it and saw it wasn't hers and gave it to me yesterday. She apologized profusely..she told me she didn't sign for anything it was just on her front porch. I had also contacted JH audio and they told me there was nothing they could do if it was sent to the correct address.

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #799 of 1,149
So apparently my neighbor received my package, she also had been waiting on a FedEx package, opened it and saw it wasn't hers and gave it to me yesterday. She apologized profusely..she told me she didn't sign for anything it was just on her front porch. I had also contacted JH audio and they told me there was nothing they could do if it was sent to the correct address.

Did the label have your name on it though?

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #800 of 1,149

Nice! Glad this ordeal ended well. Enjoying your Roxannes now? :)

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #801 of 1,149
Oct 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #803 of 1,149

1) SE846 has a huskier and louder vocal while Roxanne has a smoother and softer vocal, this is by no means V shape, Roxanne is far from it. The SE846 has perhaps the best vocal I have heard in universal. Its very hard to beat. Some people do find it harsh but for me it works very well with vocal jazz if you want to hear the breath in between the voice which is very crucial in conveying the emotions needed for that song, the SE846 is going to deliver that in spades. The Roxanne make the vocal sound much smoother, I suspect alot of people would prefer the Roxanne smooth audiophile quality than the SE846 "raw vocal power". I still prefer the SE846 in its vocal clarity raw and dirty-- as is condition. The ROX is about the 2nd best in that regards.

This is something I have been trying to describe ever since I bought these - there are times when the vocals DO sound a bit harsh - but if I hold off changing volume or tapping EQ and just listen, it really isn't. It isn't raspy, or rough or distorted in any way - it is different and it is forward and it is emotional - I have never owned a Shure IEM or really a premium vocal IEM since recently and this particular presentation is one I am enjoying immensely - there is a grain to vocals that the SE846 excels at - and this is a sound I hear at concerts and now in this little piece of plastic...

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #804 of 1,149
Just listening my Roxanne again after quite some time, this IEM sure can put a smile on my face. Listening to Chuck Mangione "Feels So Good" is truly amazing. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #805 of 1,149
Heh, I fall into the borderline basshead category I think..I loved my JH16...I hooked up the dx90 to the arrow bass boost level 2 turned the screws up all the way wow..too much...

Quote:

Congrats KimChee, let us know what clock number you like. I like 9 and 12 so far. 12 is about as far as I would go. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #806 of 1,149
Am I dumb?  (don't answer that)..I can't get the Roxannes to snap back into the carbon fiber case..

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #807 of 1,149
Borderline bass head? Nah... You've swam across the Rio Grande... 
etysmile.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #808 of 1,149
  Am I dumb?  (don't answer that)..I can't get the Roxannes to snap back into the carbon fiber case..

I had the similar issues, could not get them to fit the way they sent them.  so I use the round case instead,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back