JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #151 of 1,149

You should have a listen to Etymotic ER4S single balanced armature sometime. 
wink.gif

Or better still the Fitear F111

Jan 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #152 of 1,149
You should have a listen to Etymotic ER4S single balanced armature sometime. :wink:

Unfortunately I don't have that one :-/
my audio journey comes from UE 600 (1x BA), UE 700 (2x BA) and then goes into Westone 4R (4x BA). It seems that 4 BA is the majority of the top range universal IEM.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #153 of 1,149
So how does this compare with Westone 4R, Shure SE-846 and AKG K3003i ?

I'll let you know when I get my Roxanne in February. I currently own the IE800 and just recently sold my SE846 and K3003i's. My favorite of the 3 is definitely the Shure, and it's a toss up between IE800 and AKG K3003i,

The only reason I have the IE800 is because I sold my SE846 too fast thinking the wait of the Roxanne wouldn't be so difficult, but I couldn't bare not having music for commuting so impulse bought an IE800 until February!

I also did a comparison review between the AKG and Shure's a while ago in case you want an idea between those two (and because I wrote it, you'll be able to relate my Roxanne's impressions to my previous comparison).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/681956/a-brief-comparison-review-of-the-akg-k3003i-vs-the-shure-se846

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #154 of 1,149
I'll let you know when I get my Roxanne in February. I currently own the IE800 and just recently sold my SE846 and K3003i's. My favorite of the 3 is definitely the Shure, and it's a toss up between IE800 and AKG K3003i,

The only reason I have the IE800 is because I sold my SE846 too fast thinking the wait of the Roxanne wouldn't be so difficult, but I couldn't bare not having music for commuting so impulse bought an IE800 until February!

I also did a comparison review between the AKG and Shure's a while ago in case you want an idea between those two (and because I wrote it, you'll be able to relate my Roxanne's impressions to my previous comparison).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/681956/a-brief-comparison-review-of-the-akg-k3003i-vs-the-shure-se846

Many thanks Mr. le Blanc for the share in this thread. I'd love to know how does it compares with this newly released JH Universal IEM.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #155 of 1,149
Many thanks Mr. le Blanc for the share in this thread. I'd love to know how does it compares with this newly released JH Universal IEM.

My pleasure. Now all there is to do is wait. I hope I get them in february as was projected!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #156 of 1,149
  For those who own both, how does the Roxanne compare to the LCD-2 in terms of signature and performance?

I am found of the Audeze sound and I am interested in getting a pocket-size version of them - but without giving up (too much) on the sound quality. What I like the most on the LCD-2 are the textured, powerful bass, the inoffensive treble and the wide imaging.

Thanks!

I've spent some time comparing these two over the past couple nights.  The Roxannes are the first headphones I've heard that seem able to match Audeze's offerings in terms of bass performance.  By and large, treble is more prominent on the Roxannes.  I've never had the imaging problems some people claim the LCD-2s bring, but the Roxannes do seem better able to separate sounds in the stereo field.  I suspect they're generally more detailed, but their differing treble responses make that distinction a little trickier.

I was surprised by how well my 2010 LCD-2s still hold up.  That said, the Roxannes are the first headphones I've had that clearly expose the superiority of the Lavry DA10 over my portable DACs.  It makes me wonder how much deeper I could dive if I had a Lavry Gold DAC.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #158 of 1,149

I was surprised by how well my 2010 LCD-2s still hold up.  That said, the Roxannes are the first headphones I've had that clearly expose the superiority of the Lavry DA10 over my portable DACs. 

Cool... I purchased a Concero HP solely for the purpose of driving these.  Good to know that the extra resolution/finesse of such a setup over more portable alternatives will not be in vain.

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #159 of 1,149

Cool... I purchased a Concero HP solely for the purpose of driving these.  Good to know that the extra resolution/finesse of such a setup over more portable alternatives will not be in vain.

I'm currently driving them with a Meridian Prime - iFi USB Power setup side by side with an LCD-X I'm burning in... beautiful.

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #161 of 1,149
I realize you're still in the burn in, but what is your early opinions of DAP's for the Roxanne?

ZX-1??

ZX1 is pretty good with the Roxanne. Slightly more treble than my other DAPs. Some hit sibilance but that's probably due to lack of burn in time. I'll be listening to them all throughout my flight today so I'll report on it later :)

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #162 of 1,149
After owning the IE800,s for over a year I'm eyeing up the rox universals for something a bit different.
The 800's are a fantastic fun iem with an emphasis on bass so wondering if these Roxie's are a bit of the same or as I'm hoping on a whole new level in terms of resolution and bass control.
Probably a bit too early to tell at this stage is it ?

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #163 of 1,149
Hi, I would like to know if you could tell me if the Roxiannes are the perfect fit for my needs. Considering I am a trained classical music who loves listening to everything from opera to gospel music, I want to hear detail and the sutle nuances of the singers and performers. An example of what I listen to is the Crystal Cathedral Choir, Morman Tabernacle choir, Brooklyn Tabernacle Gospel choir, Joan Sutherland, Leontyne Price, Birgit Nilsson, Maria Callas, Kiri Te Kanawa, Jessye Norman, Kathleen Battle, Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Vienna Sympohonic Orchestra, and many others.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #164 of 1,149
  Hi, I would like to know if you could tell me if the Roxiannes are the perfect fit for my needs. Considering I am a trained classical music who loves listening to everything from opera to gospel music, I want to hear detail and the sutle nuances of the singers and performers. An example of what I listen to is the Crystal Cathedral Choir, Morman Tabernacle choir, Brooklyn Tabernacle Gospel choir, Joan Sutherland, Leontyne Price, Birgit Nilsson, Maria Callas, Kiri Te Kanawa, Jessye Norman, Kathleen Battle, Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Vienna Sympohonic Orchestra, and many others.

The JH13 would do the job - don't know how the Roxannes compare to the JH13....waiting for the reviews to start rolling in

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #165 of 1,149
Hey all,

Just got an update from Corbyn on the cable issue:

~~Jerry has the collar now being made out of aluminum; however, we think it was just a defect in a handful of cables as Jerry tried testing many and they were fine. This round of new aluminum collared cables, are each individually being hand tested by our manufacturer.~~

She also said it looks like the aluminum collared cables are scheduled to be out the first of March but they are pushing the vendor to get them sooner.
In the interim they are sending me a cable from a stronger batch they have tested.
So looks like the fix is coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back