JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #766 of 1,149
A lucky man. :)

Indeed!

Man, I love these things.  Been listenening to them probably on average 4 hrs per day since March.

I only listen to headphones while working, and I find myself actually looking forward to work just so I can snap them in my ears. 

That makes me want to order them right now!! If they made me look forward to work, I'd pay twice as much for them.

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #768 of 1,149
LMAO... I've been debating getting these for months now... But I'm going to get them. universals first though, if I love them, custom here I come. I just dropped a ton of cash on other things... so i need a few weeks... But I'm getting them... you only live once right??? Has anyone compared them to Tralucent Ref 1?

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #769 of 1,149
Finally, got my Fed Ex notification, they should be here Wed!

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #770 of 1,149
LMAO... I've been debating getting these for months now... But I'm going to get them. universals first though, if I love them, custom here I come. I just dropped a ton of cash on other things... so i need a few weeks... But I'm getting them... you only live once right??? Has anyone compared them to Tralucent Ref 1?

I was told the universal akr03 will sound similar to custom Roxanne. I tried the normal universal and it doesn't appear to be what I'm getting from my custom. Since u are getting universal, make it akr03.

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #771 of 1,149
Do you know if it's tuned different? Would you mind sharing the differences between the universal and the custom that you experienced? I'm more worried that the Roxannes will sound no better than what I have... so I want to try universals first to get an idea, and sell them easier either way.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #773 of 1,149
That would be nice... I love my Shure Se846... I'm going to see what I can do about ordering them. I noticed the AKR03 on Amazon... $1499...ouch. But if they are better sounding then the 8s, I'd be very happy. Plus, I'd love to compare them to my Ref 1, as they have set the highest standard for me.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #774 of 1,149
Man, I love these things.  Been listenening to them probably on average 4 hrs per day since March.

I only listen to headphones while working, and I find myself actually looking forward to work just so I can snap them in my ears. 

Lovin' mine also. They are awesome.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #777 of 1,149
That would be nice... I love my Shure Se846... I'm going to see what I can do about ordering them. I noticed the AKR03 on Amazon... $1499...ouch. But if they are better sounding then the 8s, I'd be very happy. Plus, I'd love to compare them to my Ref 1, as they have set the highest standard for me.

The AKR03 comes with a balanced cable that cost about USD 100. If you have an AK player with balanced out, you will get the most out of the AKR03. The bass is really really deep, thick, tight.

I'm using a Hugo and its wonderfully musical.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #778 of 1,149
I have an ak100ii and an ak120ii coming Wednesday... Hmmm. I wanted to get it balanced too...this could be very good... Thanks again, seriously, I didn't know that. Makes it much easier to do this. Man... My girl is going to kill me when she gets back from vacation. Lol...Hopefully I can hide some. of these toys... without too many questions.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #779 of 1,149
I have an ak100ii and an ak120ii coming Wednesday... Hmmm. I wanted to get it balanced too...this could be very good... Thanks again, seriously, I didn't know that. Makes it much easier to do this. Man... My girl is going to kill me when she gets back from vacation. Lol...Hopefully I can hide some. of these toys... without too many questions.

What do they say, "It's so much easier to ask forgiveness than permission"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back