JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #136 of 1,149
Roxanne Connector

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #139 of 1,149
While I feel focus important, I think import of soundstage width and depth over emphasized in IEMs. There's a certain amount of natural width and depth on some recordings that should present themselves at appropriate times but IEMs that always sound wide or deep likely have phase issues or enhancements depending on point of view. Doesn't make them bad if you like it but don't over emphasize those aspects. If you liked the jh13 better on a short compare, you did. Another listen with bass adjustment and varied sources may give another impression but what you got in those circumstances was valid.

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #140 of 1,149
So just got my new cables and they are working just fine. Back to listening to the Roxannes...happy camper here...
beerchug.gif

Oh, and because I know you will ask, going off memory, the nuts seem the same design wise, maybe a little more thickness, but cant be certain as I do not have the old ones to compare side by side??? But looking at the pictures I took of the old ones it seems that the rim of the new ones is, what I would call, 'formed' better. It seems to me that the old ones did not pack out in the tool properly as compared to the ones I have now...this is what my design engineers eyes is telling me. (yes, I design this kind of stuff for a living I have a background (17 years) in plastic molding, etc.).

Time well tell...
L3000.gif

Oh and they replaced my case, also.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #141 of 1,149
For those who own both, how does the Roxanne compare to the LCD-2 in terms of signature and performance?

I am found of the Audeze sound and I am interested in getting a pocket-size version of them - but without giving up (too much) on the sound quality. What I like the most on the LCD-2 are the textured, powerful bass, the inoffensive treble and the wide imaging.

Thanks!

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #146 of 1,149
So how does this compare with Westone 4R, Shure SE-846 and AKG K3003i ?

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #147 of 1,149
So how does this compare with Westone 4R, Shure SE-846 and AKG K3003i ?

I know someone who owns a K3003, but the only person local I knew who had the SE-846 sold their pair. I would have loved to have been able to compare them all at the same time.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #148 of 1,149
I know someone who owns a K3003, but the only person local I knew who had the SE-846 sold their pair. I would have loved to have been able to compare them all at the same time.

yes, that's true. so far I've been using Westone W4 and never look back for anything lesser than 4 BA.
I guess, this one JH Roxanne should not be compared against Westone due to the price factor :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back